The Student Room Group

Need some advice guys, Firm Warwick or LSE ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
you lucky buggers getting to pick between warwick and lse :puppyeyes:

My best friend is doing history and politics and warwick (reaching the end of his first year), and he is really enjoying it, I wish I wish I was there studying that course. He says that the synthesis isn't terribly polished between the two subjects however. Having said that, Warwick is so so sooo nice, and the course seems fantastic.
personally id firm LSE ive only ever heard praise for its achademics, although it has been compared to an office on more than one occassion
Reply 22
Original post by winning11
thankyou for this, i am coincidentally in london atm for the open day in the morning
that thread you found is really helpful :smile:
thanks again and i do feel inclined towards lse, honestly though unless i manage to do a years worth of work in 2 months, i most probably wont even make it into my insurance choice argh

I was there for the afternoon! What d'u think? Did it help with your decision?
ahh dw you'll probably meet your offer :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by funkydee
I was there for the afternoon! What d'u think? Did it help with your decision?
ahh dw you'll probably meet your offer :smile:

hey, i liked it, got some positive vibes and it sort of helped overcome any hesitations i had, maybe i saw you haha :biggrin: doubt it, i was on the balcony bit at peacock theatre and then to the IR history taster thing

holborn had a cool common area, but the room we got shown at 215 was tiny and overpriced because it had 2 windows, i guess i need to get used to claustrophobic spaces
also from the undergraduate pack the prices of accomodation differed to their big table of halls they gave us today, those prices were higher, grrr...

how did you find it?
:smile:
Reply 24
Original post by winning11
hey, i liked it, got some positive vibes and it sort of helped overcome any hesitations i had, maybe i saw you haha :biggrin: doubt it, i was on the balcony bit at peacock theatre and then to the IR history taster thing

holborn had a cool common area, but the room we got shown at 215 was tiny and overpriced because it had 2 windows, i guess i need to get used to claustrophobic spaces
also from the undergraduate pack the prices of accomodation differed to their big table of halls they gave us today, those prices were higher, grrr...

how did you find it?
:smile:

Weren't all the Artsy subjects in the morning? But yeah I was on the balcony aswell, so you might have seen me, then went to the econ thing. The lady and student might have been the worse speakers I'd ever listened to though!

HH is so expensive, didn't bother looking at it! But I'd imagine all the accom rooms to be q.small I'm not too fussed! Don't get me started on the accom price, I noticed that as well, Bankside just rocketed out of my price range unless I go... shared *shudders* or win the lottery

But yeah was good, it wasn't as bad as tsr made out to be, met some cool people. Definite firm... Just need to decide on accom now! Can't wait to be at uni already and may bump into you come october!
Reply 25
Original post by funkydee
Weren't all the Artsy subjects in the morning? But yeah I was on the balcony aswell, so you might have seen me, then went to the econ thing. The lady and student might have been the worse speakers I'd ever listened to though!

HH is so expensive, didn't bother looking at it! But I'd imagine all the accom rooms to be q.small I'm not too fussed! Don't get me started on the accom price, I noticed that as well, Bankside just rocketed out of my price range unless I go... shared *shudders* or win the lottery

But yeah was good, it wasn't as bad as tsr made out to be, met some cool people. Definite firm... Just need to decide on accom now! Can't wait to be at uni already and may bump into you come october!

Not sure if you guys got the extra sheet of paper that came with the tables, but there were a few corrections...I was horrified when I saw how much Bankside had increased the prices by, but it now includes 5 evening meals if that changes anything? :smile:
Reply 26
Original post by mollyb1993
Not sure if you guys got the extra sheet of paper that came with the tables, but there were a few corrections...I was horrified when I saw how much Bankside had increased the prices by, but it now includes 5 evening meals if that changes anything? :smile:

Don't think I have extra corrections. The cheapest single at bankside is £179.80pw on the sheet I have? Hmm but 5 evening meals included doesn't equal 30 pound increase! But i'm still considering it seeing as it's suppose to be lively :beer:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending