The Student Room Group

Whats the most trouble you have got into at school?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheSownRose
They also had an extremely strange approach to bullying. They claimed to have none in the school; they did, they just covered it up.

Mine did this. When I refused to attend because of the bullying, they said "we can't do anything if you don't come in". They didn't do anything when I was there.:rolleyes: I remember in year 11, someone pressuring me into something and the teacher just laughed. WTF?:angry:

Someone I know got suspended for fighting back.
I got 2 days of the unit (isolation) in year 10 for setting alight my chemistry book with a bunsen burner and making the fire alarms go off.
I had lots of arguments with teachers. Swearing at them and arguing with them. Got isolated and almost suspended a few times.

Funny how I thought I was a badman in high-school, but now I'm a polite, hard-working, quiet person. High-school mentality got the better of me a lot!
Original post by OU Student
Mine did this. When I refused to attend because of the bullying, they said "we can't do anything if you don't come in". They didn't do anything when I was there.:rolleyes: I remember in year 11, someone pressuring me into something and the teacher just laughed. WTF?:angry:

Someone I know got suspended for fighting back.

I remember they were very proud that their records showed next to no bullying because no one was punished for it. Of course they have next to no bullying if that's how they judged it, they didn't punish the bullies. They were left-wing, PC, kid gloves before it was even in fashion - the bullies all had a justifiable reason for acting the way they did, and the victims asked for it.

Like I said, from what I remember about how furious they were about it (seriously, it's not like I even caused permanent damage :rolleyes:), I'm surprised I was able to stay at that school. I don't know what my parents said or threatened them with if they kicked me out. I remember having a while of not being at school, then one day I just ... went back. :dontknow: The up side was I had a reputation for a couple of years as a bad ass, because I was the only person who got kicked out of that school. Then it fell apart again at secondary. :sad:
Original post by iamyourspiritfrombeyondth
Suspended because we got caught smoking weed.

We never even got punished for doing it at my school, but last year a few of them going on a skiing trip to Spain managed to sneak some weed through the security and everything somehow, and they would've gotten away with it but one of the lads felt guilty and told his mum, who reported them to the school and they were suspended from October half term until after the Christmas holidays :laugh:
For some reason, I've remembered a few more...

Back in my first primary school, there was a set of twins in my year. Horrible girls, vile - they used to bully everyone else, but were very good at persuading most of the teachers and break-time playground monitors that they had done nothing wrong and their victim was the bully. One day, they were bragging about their new coats with some sort of in-built belt (?) ... so my friend and I decided to catch one of them and tied her to the fence with this in-built belt. We then left and went back inside, whilst she was tied to the fence in rain with the playground monitor lady struggling for twenty minutes to untie her. Both came into the classroom dripping wet, but fortunately for my friend and I our teacher was one of the few who didn't believe their innocent act, so she laughed about it. :lol: That playground monitor never did like us again though.

My second primary school was a strange place; they had bizarre rules like no sneezing in assembly otherwise you get sent out (like that's a punishment :rolleyes:), which is really unfortunate when you have allergies to everything, including the polish they used on the assembly hall floor. I don't remember actually seeing a full assembly... They also had an extremely strange approach to bullying. They claimed to have none in the school; they did, they just covered it up. As a consequence, they punished self-defence more because that someone had to defend themselves was evidence of a bullying problem (WTF?) So, in starting in late year three, someone bullied me. One day in about year five, she cornered me somewhere and tried to physically bully me. Well, there's only so much you take, and on this occasion, I pushed her. Not particularly hard, but she somehow was injured (I think she might have fallen down some stairs?), but not badly - her head wasn't smashed open or anything, it was more like a grazed knee or small cut on her arm. School went ****ing mental about that, I'm surprised I was allowed to stay there. :s-smilie: However, the time that someone tripped me over and caused cuts that required someone to pull gravel out with a pair of tweezers - that was just an accident. :rolleyes:

Secondary school was also very weird place, but not as strange as primary school, if only because no one noticed you as much. I've already discussed the allergy-inducing sweatshirt and the problems of having slightly strange coloured natural hair. They had the idea of litter duty - each class in rotation spent break time picking up the litter around the school. Well, I never dropped litter so I flat out refused to do it; that involved a long drawn out meeting with the HOY and my parents involved, but that backfired on them because my parents basically said, "Well, why should she do it when she doesn't drop litter?" :lol: For a while after that, the school in general took a dislike to me - they never did like people whose parents caused trouble, and boy did mine.

I was (and am) useless at swimming, in that I can't ... so when we had swimming in PE, I was just about able to get into the water (nearly drowning as a five year old FTW :rolleyes:), but couldn't do anything. One day in year eight, the PE teacher said to me, "Oh, why don't you just not bother coming!?" I have a tendency to take things literally, and at the time I thought she meant it, so instead of going to PE the next week, I went and did my homework in the library. More meetings with the HOY, head of PE and my parents, again at which they defended me and said, "What was she supposed to think? You told her not to go, she didn't go! It's not like she went and sat over the park, she was doing homework!" That ended with the teacher admitting that maybe she shouldn't have been sarcastic towards a student (:lol:) and, sadly, swimming lessons resuming.

Then we got a different HOY - the previous deputy HOY, so the deputy HOY changed as well. They realised I wasn't some evil kid trying to cause problems for them, and things went a lot smoother. :dontknow:

Swimming is very hard,I couldn't swim and my parents couldn't swim,yet after 4 years of teaching,I ended up being able to swim 25m and then the next year 100m.If you'd put the effort in,you could have done it.
Original post by Dalek1099
Swimming is very hard,I couldn't swim and my parents couldn't swim,yet after 4 years of teaching,I ended up being able to swim 25m and then the next year 100m.If you'd put the effort in,you could have done it.

Unfortunately, panicking, hyperventilating and fainting before and after getting in the pool prevented any amount of effort being putting in. :s-smilie:
Unfortunately, panicking, hyperventilating and fainting before and after getting in the pool prevented any amount of effort being putting in. :s-smilie:

Fainting?and as for the panicking-that is controlled by you and YES I was very scared when going in a pool but listen to your teacher.
Reply 328
i couldnt swim either.
Reply 329
i was moved down a set in English for being crap.
Reply 330
any more?
Reply 331
i pushed a lad over once and managed to convice teachers he was trying to attack me.
Reply 332
i got sent to the head teachers office in primary school for talking.
Reply 333
Original post by Rutter knows best!
suspended - bunsun burner, metal tongs incident.
suspended - fighting
suspended - verbally abusive to a teacher (repetative problem)
suspended - damaging a fire door
suspended - isolation - board of guvners - caught on trip to disneyland paris trip, with bag of weed.
anger management classes, numerous isolation and detentions for getting sent home, not turning up, getting caught smoking, slack attempt of a uniform general back chat etc etc

Lol "guvners" :rolleyes:
Original post by hbk4894
i was moved down a set in English for being crap.

Yes You'd be in trouble if you were my son/daughter and got moved down sets because this shows that you aren't working hard enough and it is so easy to be in all the top sets anyway.
Reply 335
lol, I got shouted at and humiliated in assembly by my teacher for wearing a white headband in the spring term. Apparently one can only wear those in summer :rolleyes: My school is so ****
Original post by R4INBOW
lol, I got shouted at and humiliated in assembly by my teacher for wearing a white headband in the spring term. Apparently one can only wear those in summer :rolleyes: My school is so ****

My school also allows a different uniform in the summer-I am so pleased I don't have to wear my tie till the Autumn
Reply 337
I got suspended once in year 7 for fighting. Although it was totally not my fault, the kid that I had the fight with was the one that came at me so i'd definitely class it as self-defense, i'll also add the fact he was wielding a chair!
I'm pretty sure I only got suspended (whilst he got nothing) because he was the one that ran off crying to the head of year, after I disarmed him of his chair, got the first punch in and managed to hold him down against a table until he stopped trying to hit me, before he even managed to even get his first hit in.

I never had another fight at school after that, whilst he was suspended many many times, until he was eventually expelled in year 9. I will always fondly remember the time somebody locked him in the English departments store cupboard, where he had to stay all lunch because the only way to open the door was with a pin number!

I did have my fair share of detentions, mostly due to not doing homework. But I also had a few for reasons that I can look back on now and laugh about, however serious they did make it out to be at the time!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by iamyourspiritfrombeyondth
Suspended because we got caught smoking weed.

Seems like they let you off lightly!!!!!
Reply 339
i have never been suspended.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending