The Student Room Group

CCEA AS physics

I am really struggling with this subject and need help fast. Does anyone have any tips for revision or websites that I can learn from? :confused:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
http://brightstorm.com/science/physics/

This site has some pretty good resources. Good luck with the exam.
Reply 2
Thank u so much. :biggrin:
Reply 3
Are you doing module 1 tomorrow too? Good luck!
Reply 4
Yep I just done it. Worst exam ever! Didn't even get it finished. How did u do?
Reply 5
Original post by Jessica-F
Yep I just done it. Worst exam ever! Didn't even get it finished. How did u do?

Disaster! I was thankful none of the experiments I didn't know came up.. but that first question put me off straight away, from then on it was a downward spiral of doom but it did get easier in the second half of the paper!

My summer's going to be ruined thinking about that exam as I really don't know how it went to be honest, Could have gotten a B or a D...
Reply 6
Same here I hate wen the first question is bad. R teacher said it was easy but none of us thought so. I don't even want to do Unit 2 on Monday now cos I'll still be worrying about today. I thought the electricity was alright but there was one of the questions I didn't get done cos I didn't have enough time. As for the plane thing I didn't have a clue what to do for the wind part.

I'm dropping it after this year. Can't wait!
Reply 7
I did this as well, definitely harder than usual but wasn't too bad.

If you didn't know your physical quantities at the start you were basically screwed for that whole first question :redface:
Reply 8
Hardest I've seen. I was quite confident going in cos I done the past papers about 5 times each nd new most of the book.

Wenever I got to the plane question I lost it. I suppose overall it wasn't too bad but I still done rubbish. :frown: Its too late now to worry about it so just hope Monday goes better.
Reply 9
Original post by CD315
I did this as well, definitely harder than usual but wasn't too bad.

If you didn't know your physical quantities at the start you were basically screwed for that whole first question :redface:

I had power wrote down but scored it out and changed it to Energy :L
I showed the full derivation for energy from acceleration --> force ---> work done (energy) but scored out my power=energy/time as I thought it was wrong.

You think they're gonna e.c.f my answer from part 1 provided I showed the derivation steps? That's 4 marks lost otherwise :frown:
Reply 10
Original post by xDanny 117
I showed the full derivation for energy from acceleration --> force ---> work done (energy) but scored out my power=energy/time as I thought it was wrong.

You think they're gonna e.c.f my answer from part 1 provided I showed the derivation steps? That's 4 marks lost otherwise :frown:

I'd say you could get the marks for part 2 if you got the correct base units for energy.
Reply 11
Original post by xDanny 117

You might possibly get a few marks for it. I thought them questions were just different, and getting the right power of 10 was the struggle. I think I got machine 2 with a magnitude of 3.38x10^13 or something.

The plane question; there was an identical one in the CCEA revision book if thats the one which yous are talking about. Should have prepared :tongue:
Reply 12
Thought I had prepared but obviously didn't do as much as I thought I did. I have no1 to blame but myself. Just hope I do better wen I repeat it.

Good luck with ur results. U seem to have done well. Hope u get th marks u deserve :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 13
Original post by Jessica-F
Hardest I've seen. I was quite confident going in cos I done the past papers about 5 times each nd new most of the book.

Wenever I got to the plane question I lost it. I suppose overall it wasn't too bad but I still done rubbish. :frown: Its too late now to worry about it so just hope Monday goes better.

I do further maths, and that's the only reason I could answer the question about the plane and the wind. That was a pretty nasty paper. Anyone who didn't do maths would have been utterly screwed. You can count on standardisation to save us all though.
Reply 14
Original post by cjd2k
I do further maths, and that's the only reason I could answer the question about the plane and the wind. That was a pretty nasty paper. Anyone who didn't do maths would have been utterly screwed. You can count on standardisation to save us all though.

Me too! M3 resultant velocity? Haha I'd say 100UMS will be in the high 60s for this one.
Reply 15
Original post by CD315
Me too! M3 resultant velocity? Haha I'd say 100UMS will be in the high 60s for this one.

God, I hate M3. Our teacher neglected to mention the fact it was an A2 module, and didn't teach us any A2 maths, so we have no clue on how to answer half the questions.

I think the 100% UMS could be even lower. I know for Module 2 in January (which I personally found pretty easy) it was around 68, and I would say this was a lot harder. Here's hoping at any rate.
Reply 16
Original post by cjd2k
God, I hate M3. Our teacher neglected to mention the fact it was an A2 module, and didn't teach us any A2 maths, so we have no clue on how to answer half the questions.

I think the 100% UMS could be even lower. I know for Module 2 in January (which I personally found pretty easy) it was around 68, and I would say this was a lot harder. Here's hoping at any rate.

68/75 for 100%? Thats pretty impressive haha. Hopefully ours are like that. What maths modules are you doing then?
Reply 17
Original post by cjd2k

That was a hard one, can you remember what you got for the wind one, I really want to know if I got it!
Was hard, think i did okay though.
Reply 18
Original post by dj tenten
That was a hard one, can you remember what you got for the wind one, I really want to know if I got it!
Was hard, think i did okay though.

I think the speed was 175 or 176, not entirely sure. The angle was 11.9 I think?
Reply 19
Original post by CD315
I think the speed was 175 or 176, not entirely sure. The angle was 11.9 I think?

Might you have those mixed up? I got the speed as 119 and the angle as 17.5. If so that's great news! I literally got my answer in the last 2min due to divine inspiration or something, far too stressful!

Quick Reply

Latest