The Student Room Group

What's everyone doing at college?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by mynameisntbobk
That's exactly what I'm doing aswell. That's so cool.

Oh cool haha. What do you want to do at Uni?
I'm doing French, Spanish, Drama and Theatre Studies and English Language and Literature :-)
I was going to do Sociology too, but it's not really my cup of tea :-)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 22
Maths, Further Maths, Biology, Geography and Music (+ General studies) for me :smile:
Reply 23
im doin Law, English Lit., Computing and also Business Studies.... have to see what grades i get first... but... i might change business or english lit.... might be too hard.....:frown:.... wot bout everyone else?.... wots everyone else studying.....
Reply 24
I'm studying History, Economics, Media and Maths. Does this seem like a good set of A-levels, I have no idea :/
Reply 25
How are people able to do more than one subject, im only doing IT
Original post by glelin96
I'm studying History, Economics, Media and Maths. Does this seem like a good set of A-levels, I have no idea :/

Yes they are very respected subjects by what I've heard. I've picked exactly the same minus media though loool !

English Lit, Law, History and Classical Civilisation.
No maths or science in sight thank God. Couldn't handle any more of those devil subjects.
english lit, ancient history, history and french :smile:
Reply 29
Chemistry, Economics, Biology, English, Japanese, Maths

Reply 30
Biology, Chemistry, Economics and Maths
Chemistry biology and math for sure.

But I'm stuck on whether to take physics or English lit as my fourth. I'm not sure I'll be able to handle English lit at A level as though im not bad at it I find it boring already. Whereas with physics I find it really interesting but I'm worse at it than eng lit.

Any help on which I should take? :smile:

Reply 32
Original post by ChloeBazingaa

But I'm stuck on whether to take physics or English lit as my fourth. I'm not sure I'll be able to handle English lit at A level as though im not bad at it I find it boring already. Whereas with physics I find it really interesting but I'm worse at it than eng lit.

I was on the same boat. Whatever you find more interesting will always be the better choice, since you will be more motivated to study the subject and doing better on it.
Maths, History, English Lit, Christian Theology.

With the latter, I'm not entirely sure what my (Catholic) sixth form are calling it, but it's Philosophy! Future PPE hopeful! :smile:
Art and Design (or Fine Art, I guess my teachers will decide which my work falls under - Fine Art hopefully), ICT, Physics and English Language.
Definitely dropping Physics though, so I'll have an AS in it. If I pass, that is :rolleyes:
And I want to stay on at my college and do an Art Foundation course, and then do a Fine Art degree. :smile:
Original post by RyanTheRed
Maths, History, English Lit, Christian Theology.

With the latter, I'm not entirely sure what my (Catholic) sixth form are calling it, but it's Philosophy! Future PPE hopeful! :smile:

They're similar to my choices! :tongue:

Maths, History, English Lit and Economics.

View to read either Law or PPE at unviersity! :biggrin:
Original post by ChloeBazingaa

Physics will definitely go hand in hand with Maths, it is a lot more Maths based at A Level than GCSE, which I wasn't entirely prepared for. :redface:
I'm struggling in Physics purely because I'm not great at Maths at all, but I'm sure as long as you're alright with Maths and you're willing to put the work in you'll be fine. :smile:
Original post by thisisjokes
They're similar to my choices! :tongue:

Maths, History, English Lit and Economics.

View to read either Law or PPE at unviersity! :biggrin:

My school doesn't offer Economics, otherwise I'm pretty sure we'd have totally matching choices. :biggrin: :tongue:
Original post by RyanTheRed
My school doesn't offer Economics, otherwise I'm pretty sure we'd have totally matching choices. :biggrin: :tongue:

Yeah my school didn't offer it either but I decided I wanted a change anyway; going somewhere new for sixth form :tongue:
Original post by thisisjokes
Yeah my school didn't offer it either but I decided I wanted a change anyway; going somewhere new for sixth form :tongue:

I seriously considered moving but most of my friends (so, distractions) are at other schools and I know the teachers I have will get the best out of me. So I just stayed. :tongue:

Quick Reply