The Student Room Group

NHS Graduate Management Training Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
well so far it has all been online, personality and psychometric testing, numerical and verbal reasoning. Then there is an interview and assessment centre if you get thru the online stuff.
I'm not hoping for anything at all. My test was a disaster. Didn't finish and pretty sure I got them more or less all wrong. My maths skills are horrific. Its going to be my downfall in life.
Reply 22
amk
OP
^ haha same here!

I haven't heard anything yet.
Reply 23
Original post by G&#949
What kind of tests were involved in this scheme..? Were they online based or assessment centre based..?

The site HERE will tell you all you need to know.

1. Online application form and competency questionnaire
2. Online verbal, numerical, situational and motivational tests.
3. Interviews at a regional centre with two NHS managers (mid-late Jan).
4. Leadership Retreat in Warwick (early March).
5. Offers by late March.
Reply 24
We'll hear tomorrow or friday, so at least not too much longer to wait now :redface:)
Cheers for that Oxfordruse! Much appreciated and +repped!

Good luck to all those awaiting results and all!! :smile:
Also waiting to hear. When I did the tests I thought they went abysmally, so maybe they are intentionally hard. I'm hoping that as I've already passed the Civil Service Fast Stream ones, I got through these too. I would be surprised if NHS is harder to get into than CS, but who knows! Good luck to everyone else waiting - didn't realise results would be out tomorrow, that's scary!
Reply 27
Anyone heard anything yet?
Reply 28
nope, not yet
Reply 29
It's killing me!
Reply 30
i guess it will be tomorrow now...thata annoying, i checked my emails about 60 times today!!!!
Reply 31
Lol!! If none of us have heard I guess it must be tomorrow!
Reply 32
or we all just didnt get thru :P do you think that they will let us know even if we have eben unsucessful?
Reply 33
If you look ok the website it says that successful applicants will be contacted on 11th and 12th, so to me that sounds like they don't contact if you're unsuccessful. Would be nice if some people on here got through!!
It says on the email "we shall contact you about the outcome of your application shortly after the closing date" so i guess that means they tell you eithier way
Reply 35
amk
OP
well I didn't hear anything today...
Reply 36
Just called the scheme's helpline to ask for an ETA on the results. I was told "after December 8" then the person realized it was now December 12 and said he expected the results to come out shortly in that case.

For those worrying about delays meaning you've not been successful - don't. I got confirmation from him that everyone, whether they are successful or not, will hear at exactly the same time.

Edit: If anyone wants to try their luck with the same number I called, it's 0845 300 1426.
Reply 37
thanks!
Reply 38
Kahani_Moon
Also waiting to hear. When I did the tests I thought they went abysmally, so maybe they are intentionally hard. I'm hoping that as I've already passed the Civil Service Fast Stream ones, I got through these too. I would be surprised if NHS is harder to get into than CS, but who knows! Good luck to everyone else waiting - didn't realise results would be out tomorrow, that's scary!

Agh! I'm in exactly the same situation re. the Fast Stream. Got through to the e-tray (mine's on January 14) and, admittedly, I had absolutely no expectation at all that the NHS numerical test would be harder than that one was!

Fast Stream is insanely competitive, and even more so this year. Over in the Fast Stream thread, someone posted a link saying that applications this year have almost doubled from the 2006 figures - damn that credit crunch.

As far as the NHS scheme goes, a colleague who's involved with the assessment this year told me that there have been 5,000 more applications in 2008 than there were in 2007.
Reply 39
Just called up- we should either already have an email form them or will receive one by the end of the day. :redface:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending