The Student Room Group

Student Finance Status: To Be Completed - Help!!!

Hey.

So I applied for stufent finance. Because I live outside of UK, I had to send in a paper application. They sent me back a letter with login details, so now I have an online account.

Under status, it says: "To be completed".

When will the status change? When can I expect an answer? Will I be informed via email that my status has updated?

Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
It always says that with a paper application. It seems to take them quite a while to upload all your info onto the system.

I had to send the paper form too and mine took 2-3 weeks before it finally stopped saying 'to be completed'; not sure how long exactly though because I checked it, left it a week while I was moving house and checked it again and everything had been approved (but then it might take longer if you do it means tested).
Reply 2
heidigirl
It always says that with a paper application. It seems to take them quite a while to upload all your info onto the system.

I had to send the paper form too and mine took 2-3 weeks before it finally stopped saying 'to be completed'; not sure how long exactly though because I checked it, left it a week while I was moving house and checked it again and everything had been approved (but then it might take longer if you do it means tested).

Thanks.

So when the "to be completed" goes, do you get an offer? How are you alerted when you get an offer?
Original post by ferdi.g
Hey.

So I applied for stufent finance. Because I live outside of UK, I had to send in a paper application. They sent me back a letter with login details, so now I have an online account.

Under status, it says: "To be completed".

When will the status change? When can I expect an answer? Will I be informed via email that my status has updated?

Thanks in advance.

I'm in exactly the same situation. It says 'To be completed' but I've only had an online account for a few minutes now. Am I required to present any bank details to SLC?
Reply 4
Original post by bethnal_green
I'm in exactly the same situation. It says 'To be completed' but I've only had an online account for a few minutes now. Am I required to present any bank details to SLC?

Only bank details you have to give them AFAIK is your bank account ( or else they cant give you the money :tongue: )
Then again if you have only applied for the tuition loan I dont think its necessary as the money goes straight to the uni not to you
Original post by Richy19
Only bank details you have to give them AFAIK is your bank account ( or else they cant give you the money :tongue: )
Then again if you have only applied for the tuition loan I dont think its necessary as the money goes straight to the uni not to you

Yes, I'm only applying for the tuition fee loan, since I haven't been living in the UK for the past 3 years. I'm an EU national.
Btw I've received a letter in the post stating that my application has been approved. But on the website my status is still 'To be completed'... should I be worried?
Thanks a lot for the reply :smile:
Reply 6
Yes, I'm only applying for the tuition fee loan, since I haven't been living in the UK for the past 3 years. I'm an EU national.
Btw I've received a letter in the post stating that my application has been approved. But on the website my status is still 'To be completed'... should I be worried?
Thanks a lot for the reply :smile:

Same for me. When is it going to change??
Original post by alice1709
Same for me. When is it going to change??

I think mine is still 'To be completed'...
It's probably becuase we don't have a National Insurance number yet...but i'm just guessing. Not sure.
A bit of an offtopic: Is it necessary to confirm or accept your offer again after it has changed from conditional to unconditional on UCAS?
Reply 8
I think mine is still 'To be completed'...
It's probably becuase we don't have a National Insurance number yet...but i'm just guessing. Not sure.
A bit of an offtopic: Is it necessary to confirm or accept your offer again after it has changed from conditional to unconditional on UCAS?

I don't think so. I got an email from the admission office saying they had accepted me and then track updated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending