The Student Room Group

2012 Uni Applicants for Photography

Scroll to see replies

Original post by procrastination...
Heard from Brighton today, they want me to create a flickr account with 5-10 images. So that shouldn't be tooo difficult. (I hope) :tongue:

same - they've taken ages to do anything .
So, I sent my flickr adress to Falmouth :wink: I've hope they will enjoy it :wink:
Reply 122
Original post by rayray12310
were you invited to interview at lcc by letter or email?
i don't think i'll get one as i haven't done a foundation but still kind of hoping.

I just got a status update on UCAS from LCC, no email or letter...

Good luck anyway mate, but i think you should do a foundation!

L
got roehampton and um.. west london.. and um.. south bank.
Reply 124
Original post by damianpoland
So, I sent my flickr adress to Falmouth :wink: I've hope they will enjoy it :wink:

good luck!i sent my flickr to Falmouth too:smile:
Original post by skafun
good luck!i sent my flickr to Falmouth too:smile:

I hope they will answer as soon as it is possible :wink:

What course are you applying for?
Reply 126
I hope they will answer as soon as it is possible :wink:

What course are you applying for?

Fashion photography.i think we are on the same boat here.haha
Original post by MarcusHoare1
same - they've taken ages to do anything .

With the tagging on Flickr, are you doing your surname, name and ucas id all as one tag or each seperately? The letter doesn't really make it clear!
Reply 128
Oh God, this waiting is driving me crazy!
Original post by louiegy
I just got a status update on UCAS from LCC, no email or letter...

Good luck anyway mate, but i think you should do a foundation!

L

thanks, im applying to glasgow because it's where i really want to go and i figured i might as welll choose 4 other places as well, but if i dnt get into glasgow im doing a foundation--it looks like so much fun.
Reply 130
With the tagging on Flickr, are you doing your surname, name and ucas id all as one tag or each seperately? The letter doesn't really make it clear!

Brighton sent me the same, that letter is so confusing! I think I'll do the tags separately - wbu?

P.s what the hell is a "plink" in the tagging bit?

Not really sure - might do them all together
Nice to see other people are applying for Edingburgh Napier too. i know GSA ja ECA are really popular and hard to get in but i don't really know anything about Napier. so any information anyone has is welcome :biggrin:!
by the way, have you heard anything from Napier yet? i only got Acknowledgement Letter but no portfolio request yet. GSA and ECA asks portfolios from everyone, right? last year i applied for schools in england and LCC didn't even ask a portfolio, just invited me straight for an interview.
I've applied for Photography and Film at Napier and they have neither asked me about the portfolio.
Reply 134
Hey guys... a question: the deadline for the miniportfolio at Glasgow school of art is the 27th but... do i have to upload my photos no later than 23:59 on the 27th or no later than 23.59 on the 26th?
i'm going crazy...
Reply 135
Just thought I'd ask if anyone has a interview at NUCA on the 9th feb?
coventry on the 22nd feb?
Or farnham UCA on the 7th of march?
Reply 136
Original post by dylansdream
by the way, have you heard anything from Napier yet? i only got Acknowledgement Letter but no portfolio request yet. GSA and ECA asks portfolios from everyone, right? last year i applied for schools in england and LCC didn't even ask a portfolio, just invited me straight for an interview.

I've applied for Photography and Film at Napier and they have neither asked me about the portfolio.

Yes, I've heard from Napier. First they'd asked me for all my qualifications scans and then two weeks ago they wrote "We would like to invite you to submit a portfolio of your work for further consideration". It was actually a lot of work (three assignments), but I managed to send it by post today. The deadline is 8 February.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by nyddolina
Hey guys... a question: the deadline for the miniportfolio at Glasgow school of art is the 27th but... do i have to upload my photos no later than 23:59 on the 27th or no later than 23.59 on the 26th?
i'm going crazy...

my email from GSA says anything sent after the 27th may not be accepted. so how i understad it is that i have whole friday time to send it in.

Original post by Senika
Yes, I've heard from Napier. First they'd asked me for all my qualifications scans and then two weeks ago they wrote "We would like to invite you to submit a portfolio of your work for further consideration". It was actually a lot of work (three assignments), but I managed to send it by post today. The deadline is 8 February.

i hadn't even sent my application two weeks ago (yes, i waited almost till the last minute...) so i guess there's still hope that i'll hear from them.
Reply 138
Original post by dylansdream
i hadn't even sent my application two weeks ago (yes, i waited almost till the last minute...) so i guess there's still hope that i'll hear from them.

Good luck :smile: Please remember that they have to get your physical portfolio before the deadline and it can take around a week to deliver if you're from abroad.
Original post by mcluvin
Brighton sent me the same, that letter is so confusing! I think I'll do the tags separately - wbu?

P.s what the hell is a "plink" in the tagging bit?

I've done the tags seperately at the moment. The plink bit was for the email subject I think. I think it's the flickr link, but I'm not entirely sure! They've made it so complicated!

Quick Reply