The Student Room Group

Psy-trance Raves...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by gypsyclimber
Well you never know :O

Only just rediscovered this thread by accident...then realised I'd started it. Am definitely considering Glade this year, plus I'm going to Nozstock which has a psytrance wood hosted by Tribe of Frog. Bring on the summer.

Go to Cosmo, too. :biggrin:
I went to one of these a few years ago at the West Indian Centre in Leeds, called Globulogic. Not my usual cup of tea, but was surprisingly fun! Not sure if that was the music or a combination of too many cans of red stripe though...
Original post by Atomik
Go to Cosmo, too. :biggrin:

Ergh I'd really like to, but sadly I can't as I've already got tickets for another festival that weekend! Life's tough...
Reply 63
Only 2 days to go until this:

Bring it onnnn!

Ergh I'd really like to, but sadly I can't as I've already got tickets for another festival that weekend! Life's tough...

Ahh, shame! At least you're replacing it with another fun event, eh. :smile:

The ToF section of Nozstock looks ace. Just a shame there's no dark psy there. >_<
Original post by Atomik
Only 2 days to go until this:

Bring it onnnn!

Ahh, shame! At least you're replacing it with another fun event, eh. :smile:

The ToF section of Nozstock looks ace. Just a shame there's no dark psy there. >_<

I know, that's the only thing that would improve it. But I promise you it's great - the whole setting is fantastic and it's a great bunch of people, and that music is great - a nice variety. You should definitely come along, early bird tickets are available now :biggrin: x
Reply 65
I know, that's the only thing that would improve it. But I promise you it's great - the whole setting is fantastic and it's a great bunch of people, and that music is great - a nice variety. You should definitely come along, early bird tickets are available now :biggrin: x

You into dark psy as well? :biggrin:

Aye, I'd like to go at some point but I already have a few "pipe dream" festivals lined up. Being the skint person that I am, I'm gonna have to prioritise with festies, innit. :smile:
Original post by Atomik
You into dark psy as well? :biggrin:

Aye, I'd like to go at some point but I already have a few "pipe dream" festivals lined up. Being the skint person that I am, I'm gonna have to prioritise with festies, innit. :smile:

Ahh yeah I feel that - I save up all year for the festivals, it's always worth it though. And Nozstock is my number 1 priority! Such a hazy weekend. And I am indeed into dark psy, it's by far my favourite. What other festivals have you got lined up then?
Reply 67
Ahh yeah I feel that - I save up all year for the festivals, it's always worth it though. And Nozstock is my number 1 priority! Such a hazy weekend. And I am indeed into dark psy, it's by far my favourite. What other festivals have you got lined up then?

Heheh, innit. I should save up all year round for festival season but I'm currently very skint. May have a proofreading job lined up, so that would definitely help with teh festi fundingz! I also go to a fair amount of psy parties, too, to keep connected with the scene and hear artists (like Kindzadza tomorrow!) I dig. :smile:

Currently I have Cosmo planned as well as Psycrowdelica (based in Germany - pretty much the ultimate dark psy festi... check out vids on YouTube), but I'd also love to go to Fullmoon Freqs of Nature (another German festival - amazing forest psy lineup!) and Noise Poison in Slovakia.

I'm really considering the Noise Poison one, actually. Such a phat label, plus there are gonna be some mad 3D hologram projections -
- how amazing does that look?! Blows my mind!

What festies are you planning on in total? :smile:
Reply 68
I dont listen to much Psytance outside the festival scene and if i do im more likely to listen to Shpongle than say Sensient. i mainly love going to Psytrance festivals because of the people who go to them!! theres no pretention or attitude. Everyone is full of love and compassion for one another. You can dance how you want and dress how you want. Anything goes!! there is no festival scene like it. Shame there isnt more Festivals in the UK but hey i 'will' and 'have' travelled the world for a good party :wink:)

See you at Cosmo Atomik :smile:)

Peace.
Original post by Atomik
Heheh, innit. I should save up all year round for festival season but I'm currently very skint. May have a proofreading job lined up, so that would definitely help with teh festi fundingz! I also go to a fair amount of psy parties, too, to keep connected with the scene and hear artists (like Kindzadza tomorrow!) I dig. :smile:

Currently I have Cosmo planned as well as Psycrowdelica (based in Germany - pretty much the ultimate dark psy festi... check out vids on YouTube), but I'd also love to go to Fullmoon Freqs of Nature (another German festival - amazing forest psy lineup!) and Noise Poison in Slovakia.

I'm really considering the Noise Poison one, actually. Such a phat label, plus there are gonna be some mad 3D hologram projections -
- how amazing does that look?! Blows my mind!

What festies are you planning on in total? :smile:

Yep psyparties are where it's at.... however I hardly get to go to ANY, because I live in the countryside near Birmingham, and the psy scene is almost bone dry, plus I have hardly any friends locally who have any interest in Psy, so I don't get to indulge myself very often at all. Same goes for all the festivals - I have no one to go with and I'm not travelling all the way on my own. You're so lucky! However I do have Nozstock booked for sure, as well as a little folk/balkan/alternative thing possibly, and there's a couple of little strange festies I'm keeping my eyes peeled for...

That festival looks flippin awesome. Got me in the mood to groove already, it's far too early for this kind of behaviour!
Reply 70
[QUOTE=Atomik; innit. :)

Hey atomik, Kindzadza tonight!!!!:biggrin::biggrin: Cant wait.. Already getting goosebumps:smile:

Can i get the number for the location, Generally i go to camden town and this one kind person who owns the psy coffee shop gives us the brochures and numbers but i live to far away to go right now.. If you could me the number it would be great. Thanks
Reply 71
Well you never know :O

Only just rediscovered this thread by accident...then realised I'd started it. Am definitely considering Glade this year, plus I'm going to Nozstock which has a psytrance wood hosted by Tribe of Frog. Bring on the summer.

Nozstock is going to be amazing this year! Have you checked out their latest line up list? As well as the psytrance wood, there's going to be some good old-fashioned guitar-strumming and drum-bashing. My name's Denise and I'm working on behalf of Nozstock, so if you have any questions regarding psytrance wood hosted by Tribe of Frog or anything else I can be of help.
Original post by nozfan
Nozstock is going to be amazing this year! Have you checked out their latest line up list? As well as the psytrance wood, there's going to be some good old-fashioned guitar-strumming and drum-bashing. My name's Denise and I'm working on behalf of Nozstock, so if you have any questions regarding psytrance wood hosted by Tribe of Frog or anything else I can be of help.

Well in that case, can I take the time to tell you just how much I loved Nozstock last year! Me and my family of wierdos had a fantastic time - there was something for everyone - in fact we didn't really see eachother all weekend! The line up looks fab - I can't wait to go again.
Reply 73
Huzzah - flights are booked for Freqs of Nature in Germany! :biggrin: The lineup (particularly on the Forest Floor) is so dayumn good!

Cosmo Festival is only in 3 weeks as well. Oh yeahhhh. :smile:
Reply 74
Might have asked before, but anyone going to Glade Festival? Me and some mates are going. So excited! The only other British Festivals I've been to (I'm from South Africa) are Reading Festival (twice...fml never again) and Latitude (kind of cool actually).
Reply 75
Cosmo Festival in four days. Huzzzzzaaaahhhhh! \o/
Reply 76
fullmoon-festival-presents-freqs-of-nature-near-berlin-germany-474-2.jpg

Massive YES!!!!
Original post by Atomik
fullmoon-festival-presents-freqs-of-nature-near-berlin-germany-474-2.jpg

Massive YES!!!!

Massive amount of jealousy :'( Are you going to venture to the shady depths of Nozstock this year?

P.s. For any midlanders, In Birmingham they have occasional psy-parties at PST in Digbeth called Kanyini. We finally have some local parties! So much joy.
Reply 78
Massive amount of jealousy :'( Are you going to venture to the shady depths of Nozstock this year?

P.s. For any midlanders, In Birmingham they have occasional psy-parties at PST in Digbeth called Kanyini. We finally have some local parties! So much joy.

I think I'm gonna be pretty skint from my trip(s) to (and in :wink: ) Germany to afford it, tbh. Looks lovely, but the general lack of dark psy keeps me away. Sometimes it's a bitch having such picky tastes in music, hehe.

If by some stroke of luck I manage to make ****-loads of money before the end of July, I'll roll along (and set up a renegade stage playing tunes from Noise Poison Records and Parvati Records, respectively). :wink:
Reply 79

Nozstock is REALLY going to be a lot of fun! With just over a month to go all roads lead to Herefordshire. Who are you excited about seeing the most?

Quick Reply

Latest