The Student Room Group

Ernst and Young Work Experience Year 12

Hi
I am currently filling out an application for work experience at Ernst and Young , and one of the questions is ' do you seek out challenges to stretch yourself' I just wanted to know would it be suitable to write about living in an area where it is not encouraged to aim high but doing so anyway as a form of a challenge?
Also I'm struggling to write enough for 'why can people rely on you' any ideas?
Thank youuu x
Reply 1
Original post by lolazee

I'd say that wouldn't be suitable if I'm perfectly honest. Lot's of people come from bad areas, it just doesn't seem to be very specific or tell them much about you. How does this set you apart from anyone else who comes from a similar area?

Instead when answering the question 'do you seek out challenges to stretch yourself' I would look to talk about any time you've gone above and beyond the minimum. So for example, have you been involved in any clubs at school? Have you done any challenging work experience? Have you ever gone out of your comfort zone to improve yourself? An example could be identifying a weakness and then seeking further training, so if you were say bad at presenting and undertook a course then presented to a group of people that would be a good example. They probably won't expect fantastic stuff at your level (as you haven't had the years to gain experience like say a graduate), but it will have to be good enough to set you apart and make you stand out.

Why can people rely on you is simple in theory, if you have good examples. Talk about times when you've come through for people. So for example group projects where you've played a key role, helping others to develop and improve, work experiences (e.g. if you've got a perfect attendance record at work then mention it) etc. Pad it all out with a bit of the usual blurb - 'I'm a very contentious individual and have always taken pride in performing my work to an excellent standard...' and so on.

Hope this helps and good luck with the application :smile:
Reply 2
Thank you so much! :biggrin:D
Reply 3
Original post by lolazee
Thank you so much! :biggrin:D

No problem. Best of luck with you application.

If you do have any further questions let me know, but remember to quote me (bottom right) so that I get a notification or I'll never see it! :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by lolazee
Hi
I am currently filling out an application for work experience at Ernst and Young , and one of the questions is ' do you seek out challenges to stretch yourself' I just wanted to know would it be suitable to write about living in an area where it is not encouraged to aim high but doing so anyway as a form of a challenge?
Also I'm struggling to write enough for 'why can people rely on you' any ideas?
Thank youuu x

Hi :smile:

How do you apply for work experience at Ernst and Young? I've checked the website and all I can see is a insight day... from last February.
Reply 5
Original post by Stanners95
Hi :smile:

How do you apply for work experience at Ernst and Young? I've checked the website and all I can see is a insight day... from last February.

hey :smile: my school got in touch with me about this opportunity, but yeah they mainly only offer work experience for those at a university level, perhaps this was something special.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending