The Student Room Group

Accommodation at base hospitals

How does accommodation work in the clinical years? I know there's accommodation at the teaching hospital near me (Preston). Is this where students stay? Also if you do live at the hospital how much does it usually cost in comparison to university accommodation?
Reply 1
Original post by Hippokrates
How does accommodation work in the clinical years? I know there's accommodation at the teaching hospital near me (Preston). Is this where students stay? Also if you do live at the hospital how much does it usually cost in comparison to university accommodation?

People only tend to live in hospital accommodation when they are sent away on placements to DGHs. I don't know of anyone who lived in hospital accommodation at their base hospital. Manchester students who are sent to Preston for clinicals tend to live together in private accommodation.

University accommodation, i.e. halls, is usually only used by first year students.
Reply 2
Original post by theatrical
People only tend to live in hospital accommodation when they are sent away on placements to DGHs. I don't know of anyone who lived in hospital accommodation at their base hospital. Manchester students who are sent to Preston for clinicals tend to live together in private accommodation.

University accommodation, i.e. halls, is usually only used by first year students.

That makes sense thank you. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Hippokrates

We got accommodation, for free, if the DGH was a certain commuting distance away from our base hospital, the Royal London. It is possible to solely live in this accommodation as I did in my fifth year, but most people only get one or two outfirms per year so still keep a place in their home city for the whole year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending