The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

WTFFFFF i thought it was 4000 words!!!! blimey i thought it was long- ive written 2000 so far!!! argghhh now i have to chop it all!
scraceus999
WTFFFFF i thought it was 4000 words!!!! blimey i thought it was long- ive written 2000 so far!!! argghhh now i have to chop it all!

:rofl:

It's 4000 characters with spaces OR 47 lines (each line being 93 chars)

Which ever is LOWER :yep:
Reply 3
scraceus999

OOOpps.....

Mine is 47 lines and 3969 characters so im alright.... :p:
Reply 4
scraceus999

I'm so sorry but...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
well all i have to do is make it more concise i suppose- it shows I have a lot to give if i can waffle on about me and my achievements for that long hahahaha!!!

mmm maybe i will just ask my english lecturer to highlight all the relevant and good and to cross out the bad.
Reply 6
Haha, omg i remeber doing this.....

And it doesn't cut it off, it just doesn't let you submitt it till it fits!
Reply 7
scraceus999
well all i have to do is make it more concise i suppose- it shows I have a lot to give if i can waffle on about me and my achievements for that long hahahaha!!!

mmm maybe i will just ask my english lecturer to highlight all the relevant and good and to cross out the bad.

Are English teacher dose that for all the early entry candidates. :yep:
She says My ps will have to be amazing aswell, so She'll do mine for me. :woo:
Alisa25
What if you exceed the 4000 character limit? Will they cut it off or smthng? :confused:

It'll say ERROR: STATEMENT TOO AWESOME TO COMPUTE.

There is also a line limit of 47 lines - do we use that or the character limit

They use the one you reach first.

Bloody ucas..... :p:

Yes.

scraceus999

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Absolute lolz. Cheer up, have some rep.
DrDomDom
2000 words is like 4 pages handwritten...are you serious?!

perfectly :frown:
Sports Racer
It'll say ERROR: STATEMENT TOO AWESOME TO COMPUTE.

Whichever's lower.

Yes.

Absolute lolz. Cheer up, have some rep.

thats very nice of you :biggrin:
SarahhhD
Are English teacher dose that for all the early entry candidates. :yep:
She says My ps will have to be amazing aswell, so She'll do mine for me. :woo:

well luckily I have three English lecturers, one of whom is my tutor, so I guess that will help me a lot!!

i wish i could persuade someone to write mine.... maybe i will offer my tutor money for it- hes 22 and sooo slack but very clever and cool!
You are more likely to hit the line limit, rather than the character limit to be honest.
If you go past that, you literally won't be able to submit anything longer into the box so you will definately know about it.

Its best to just to write what you have to say, and then draft and redraft a few times using teachers help. This ensures you use the space for all the best things you need to write.
Remember teachers will write predicted grades etc in the reference and may be able to talk about your extra curricular things too if you run out of space.

Keep in mind that TSR has an excellent PS service, where you can submit your draft and get it checked by a University student who will give you advice on how to improve it etc.
scraceus999

:rofl:

It's quite good though, because when you chop it, you cut out all the waffle :smile:
Reply 14
Finally managed to get mine to fit just now, I did a wee dance of joy.

One of my mates is screwed though, she has chronic verbal diarrhoea. It would take her a page just to say what colour the sky was.
SarahhhD
Are English teacher...

Um. Yeah.

Edit: Since I'm here, I had a line spare on my statement, and paragraphed with blank lines. Concise is good, IMO.
BurningSnowman
Concise is good, IMO.

Absolutely. And you'll be lucky to use more than 3,500 characters within the 47 line limit.
Reply 17
Mine was about 2000 characters. Just because you have the space doesn't mean you have to use it! If you're going to ramble on, then it's better to get straight to the point and be on the short side, just so you keep the person reading it more enticed.
Reply 18
Quick question. Can it be under 4000 characters and be over 47 lines?
Reply 19
yodro
Quick question. Can it be under 4000 characters and be over 47 lines?

Nope - whichever comes first (47 lines or 4000 characters) is the limit :smile:

Joe

Latest

Trending

Trending