The Student Room Group

Birth Certificate Reference number

My boyfriend needs to supply his birth certificate for his student finance, along with a form he has to fill in.

It asks for 'Birth Certificate Reference Number' and we don't know where to find this :/

There is a number at the top of the certificate that says
BU then a six digit number, and we think it's this number, but knowing how picky student finance is we don't want to get it wrong.

Any help is much appreciated, this is driving us crazy!
Reply 1
Is it not the letters and number in the bottom left hand corner? :dontknow:

If you just want to be sure, phone up student finance. :yy:
Reply 2
No numbers in the bottom left at all.
And think I may have to tomorrow, was just hoping someone might know to save the phone money and time on hold.
Reply 3
kpwxx
My boyfriend needs to supply his birth certificate for his student finance, along with a form he has to fill in.

It asks for 'Birth Certificate Reference Number' and we don't know where to find this :/

BU then a six digit number, and we think it's this number, but knowing how picky student finance is we don't want to get it wrong.

Any help is much appreciated, this is driving us crazy!

The reference number is on the long birth certificat, in the lower left hand corner. Its much more then just a reference number, Its actually an account number created at birth.
You need to order the full length certificate. I will only post this once as this is an obscure chat forum and I won't ever post again.

The reference number is actually an mutual fund number, the number on the back of a Social security number is the actual account. The reason they need the account or reference number is to know the mutual fund number to debted against. This is unclaimed money created at birth through this account. My account is over 30 million USD and everyone with a birth certificate has this account.

I won't go into how this happened, or why, but trust me, the minimum ammount is 7 million USD. How you confirm this is access a mutal fund look up, type in the reference number, and the account number is the number on the back of the SS card in the bottom right hand ccorner. You might be surprise what you will find. It cost you nothing to check it out as you need the long form anyway. Best of luck
[QUOTE="kpwxx;17937103"]My boyfriend needs to supply his birth certificate for his student finance, along with a form he has to fill in.

Any help is much appreciated, this is driving us crazy![/QUOTE

On my birth certificate, there is no number at the bottom left, it's located at the bottom right..
It is the red inked letter/number combo...whatever that may be, my Ma works in the passport office and that's the detail she needs to make a note of in order to check if the birth certificate qualifies.

Hope this helps peeps! My mum is a hero lol so thank her!
Anyone find this out yet?
Reply 6
Original post by ____Dave____
Anyone find this out yet?

Don't bump old threads.

The reference number doesn't really matter, just use the AA000000 formatted number.
For sure. It's in the BOTTOM LEFT HAND CORNER. BXXX(numbers) stands for Birth, DXXX( numbers) stands for Death, and MXXX[6 numbers) stands for Marriage.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Sonia Santana
For sure. It's in the BOTTOM LEFT HAND CORNER. BXXX(numbers) stands for Birth, DXXX( numbers) stands for Death, and MXXX[6 numbers) stands for Marriage.

I'm going to close this one now as it's very old. Please check thread dates before posting.

Latest

Trending

Trending