The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Anyone else firmed Sussex uni?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
goatshed
Ok i gave em a ring and basically, can't start with sorting out accomodation till early April they said, other than that, don't expect to get any confirmation or contact from them personally for a while :s

Thanks for getting back to me! Ah ok, good to know we haven't been forgotten, and not too long until we can apply for accommodation then. Apparently unconditionals are allocated first so we're likely to get our first choice, I'm still undecided but will probably go for Brighthelm. :biggrin:
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 21
Helen1991
Thanks for getting back to me! Ah ok, good to know we haven't been forgotten, and not too long until we can apply for accommodation then. Apparently unconditionals are allocated first so we're likely to get our first choice, I'm still undecided but will probably go for Brighthelm. :biggrin:

Ah nice, well i probs gonna go for eastslope, and i know its like usually ppls last choice so i should probs get it :smile:
I was thinking Brighthelm/Lewes court(ensuite)/lewes court(non ensuite)/East Slope.

Brighthelm top choice with east slope 4th, imagine the spare money you'll have by living in East Slope:smile:
Reply 23
yer i think i'd rather have the spare cash, also its probs most social place, which would be a change for me :P
Reply 24
goatshed
yer i think i'd rather have the spare cash, also its probs most social place, which would be a change for me :P

I was thinking this as well but for what extra you pay/what you gain Brighthelm seems to be a good option. I'll probably go for Brighthelm/East slope/something else as my top 3. How many choices do you get when you apply?
Reply 25
i believe it's something like up to 4 or 5, as there is often a chance you will not get your top choice/choices. That's probably for conditional offers tho.
Reply 26
I firmed my unconditional offer for Computer Science (with foundation year), so I wont be choosing campus accommodation until some time next year :frown:
goatshed
Ah nice, well i probs gonna go for eastslope, and i know its like usually ppls last choice so i should probs get it :smile:

As far as I'm aware East Slope is fairly popular due to it being quite social and cheap. Well that's always been the case while I've been here.
Reply 28
mc_hamster
As far as I'm aware East Slope is fairly popular due to it being quite social and cheap. Well that's always been the case while I've been here.

I think it's the case where once you are there ppl realise it's not so bad, but when they are applying they are slightly worried about living in a crack house, as eastslope seems to have abad rep to outsiders :tongue:

Most other people i've talked to are putting Brighthelm and lewis court etc first, as they want more comfy living i think, but i could easily be wrong :smile:

- But thanx for reply, much appreciated, any knowledge i can gather before i go is always gd.
Reply 29
Firmed my place on Physics and Astronomy with a Foundation year :biggrin:
Don't really care where I stay :p:
Reply 30
Firmed Unconditional offer for History & Politics. Will go for either Swanborough/Brighthelm. Should get my first choice of accommodation as those with Unconditional offers get allocated first wooop.

I live pretty near to Brighton and its pretty much the place around here to go if you want to do anything - if anyone has any questions feel free to ask.
Reply 31
I just firmed Sussex Uni for Economics & International Development, starting 2011... I don't have any insurance choice and I SO hope to meet the conditions because I have this feeling that Sussex is the right Uni for me!

I'm so excited...

When can I choose my accommodation if I go on a gap year first?
Reply 32
Licara
I just firmed Sussex Uni for Economics & International Development, starting 2011... I don't have any insurance choice and I SO hope to meet the conditions because I have this feeling that Sussex is the right Uni for me!

I'm so excited...

When can I choose my accommodation if I go on a gap year first?

You'll choose your accommodation next year (April/May 2011) and you're pretty much guaranteed your first choice.
Reply 33
I firmed an unconditional offer for law from sussex. I am looking forward to coming to brighton, i am an intl student. i am not sure about my accomodation yet
Reply 34
I firmed Sussex for Geography BSC - conditional offer
I firmed sussex for media practice - BBB
and i applied for swansborough as accomadtion
Reply 36
I firmed for psychology (AAC) unconditional offer (on gap year so i already have the grades)..have already sent my housing application, with my top three being
1.brighthelm
2.Lewes court 1
3.Park houses
i am working full time atm so i don't have to slum it completely with where i live
would be happy with any one of those, and should get it as unconditionals allocated first yaaay :smile:
Conditional for psychology at sussex

AAB/A*BB

And East Slope first choice
Reply 38
I've made Sussex my Firm.

Unconditional offer to study social work and lewes court phase 1 is my first choice.
Reply 39
I got an ABB offer for Biology :biggrin: I'm thinking Brighthelm for my first choice...

Quick Reply