The Student Room Group

Is it possible to swap shifts when working at Primark?

Hiya

I work in the shoe and household department at Primark in Bury and I work 20 hours a week on the 7am-11am Mon-Fri shift. Now, on Friday, whilst doing overtime, me and another co-worker on the same department were chatting about our shifts (he works Monday-Friday 3pm-7pm) and we got talking and he asked me would I mind swapping shifts with him permanently as he would prefer the earlier shift (once the overtime period was over, which will be 30th July)?

Personally, I am a flexible lass and wouldn't mind swapping shifts (he said he wanted the earliest shift for personal reasons). Now, we both work at the new Bury store and therefore started at the same time and got our contracts at the same time and our contracts both are temporary (both expiring on 24th December with the very likely possibility of them becoming permanent)

Because we're on the same department, got very similiar contracts and both would be happy to swap with each other, would this be possible to do or would Primark be stubborn and say "No. You get what you're given"? If it is possible, how do we go about getting our shifts swapped?

Anyway, I'll shut up now :-) Any advice/help would be gratefully recieved :-)

Helen
xxxxx
Why don't you ask them?
Reply 2
ecco1983
Hiya

I work in the shoe and household department at Primark in Bury and I work 20 hours a week on the 7am-11am Mon-Fri shift. Now, on Friday, whilst doing overtime, me and another co-worker on the same department were chatting about our shifts (he works Monday-Friday 3pm-7pm) and we got talking and he asked me would I mind swapping shifts with him permanently as he would prefer the earlier shift (once the overtime period was over, which will be 30th July)?

Personally, I am a flexible lass and wouldn't mind swapping shifts (he said he wanted the earliest shift for personal reasons). Now, we both work at the new Bury store and therefore started at the same time and got our contracts at the same time and our contracts both are temporary (both expiring on 24th December with the very likely possibility of them becoming permanent)

Because we're on the same department, got very similiar contracts and both would be happy to swap with each other, would this be possible to do or would Primark be stubborn and say "No. You get what you're given"? If it is possible, how do we go about getting our shifts swapped?

Anyway, I'll shut up now :-) Any advice/help would be gratefully recieved :-)

Helen
xxxxx

You blates fancy him :sexface: ...(kidding :ahee:)
I'm pretty certain they'd swap this for you, excact same number of hours just at different points of the day so a pretty stragith forward swap. Unless they're majorly anal retentives. :p:
Reply 3
Why don't you ask them? And say what the boy has said to you etc. The worst they can say is no!
Reply 4
sauce
You fancy him :sexface: ...(kidding :ahee:)
I'm pretty certain they'd swap this for you, excact same number of hours just at different points of the day so a pretty stragith forward swap. Unless they're majorly anal retentives. :p:

I "blates" fancy him? Cheeky sod, you. I don't know why but when men are taken, I tend to fancy them less than when they are single (and he is definitely married) :-)
Reply 5
munch
Why don't you ask them? And say what the boy has said to you etc. The worst they can say is no!

Boy? I had to laugh at that because he is certainly no boy LOL I'm no good with ages but I would say he's about my age (26), give or take a few years :-) LOL

I know I can just ask but I wanted some advice from other Primark workers to see if it could be done and well, if they don't do that, then I know, right?
Reply 6
ecco1983
Boy? I had to laugh at that because he is certainly no boy LOL I'm no good with ages but I would say he's about my age (26), give or take a few years :-) LOL

I know I can just ask but I wanted some advice from other Primark workers to see if it could be done and well, if they don't do that, then I know, right?

Sorry :P:
Every store is going to be different anyway some might me more flexible than others and also depends how nice the mangers are aswell!
Lol, I also work at Primark Bury. I reckon they'd be ok with it, but I suggest you make up an extra important reason why you'd want to swap, i.e., childcare, care for a relative. Something important, so at least they dont think you're just being flakey.
Reply 8
Ask your boss. Might be a good start, eh?
Reply 9
ColonelMoore
Lol, I also work at Primark Bury. I reckon they'd be ok with it, but I suggest you make up an extra important reason why you'd want to swap, i.e., childcare, care for a relative. Something important, so at least they dont think you're just being flakey.

The thing is I have no commitments and I cannot just lie....the reason I want to swap is because he has commitments and would be more comfortable with the earlier shift.

So you work there as well? What are your hours? Have you working on this mad opening weekend? :-)
ecco1983
The thing is I have no commitments and I cannot just lie....the reason I want to swap is because he has commitments and would be more comfortable with the earlier shift.

So you work there as well? What are your hours? Have you working on this mad opening weekend? :-)

Yeah, I'm contracted to 8 hours, but ive been rota'd for 45 this week. Luckily I'm department staff so Ive been able to avoid the tills so far, but this weekend has still been ******* crazy.

Latest

Trending

Trending