The Student Room Group
It would be rather dull. The lack of music would be awful! Plus, I'm not sure how much university work I would get done, as a lot of my texts are online etc.

I could try it. But, I don't think I'll bother lol. :smile:
I could do it if my bike was working.

I'd just go out for a day long ride.
Original post by MHorman
Basically these students had to go without any technology for 24 hours...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-11604538

Quick video there.

How would you guys cope?

I'd end up terribly bored after about 5 minutes i reckon.
And then probably get really far ahead on all my uni work...

It's winter right now, so I'd feel really bored. If it was summer though, I wouldn't actually mind that much.
Haha, I think I could do with that! I need to do a lot of reading, but I'll never get anything done if I carry on procrastinating on TSR!
I've gone way longer than that without any technology, so no big deal to me.
Reply 6
Would probably just read for the day...or go out with friends.
Wouldn't be too bad, provided that I had petrol in my car.

Or would my car be considered technology?

Ah, anyway, I have a bike.
Reply 8
I've done it before like when i've been on holiday or something but i don't reckon that counts.

I'm thinking of doing it in the next week or so as an experiment. I will literally sign off at midnight one night and then as my phone is my alarm it would be used for that and then nothing else. I reckon it could be interesting and very good for the amount of work i get done. But it's the F1 from Korea this weekend so i can't do it then...
I do not see the big deal. It is only 24 hours. If it was a week, then yes, fair enough, but they're pathetic.
Reply 10
Not a big problem. Good chance to finish some of my books and relax!
Why has nobody yet suggested spending the day down the pub?
Reply 12
So long as I had no way to access the technology I wouldn't be tempted.
I'd probably be really bored unless I had something else to do all day.
Pretty sure a similar experiment was mentioned in my economics lecture this morning. Personally I think they're overreacting about 24 hours away - but any more than a few days would probably be pretty awkward for me.
I'd get loads of work done.
If I went without it for a week I could write both my dissertations. :sexface:
Reply 15
I agree, 24 hours is nothing.. I've spent weeks at a time without really using too much technology, I actually quite liked it.
Too much technocrack can make you feel a bit down
Reply 16
I might try no technology but my mobile phone for 2 days this half term to see if I get more productive things done.
It would be fine if I had good food and a good book.