The Student Room Group

Maths Edexcel grade

I got a grade and a number but not sure how well I have done. I got an A grade with 52 marks, anyway of converting to see how close I was?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Basically, check the grade boundaries.
Reply 2
Original post by Helghast
Basically, check the grade boundaries.

Yes but what does 52 correspond to on the grade boundaries. 52 certainlly wasn't an A grade, so how do I convert it.
Reply 3
Bump. Anyone?
Reply 4
52 is relevant to the grade tariff, 52 points is equivalent to an A, so you must have gotten over 119/200 for Edexcel Linear.
Reply 5
Original post by JOR2010
52 is relevant to the grade tariff, 52 points is equivalent to an A, so you must have gotten over 119/200 for Edexcel Linear.

I know that, but I want to know how many marks exactly.
52/60 I assume. So you were 2 marks away from an A*?
Reply 7
Original post by Ryan-Hetherington
52/60 I assume. So you were 2 marks away from an A*?

How do youn convert out of interest?
Reply 8

Original post by CF25
I know that, but I want to know how many marks exactly.

Well you'll have to wait until you get your certificate, I guess, or ask your teachers, they usually get the raw marks back.
I would like the answer to this too. My son got 52 also and as he is considering Maths A Level he would like to know what this equates to.
Reply 10
Bump.

So basically, edexcel maths and other exams going by the points system aren't going to allow us to remark with sense because we don't know how close we are to the grade above.
No one got their edexcel maths , english lang or lit marks/ums. The 52 you saw in the last column were points for school rankings. An A grade = 52 points.

Looking at the grade boundaries, and A in maths was a total of 118-165 for both papers.
Reply 12

Original post by CF25
Bump.

So basically, edexcel maths and other exams going by the points system aren't going to allow us to remark with sense because we don't know how close we are to the grade above.

I think you can ask your teachers about raw marks?
Reply 13
Original post by Boom533
No one got their edexcel maths , english lang or lit marks/ums. The 52 you saw in the last column were points for school rankings. An A grade = 52 points.

Looking at the grade boundaries, and A in maths was a total of 118-165 for both papers.

I know that, I know 52 points was an A grade and 58 marks was an A*.

It's just weird that they don't show us the raw marks as to further decide weather to remark the exam.
Yeah, well that's the stupid edexcel examiners!
Wierd - we got the raw marks and grade for each module and I used Edexcel too...did they give you the official statement of results, or was it a customised school one?? I guess you've got to ask a teacher or preferably, the exam officer of your school for any details.

The exam board only gives you the UMS for each unit, but it should be what you're looking for. For mine, the Results column either had a Final Grade for your whole GCSE, or a mark and a grade for each unit - for example, 080a*

Hope that helps, and good luck with any remark :biggrin:
Reply 16
Original post by CF25

It's just weird that they don't show us the raw marks as to further decide weather to remark the exam.

Is 58 the lowest mark for an A* ?
Original post by Dog4444

Everyone who got an A* got 58. It's not your personal mark.
Original post by Dog4444

58 = an A*

Original post by CF25

Basically, those points are for a league table or something...
It doesn't say you raw mark but gives you your UMS and overall grade. There's no way of finding out unless you contact your school.
Reply 19
Original post by Dog4444

I mean 58 points by the way, not marks.

Quick Reply

Latest