Original post by jhthed
Offer for MMORSE! :P

You must be joking.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by jhthed

How did you structure your personal statement??
Original post by jhthed

Can you tell me what your offer was?
Also, are you not required to go to an interview beforehand?
Reply 103
Original post by Sinx2010ghana

erm im applying for

MORSE-Warwick
Statistics and finance- LSE
financial mathematics- Lancaster
Maths with financial mathematics Manchester
Financial mathematics- Surrey

Talk about your interest in maths, and also about your interest in finance/economics. But focus more on maths. You could also mention non-maths extracurricular stuff you've done but keep that part fairly small compared to the rest of it.

Don't worry so much about statistics/operational research because the MORSE admissions people know that you're likely to be applying to other courses which don't have exactly the same combination of subjects.
Original post by jhthed

congrats!! im not sure why someone negged you for that but i plus repped you
Original post by ttoby
Talk about your interest in maths, and also about your interest in finance/economics. But focus more on maths. You could also mention non-maths extracurricular stuff you've done but keep that part fairly small compared to the rest of it.

Don't worry so much about statistics/operational research because the MORSE admissions people know that you're likely to be applying to other courses which don't have exactly the same combination of subjects.

Cheers, much appreciated!!!
Reply 106
A MORSE offer already? Let me just check track again...

Yup, nothing :frown:

Not even a maths offer. I'm starting to get the feeling Warwick hate me :cool:.
Do the Admissions people class predicted grades more important than the personal statement for MORSE??
Reply 108
Do the Admissions people class predicted grades more important than the personal statement for MORSE??

I'd imagine so.
Reply 109
Original post by jhthed

With no interview? Unless you are international, I'm going to call troll! (If you are international [or somehow managed to get a non-interview offer] - amazing, well done! I'm very jealous)..
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 110
How did you structure your personal statement??

mostly on economics since i'm applying to cambridge for that course. i had one paragraph on mathematics (further reading and some math models i'm fascinated with)

Original post by Jonesy_16_
Can you tell me what your offer was?
Also, are you not required to go to an interview beforehand?

Original post by joshgoldman
With no interview? Unless you are international, I'm going to call troll! (If you are international [or somehow managed to get a non-interview offer] - amazing, well done! I'm very jealous)..

no i'm not trolling. i'm international, so no interview. offer details : grade A* at A Level in Maths and AA at A Level in 2 further subjects including Further Maths OR grades A at A Level in Maths and AA at A-level in 2 further subjects and grade 2/Merit in STEP/Maths AEA.

wish you all the best :smile:
Reply 111
Original post by jhthed
mostly on economics since i'm applying to cambridge for that course. i had one paragraph on mathematics (further reading and some math models i'm fascinated with)

no i'm not trolling. i'm international, so no interview. offer details : grade A* at A Level in Maths and AA at A Level in 2 further subjects including Further Maths OR grades A at A Level in Maths and AA at A-level in 2 further subjects and grade 2/Merit in STEP/Maths AEA.

wish you all the best :smile:

Thats amazing mate, well done.
Reply 112
Is anyone else eagerly anticipating post EVERY SINGLE DAY?
Original post by Narev
I applied for both MORSE and Math as well, and received both offers.

That being said, it is entirely possible to switch between (M)Math and (M)MORSE in your first year (and perhaps second/third year, depending on the modules you take), so it would be wise to apply for one course only, and focus your personal statement appropriately :smile:

Oh really? That's good to know. I got my offer from Warwick yesterday but also was interested in MMORSE. I never applied for it though, just applied for Maths.
Reply 114
Original post by joshgoldman
Is anyone else eagerly anticipating post EVERY SINGLE DAY?

I think - dare I say it - you're probably obsessed with the MORSE course more than I am. But yes, I do. I also check my email everyday. Then I check track as well in hope I got an offer but failed to receive an email from UCAS (which I don't think has ever happened before). Then I check my email again.

Same routine about three times a day. What a depressing gap year I'm having.
Original post by mpc1
Congrats on your UCL offer. Is the condition AA meaning 2 grade condition?

Was there any interview/open day requirement or is the offer already on track?

Thanks.I already acheived A*for maths so the condition is A in further maths and A in either chemistry or economics.The offer is not on track yet,they said there is a bit of backlog.They already sent be the offer by mail but I have not received yet.

I did not have an interview since I am an international student.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by mpc1
If the offer is not on track yet , how do you know the offer conditions? If outside EU, I think post takes more than a week atleast.

The admission tutor emailed me directly to inform me with the conditions.
Reply 117
Original post by macbookair
I also applied for MMORSE.from what I heard,mmorse is not like maths which they give many offers and give offers very quickly.everybody has to wait a long time for mmorse offers.It ois not that easy to get a mmorse offer

Guess few have already got Mmorse offers .

Any idea if any international applicants got offers from warwick already?

Are you from the EU (doing A levels) or outside EU?
Reply 118
It's not easy to get a MMORSE offer because the course is demanding. I don't want to sound rude, but even if you have A*A*A* at A levels, you may still struggle in your first year.

Reason being - MMORSE covers most of the core Maths modules that Math students at Warwick take, core Statistics modules, as well as one Econs module in the first year.

So you'd need to be at least as good in Maths as those applying for straight MMath, plus have an aptitude for Statistics (quite a sizable amount of Math students already don't want to do Statistics at University after studying Probability B which is a first year module, because it's too abstract), as well as able to do Economics.

Hopefully, your teacher's recommendation and personal statement will show that, because there have been students who believe they are smart by getting top grades at A level, and perform badly, and drop out after the first year, wasting an entire year (while they could get decent grades at other Universities).
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 119
Original post by mpc1
Guess few have already got Mmorse offers .

Any idea if any international applicants got offers from warwick already?

Are you from the EU (doing A levels) or outside EU?

I think the only people that have offers for MMORSE are international applicants as UK students get interviews before they receive offers, which haven't started yet.

Quick Reply