The Student Room Group

Irish Soc

Scroll to see replies

Tomásíona - Mháire
:ditto: :five: thats true xoxo

As I said, it was a load of Englishmen that told me that! I didn't know anything else about Irish sayings or anything so I believed them.

Although after Googling it, I've found that the answer to "Top of the morning to you..." is supposedly "...and the rest of the day to yourself."
Reply 21
The Canadian
Although after Googling it, I've found that the answer to "Top of the morning to you..." is supposedly "...and the rest of the day to yourself."
I don't even get that saying. :confused:
Reply 22
hugatree
Yup and Sharon's pregnant too! :smile: Now all we need is a proposal from Shaun (sp?), although I don't think the men who fancy Andrea will agree with me. :biggrin:

I didn't know Sharon was pregnant :eek: Damn :frown: she was hot :p: LOL
Reply 23
e11even
I didn't know Sharon was pregnant :eek: Damn :frown: she was hot :p: LOL
LOL she's still a beauty!
Definitely. They are all still hot. Their music is better though in my opinion.
*listening to Joy of Life / Trout in a Bath*
Reply 25
hugatree
LOL she's still a beauty!

Oh, no I didn't mean to connote it that way! I meant, "Damn, now she has someone" LOL. ie. out of my league now :p:
lol I think this should be renamed to the corrs society :wink: :rolleyes: :p: xoxo
Reply 27
e11even
Oh, no I didn't mean to connote it that way! I meant, "Damn, now she has someone" LOL. ie. out of my league now :p:
I don't think she was a les anyway. :biggrin: Happily married for yeeears!

--------------

Tomásíona - Mháire
lol I think this should be renamed to the corrs society :wink: :rolleyes: :p: xoxo
Hehe. :biggrin: Feel free to talk about sth else or this will go on and one and it WILL be a Corrs society!

Anyone play the bodhran by any chance? I've yet to watch the tutorial dvd.
Reply 28
Sign me up! I'm half Irish, my dad is a born and bred Dubliner. Sadly he's lived in England for so long he's lost the accent though :frown:.

Cxx
Awww! I love the Irish accent. I could just melt listening to it! LOL!

Hmm, something to talk about other than The Corrs.....the beautiful scenery? Where are your fave places?
Reply 30
Me!!! Can I please join?? I was born in England but I'm a Dub all the way!!
My fave Corrs song is Runaway (yes I know it's not good that I have a list).
Yay Canadian go you, I'd make a Canadian soc but a)there's prob already one here somewhere and b) I dont actually know alot about Canada :confused:
I just spent new year's in Dublin, got back yesterday, was good!!
Hi to all the Irish peeps! (And everyone who is an honorary irishman/woman!)
Paddy
Oh, and by the way, here's a Corrs Soc, so to stop the Irish Soc turning into a Corrs fan meeting spot, I created it. And you can drool over them as much as you like in there

Mmmmm, Caroline :love: :biggrin:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=3896593
Reply 32
The Canadian
Awww! I love the Irish accent. I could just melt listening to it! LOL!

Hmm, something to talk about other than The Corrs.....the beautiful scenery? Where are your fave places?

Giants' Causeway, so cool!
Dublin all the way, tis the best darn city ever, OH Temple Bar!!
Hmmm I'm a bit over-excited now :biggrin:
Paddy
Reply 33
Belfast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

come on, belfast is the best city! i wouldnt leave it for the world

give me a one way ticket to America and im away :rolleyes:
Reply 34
mikeski
Belfast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

come on, belfast is the best city! i wouldnt leave it for the world!

give me a one way ticket to America and im away :rolleyes:
Aah, the Irish are still immigrating to the new world I see. :biggrin:
Reply 35
hugatree
Aah, the Irish are still immigrating to the new world I see. :biggrin:

:rofl:
I always used to want to live in the US when I was a kid, notsure now, although I am definitely hoping to work there for a year or two when older.
Sorry, Dublin is by far the best :wink:
Paddy
hugatree

Anyone play the bodhran by any chance? I've yet to watch the tutorial dvd.

I play the bodhran yeah what you want to know? xoxo
Reply 37
Tomásíona - Mháire
I play the bodhran yeah what you want to know? xoxo
Cool! :smile:
Well I haven't learned how to play it yet but when I hold the tipper like a pen and try to move it it keeps changing position, like it's not steady enough and I nearly drop it, so I was wondering if that's the right way to hold it. The booklet I got with it says so but it also says other weird things like pretend it's a clock and tap the 6 and the 9... I'm not sure on what side of the tipper I'm supposed to tap them with. :confused:
But like I said I've got the dvd tutorial now, just no time to watch it yet 'cos it's exams. :smile: Might get better when I use it though! When I have any problems with it I'll come and pester you. :wink:
hugatree
Cool! :smile:
Well I haven't learned how to play it yet but when I hold the tipper like a pen and try to move it it keeps changing position, like it's not steady enough and I nearly drop it, so I was wondering if that's the right way to hold it. The booklet I got with it says so but it also says other weird things like pretend it's a clock and tap the 6 and the 9... I'm not sure on what side of the tipper I'm supposed to tap them with. :confused:
But like I said I've got the dvd tutorial now, just no time to watch it yet 'cos it's exams. :smile: Might get better when I use it though! When I have any problems with it I'll come and pester you. :wink:

Your holding it right yeah - pretend its like a clock......:confused: now ya have me confused lol! yeah watch the DVD some DVD's are really good ya see we were taught when we were only knee height and i was made to play with my right hand even though im left handed :rolleyes: xoxo
Reply 39
Tomásíona - Mháire
Your holding it right yeah - pretend its like a clock......:confused: now ya have me confused lol! yeah watch the DVD some DVD's are really good ya see we were taught when we were only knee height and i was made to play with my right hand even though im left handed :rolleyes: xoxo
Lol yeah some silly technique the book said. :biggrin: No wonder I didn't get it, and it's only 3 pages! :rolleyes:

How were you taught? At school??

Quick Reply