The Student Room Group

Applying for Consulting internships in final year?

Hey there, I've left it late in gaining a internship for consulting for my penultimate year summer. I've read a few threads asked by people trying to get a final year IB internship - will I also be able to apply in my 3rd year by saying I wish to pursue a gap year and by informing them my plans for the year?
Cheers
i came here looking for information regarding this aswell. I heard you have to say something like your going to pursue a masters degree.

thats what they mean by penultimate, so you can get one in your final year.
Careful - they won't always accept this as a equivalent to it being your penultimate year of undergrad.

I believe summer internship applications should still be open for most consultancies however? Or at least some... or definitely at least one :wink:
Reply 3
Original post by crafty bison
Careful - they won't always accept this as a equivalent to it being your penultimate year of undergrad.

I believe summer internship applications should still be open for most consultancies however? Or at least some... or definitely at least one :wink:

And a second firm. Some more niche firms will also accept final year interns with a view to immediate hiring at the end of the internship.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by jamtime
And a second firm. Some more niche firms will also accept final year interns with a view to immediate hiring at the end of the internship.

such as?
Reply 5
Does anybody know of final year students who were successful with their application to a summer internship at a consultancy firm?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending