The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College London Freshers 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Sailingslipelick
Haha, that is so true. It would be lovely to just roll out of bed and then go to lectures! I am going to the open day with a friend, so we may see each other there!!! :woo:
My interview was on the 14th Nov, and i got my offer in about 3 weeks. (After I had developed a very strong case of KCL track refresh syndrome!)
I just wish a-levels were over, I cannot WAIT for university to start. :party:

Haha I am planning to go so hard on freshers. Gonna get very messy indeed!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Anyone who lives in London and is getting accommodation problems? :frown:

How does their private system work? :s-smilie:
Reply 42
Original post by <3 inbetweener D
Yeah, I just don't want to be like in limbo at the beginning of term when you kinda need to make friends... I don't really want to not be knowing that I have somewhere to live!
:frown: so depressing, I wanted an offer from them so bad and now I can't even firm it because of the accomodation!
What zone do you live in?

I live in Zone 5, what about you?

I'm going to firm it anyway! It's where I want to go the most :frown:

And if worse comes to the worse, I guess I could live at home... (but that is the worst case scenario haha!)
Original post by Olive12
I live in Zone 5, what about you?

I'm going to firm it anyway! It's where I want to go the most :frown:

And if worse comes to the worse, I guess I could live at home... (but that is the worst case scenario haha!)

Yeah I'm in zone 5 as well!
hahaha i refuse to live at home, i think i'm going to try and look into other options and see how that goes coz I would love to firm them
Reply 44
Original post by <3 inbetweener D
Yeah I'm in zone 5 as well!
hahaha i refuse to live at home, i think i'm going to try and look into other options and see how that goes coz I would love to firm them

haha definitely!

my mum keeps saying I should live at home but it wouldn't be the same!
Reply 45
Original post by Olive12
I have the same problem! I will probably have to privately rent :frown:

i live in zone 3 :frown: it'd be great to live at home cause it will take literally 10 minutes from getting up to sitting in the lecture theatre, but bad cause i wont meet people and cant stay out very late :frown:

im considering either private uni accomodation, or finding a flat with my friend who is also going to kings :tongue:

Original post by sdh12
Def Firming for Medicine (5yr)

Anyone else on the march post offer day? (med or other)

Original post by Sailingslipelick
Hey, i'm firming for medicine too!
Going on the 21st march post offer day!
Maybe i'll see you there, or if not in September! :ninjagirl:

im going to the march open day too :h:

was considering the april one but thats too close to the exams for my liking, and chemistry is gonna require a serious amount of work :tongue:
Original post by Olive12
haha definitely!

my mum keeps saying I should live at home but it wouldn't be the same!

yeah I think my mum would be over the moon if I said I was gonna live at home, but I'm really not up for it just because I think it will be harder to make friends, it will be expensive and take me a long time to commute, and it would be so difficult on nights out to sort out getting home or whatever!
Reply 47
Original post by erklam
Any questions? Happy to answer as a current student:smile:

do you know much about the european studies course ? e i basically want to improve my spanish but i'm not particularly interested in Spanish culture, i mean i wouldn't mind taking one or two classes about Spain's political history but I don't want a culture degree... and the website says so little
Reply 48
Original post by Olive12
I'm sure there are loads out there! What are you studying? :smile:

Adult Nursing BSc! You?
Original post by RoxYas
I am exactly the same! Same course as well :biggrin:

Yippee!!! Can't wait to meet you! :biggrin:
Reply 50
Original post by eh269
Adult Nursing BSc! You?

ahh that's great!

Law for me :smile: and I'm hoping to transfer to law and american law!
Reply 51
Accommodation 2012-
Does anyone know anything more about low priority accommodation? eg. Not being guaranteed if you’re inside the m25.
I'm literally *just* inside it in bucks, so commuting just isn’t going to happen.
Do they have a sliding scale or am I in the same boat as people living in london?
Reply 52
Midwifery for me at kings :smile: HOPEFULLY. Im attending the selection day next wednesday (18th) super excited! any other nurses/midwives? and where will you live because I want to find people who are in a similar boat to me with the long course and shift patterns, at the moment im looking at GD or SS. :smile:) xxx
Original post by sdh12
Accommodation 2012-
Does anyone know anything more about low priority accommodation? eg. Not being guaranteed if you’re inside the m25.
I'm literally *just* inside it in bucks, so commuting just isn’t going to happen.
Do they have a sliding scale or am I in the same boat as people living in london?

If you live inside the M25 it is unlikely you will get accommodation. I think I only know of one person who lived inside the M25 when applying for accommodation and got in and I know someone whose normal address is inside the M25 but she put down her gap year address which was outside the M25 and got accommodation. I also know of someone who lives quite far out but still within the M25 but didn't get accommodation. I think you probably have a higher chance since you are almost outside it but I'm pretty sure you will still only be considered in the second round of allocations and not the first (iirc). You should consider private accommodation if you do want to move out.
firming Kings sooon, for biomedical sciences :biggrin:

im pretty excited, can't wait for uni!
only thing is that i live within the M25 ring road so i'm low priority for accomodation - i REALLY want to live away from home though :frown:

hm, i haven't really considered private accomodation, is that a better option?
ah, what to do.. :confused:
Original post by SimpleGirl
firming Kings sooon, for biomedical sciences :biggrin:

im pretty excited, can't wait for uni!
only thing is that i live within the M25 ring road so i'm low priority for accomodation - i REALLY want to live away from home though :frown:

hm, i haven't really considered private accomodation, is that a better option?
ah, what to do.. :confused:

In the same boat with accommodation :frown:
Original post by theseeker
In the same boat with accommodation :frown:

i live about 45 minutes by train - my parents want me to commute daily, said it's the cheaper option too :frown:
how far away are you?
Original post by SimpleGirl
i live about 45 minutes by train - my parents want me to commute daily, said it's the cheaper option too :frown:
how far away are you?

Pretty near by :frown: Think I'm going to firm and just hope for the best.
Reply 58
Hiii! I probably will be firming King's for Medicine but I haven't heard from all my Unis so I shall see..

But I thought I might as well post on this thread anyway. XD
Reply 59
Gonna firm for BA Geog, anybody else? :smile:
Also, it says to book post-offer open days on the myApplication site; does this option come up when you've firmed it or...? I might be being stupid but I can't find anywhere to book it!

Quick Reply