The Student Room Group

London College of Fashion 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kateslatz
Ahhh I've applied for the Buying & Merchandising too! I'm not really too sure it could be a seperate interview or they might just interview you and then decide what you're better suited..thats what i know they've done with interviews before!

Good luck with your fashion management interview :smile:

yea i was hoping it would only be one interview since i don't particularly like interviews so the less the better haha!

thank you :smile: have you heard back for buying and merchandising? good luck!!
Reply 61
Original post by backbreathe
just got my interview for fashion management at lcf - feb 3rd at 9:30am. i also applied for the buying & merchandising fda, does anyone know if it'll be a separate interview for that or just one for both courses?

I'm also attending the interview on the 3rd, I applied for the international management as well and I guess they just evaluate you from your performence on the day? My biggest problem is what to wear, there's too many trends to decide from! I recently bought some shoes that are completely Gatsbian themed but seeing as they are around 4 inches high, the question is will I look like I'm trying too hard.
Reply 62
Hi, I'm Becky. I've applied for the Buying and Merchandising Foundation, and also the Promotion and Marketing Foundation. I've had my email that they've received my application.

I was just wondering if anyone is starting the Buying and Merchandising E-Learning course on the 20th? Wishing you all the best!

- Becky
Reply 63
Original post by Fashionlive
I bought my outfit yesterday!!!!!!

:biggrin: is your outfit more on the casual side, I might have to raid topshop during the week becoz I still dont know what to wear :s
Original post by EGB
I'm also attending the interview on the 3rd, I applied for the international management as well and I guess they just evaluate you from your performence on the day? My biggest problem is what to wear, there's too many trends to decide from! I recently bought some shoes that are completely Gatsbian themed but seeing as they are around 4 inches high, the question is will I look like I'm trying too hard.

i guess that would make sense! and i am completely clueless with what to wear as there's so much choice! i'm going to try and pick something to reflect my own personal style but it still makes it difficult! and i don't think you will! i'm planning on wearing wedges and i think high shoes are fine as long as you're comfortable in them and can walk in them for a good while :smile:
Original post by Elishastar
:biggrin: is your outfit more on the casual side, I might have to raid topshop during the week becoz I still dont know what to wear :s

I think it is quite formal tbh. Quite classic really, I bought the majority from Topshop. The only thing I am concerned about is someone else wearing the same!!
I'm still waiting for a response for the Fashion Journalism course. Eeeek. I can't stop checking my emails. Everywhere else I've applied to has given me an offer/interview... Sod's law that the only university that I really want to go to hasn't replied to me yet! :frown:
Reply 67
Photography applicants, have you heard anything? :smile:
Reply 68
Original post by clotheshorse
Hiya everyone,
I've applied to do Fashion Journalism. I really hope I at least get invited to the written test/interview day! I bet the competition is really tough, though. EEK. I've heard really mixed opinions of LCF. I went to the open day at Lime Grove and I thought the course sounded right up my street. However, as people above me have said, lots of people seem really snobby! Oh well, I'm not going to let other applicants put me off as I really, really want to be in London. It's my favourite place and I can't think of anything better than studying fashion journalism in one of the fashion capitals!

so true about the snobbery in the air, however when i visited noone visiting said hi or shared a nervous smile, i think the atmosphere was probably made by everyone's anxious silence; what did you think of the course though?
Reply 69
I've applied for both Fashion Menswear Design and Fashion Photography, I've only received confirmation that they've received my fashion photography choice....
Has anyone else applied for Menswear Design and heard anything back?!?!
Original post by tinasylvia
Aww thats a shame. I will admit everyone was really snobby. Me being the chatty person i am- i actually tried talking to people as everyone was so up themselves and shy, and they'd just look at me like i was on another planet. Nonetheless i'm applying as i did like the course structure and it's one of the best places to study fashion design.

In the end i applied, although my teachers told me not to due to my low predicted grades and i have an interview for fashion management on 3rd of Feb.
Original post by EGB

I have mine on the 3rd too for Fashion management. I wish i chose International fashion management now, Maderine is compulsory. I also have no clue what to wear. I want to wear a neon blazer, but that might be too much. My mums lending me £100 for an outfit + accessories :frown: i'm so nervous
Reply 72
Anyone got interviews/receipt of application for design courses? I've got nothing back whatsoever!
Reply 73
anyone applying for fashion textiles at LCF? got an interview for the 2nd of feb
bit terrified tbh! plus i thought they expected a digital mini portfolio first?apparently not.
Reply 74
I've applied for fashion journalism at lcf! received two conditionals and an unconditonal from elsewhere, and had my interview at epsom so just waiting to hear if i got in there or not.. eeeek! but really worried about lcf! i'm desperate to hear something. a lot of people seem to be getting interviews but i've not heard anything other than an email saying they've received my application! anyone else in the same position at all? i sent my application way back in october too!

anyone the same, please get back to me! xxx
Reply 75
Original post by Fashionlive
I think it is quite formal tbh. Quite classic really, I bought the majority from Topshop. The only thing I am concerned about is someone else wearing the same!!

Really good point, but I now have an idea of what I'm going to wear... Starting to feel the nerves for next week!!!
Original post by BambieWambie
In the end i applied, although my teachers told me not to due to my low predicted grades and i have an interview for fashion management on 3rd of Feb.

My teacher told me the same thing about not applying because if my predicted grades . I've not heard anything back but i haven't applied for fashion management. did you apply for just the one course there or two ?
Original post by beckylou67

Original post by beckylou67
Hi, I'm Becky. I've applied for the Buying and Merchandising Foundation, and also the Promotion and Marketing Foundation. I've had my email that they've received my application.

I was just wondering if anyone is starting the Buying and Merchandising E-Learning course on the 20th? Wishing you all the best!

- Becky

Iv applied for foundation in fashion marketing and promotion and i haven't heard anything yet apart from they have got my application so dont worry.
Original post by mcluvin
so true about the snobbery in the air, however when i visited noone visiting said hi or shared a nervous smile, i think the atmosphere was probably made by everyone's anxious silence; what did you think of the course though?

I thought it was interesting and it sounded just perfect for me. However, I've also applied to Sunderland and, although I dont' really want to study there, the course sounded slightly better than LCF's, mainly because through the Sunderland course you can work your way to getting an NCTJ qualification, which is a really good thing not just for fashion journalism but for any type of journalism. I really do love LCF though and could definitely see myself there... if only people weren't so snobby haha!
I've got an interview/written assessment at Lime Grove on Feb 20th for Fashion Journalism. I'm so so so so nervous but very happy!

Quick Reply