D1 Jan 2012 Edexcel Post-Exam Discussion - Solutions and paper in first post

Fairly kind paper

Solve the route inspection, means you MUST start and end at the same point
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arsey
Fairly kind paper

Solve the route inspection, means you MUST start and end at the same point

hey arsey for q5) the bubble sort, your 7th pass is exactly the same as you 8th pass. is it necessary to show the 8th one? also what do you think of the grade boundaries? I'm thinking 67-68 for A.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
yes, you will lose a mark if you do not have it

ALWAYS repeat the last pass, so you have two the same.

You might know it is in order, but you need to do a final pass, so that the algorithm does.
Original post by Arsey
yes, you will lose a mark if you do not have it

ALWAYS repeat the last pass, so you have two the same.

You might know it is in order, but you need to do a final pass, so that the algorithm does.

i wrote further passes produce no swaps so stop, will this do? also, in the jan 11 ms for 2c) it hasnt shown and extra pass :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4
you should be fine with what you wrote, final (repeated) pass or a statement will do.
Reply 5
[QUOTE=:)[excludedFace]biggrin[/excludedFace];35972193]has anyone got the answers?

:confused:

in the first post
Reply 6
I think I drew ye graph wrong so I ended up with solution 70 as my coordinate, how many marks do you reckon I will drop for this? Will I get follow through marks when working out the maximum profit as I subbed In the coordinates I achieved

Thank you so much! I thought I screwed this up (bad timing issue :s-smilie:) but it's not as bad as I thought from what I remember. You're a legend for posting all of these, seriously :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by Jhead1993
I think I drew ye graph wrong so I ended up with solution 70 as my coordinate, how many marks do you reckon I will drop for this? Will I get follow through marks when working out the maximum profit as I subbed In the coordinates I achieved

no
Main reason for high grade boundaries= Arsey+Gibbo, giving great tips and increasing candidate performance!!! :smile: Any ideas on grade boundaries?
Somehow I calculated the float for D as 8, how many marks will I lose from drawing the cascade chart with that mistake?
Reply 11
Original post by robert jones
Main reason for high grade boundaries= Arsey+Gibbo, giving great tips and increasing candidate performance!!! :smile: Any ideas on grade boundaries?

Gibbo81

i have just had an idea of how to improve our results

:ninja2:
Reply 12
Original post by Jukeboxing
Somehow I calculated the float for D as 8, how many marks will I lose from drawing the cascade chart with that mistake?

2 marks, 1 in c and 1 in d
Got everything right except wrote 2 12's instead of 1 and a 13 when doing my bubble sort, so will I just lose one for accuracy? And how will this affect the first fit decreasing 3 marker with this list?

I calculated the lower bound fine at least.
Arsey what do you reckon the grade boudaries are gonna be
Reply 15
not sure, 60+ for an A.

definitions are normally terribly answered, as will the dummy questions.

I think the postie question will be a bloodbath too.

LP was pretty kind.
Reply 16
Original post by Arsey
you should be fine with what you wrote, final (repeated) pass or a statement will do.

Hi, is it necessary to give units of waste for the bin packing question? Thanks.
Reply 17
no
Original post by Arsey
not sure, 60+ for an A.

definitions are normally terribly answered, as will the dummy questions.

I think the postie question will be a bloodbath too.

LP was pretty kind.

61,62 or high sixties like 67,68
For the second dummy , do you think it would be alright to put: Activities G and H must be uniquely represented in terms of end evernts

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending