The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Cahill. Great finish lol.
Reply 7161
Offside and questions have to be asked about why a Centre back was in the 6 yard box.
And another injured player.
Original post by doggyfizzel
5 in 7 = 0.71 gls per game, 6 in 9 = 0.66 gls per game in 2011. Those are the facts.

You still have failed to give this oh so obvious answer as to how he fit the system better.

I'm clearly talking about overall, hence I said he has a better goal to game ratio...

OH LOL. Can't believe this...
Sturridge man of the match? are you taking the piss? not even close, Parker has been easily our best player tonight.

England still have a lot of work to do to really compete with teams like Holland as well based on this, and Pearce's tactics are a mixed bag at best here too.
What a finish from Young, really smart.
2-2, like how we only did well going forward after going 2 down :erm:
Reply 7167
The winger who does nothing but score goals and get injured!
typical.
At least Welbeck and Sturridge did alright.
Reply 7170
Original post by doggyfizzel
What a finish from Young, really smart.

And by the way Hunterlaar is joint top scorer in the bundesliga too.
Stop with the premfacing it's embarassing.

1. Patrick Kluivert 1994–2004 40 79 0.51 1994–2008
2. Dennis Bergkamp 1990–2000 37 79 0.47 1986–2006
3. Faas Wilkes 1946–1961 35 38 0.92 1940–1964
Ruud van Nistelrooy 1998– 35 70 0.50 1994–
5. Abe Lenstra 1940–1959 33 47 0.70 1935–1963
Johan Cruyff 1966–1977 33 48 0.69 1964–1984
7. Klaas-Jan Huntelaar 2006– 30 48 0.63 2002–
8. Bep Bakhuys 1928–1937 28 23 1.22 1925–1946
9. Kick Smit 1935–1946 26 29 0.90 1924–1950
10. Robin van Persie 2004– 25 61 0.41 2001–
Feel sorry for England, as that was a great comeback. Baines to blame for the winner though, didn't close down Robben quick enough.
Original post by KingMessi
At least Welbeck and Sturridge did alright.

Wellbeck was too isolated till after we were 2-0 down

Sturridge was okay at best, nothing like as good as he is capable of.
Reply 7173
LOL, we're gonna win fail miserably at Euro 2012.
Original post by El Ferrari
I'm clearly talking about overall, hence I said he has a better goal to game ratio...

OH LOL. Can't believe this...
Van Persie didn't play as a centre forward at club level until Ade left in 09, so he hasn't been a striker. Holland have also only played their current formation since late 08, so comparing their goal scoring rates overall when you have just said fits "the" system better is pointless.

Still no answer on this how he fit the system better....change the record.
Reply 7175
Sturridge, man of the match?

PAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA, everything about tonight was a joke. Same old England.
Original post by facdroit
And by the way Hunterlaar is joint top scorer in the bundesliga too.
Hence why I said equally as good. Stop trying to make up for your earlier massive fail, you don't even know the positions in the game.
Reply 7177
Watched the first half much more closely than the second but we seem to have the same old problems. Playing Parker alongside Barry means we tend to get split into defensive and attacking blocks with little linkage between them. Too many times attacks had to be started by one of Young, Johnson, Welbeck and usually Gerrard dropping very deep, and that means we’re struggling for numbers when going forward.

Holland actually setup fairly similar, with De Jong and Van Bommel holding, but they can get away with it by relying on the individual brilliance of Robben, Sneijder and now Van Persie. Imagine the WC 2010 side with RVP on the form he is now. :coma: Shame that Robben and Sneijder have gone backwards, although I’d imagine both are capable of a few brilliant performances in a row in tournament football. Truth is we were up against a better team. Downing against Robben? Welbeck against Van Persie? The only guy we’ve got on a similar level to the 3 Dutch guys I’ve mentioned isn’t available.

Going forward I think we need someone alongside Parker who’s better on the ball than Barry, someone more of a playmaker. The best 2 guys I can think of for that role, Scholes and Wilshere, are both unavailable. Assuming Gerrard starts the Euros in the same role he did today the only real option I can think of is Carrick, but that’s not ideal because in too many matches his passing is too conservative which won’t fix anything. Hopefully Wilshere will get fitness and form going into the tournament and will play that role for the first 2 games, and then compete with Gerrard (although it wouldn’t be a natural role for him) when Rooney gets back and takes the position he plays at Utd.

Quality finishes for both of our goals, Pique-esque from Cahill, but I thought too many players let their heads drop after the 2 quick Dutch goals. Can put it down to inexperience I guess.
Original post by Dorito
PAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA, everything about tonight was a joke. Same old England.
3-2 against the WC semi finalist is a joke? Winning would be what then, acceptable? Its a good result unless you think England are on the same level as Spain/Brazil and co.

I thought it was a good game. Parker lost concentration at the end, probably when he needed to up it with the introduction of Milner. I think we really missed Rooney, needed a link up with Welbeck who was too isolated. Johnson was ineffective. Young showed why he is the best standard option for LW, although AOC could also be worth a try. Micah Richards looked a bit tired, and Jones looked out of his depth at RB. Smalling really stating a claim for CB ahead of Ferdinand at least. England need to perform on that level against equal or lower opposition rather than worrying about coming up against Spain or Holland.
Original post by SciFiBoy
Wellbeck was too isolated till after we were 2-0 down

Sturridge was okay at best, nothing like as good as he is capable of.

Perhaps, but I still thought that his effort and link-up play were to be commended.

Latest