The Student Room Group

Year 11's - How many hours of revision are doing a day?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lukeface
I've got 15 exams in the summer and am aiming for mainly a*s. All this posting of like 3 hours a day is scaring me! I wasn't even aware people were revising during easter! :s-smilie:

Ha me too. I only have 10 exams within a two week period in May (Aiming for A*'s/A's with C in French). I've hardly revised at all in Year 11, but I should begin soon.

All this talk of 4 hours of study is scaring me, are you guys really taking it this seriously?
Studying? During the Easter holiday? I think I'll just panic and study two weeks before the exams like I always do. :biggrin:
Yesterday I got just under 3hrs done. I was meant to do more but nothing was going in my head and i kept procratinating. Today i'm aiming for 4 but i'm not sure how it'll work out.

Is anyone revising for english lit&lang and how are you doing it?
I haven't done much in the past couple of days tbh. Done a bit of my science coursework and studies a bit of the characters on inspector calls and of mice and men but I'm probably going to be doing a lot more within the new couple of days. Mainly because I want to start my history and sociology studying along with my english :smile:
Original post by HistoryNerdx
Yesterday I got just under 3hrs done. I was meant to do more but nothing was going in my head and i kept procratinating. Today i'm aiming for 4 but i'm not sure how it'll work out.

Yeah I am! I've been told I have to resit English language even though I got a C. They want me to try and aim for a B but I haven't started revising for the yet :s
As for English lot, just started revising some of the characters. You? :smile:
My brother has made a timetable with 4 hours a day, but slept through yesterday and is currently playing on his iPhone so not looking too promising for today either lol.
Original post by Roxas
You guys realise this is GCSE's right? You get a C for writing your name correctly. Seriously the people saying you need 12 hours a day are stupid, trying to scaremonger the normal people.

At this stage an hour a day will probably be fine, I didn't do any revision until study leave started and still got the grades I wanted... Relax, you'll be fine!

What grades did you receive in the end? If i did that i would get all Cs and Ds
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
My brother has made a timetable with 4 hours a day, but slept through yesterday and is currently playing on his iPhone so not looking too promising for today either lol.

I understand why. Sometimes you think 'yeah I'm going to do some revision' but then you Cba :L
Trying to revise 5 hours minimum, but dont think it will happen
Reply 29
Original post by HistoryNerdx

You've probably heard this a lot of times, but for eng lit GET THE CGP REVISION GUIDES! They're amazing! ;P

For example the 2 books we're studying, Of Mice and Men, and The Crucible, the revision guides for it are fantastic

but the best revision guide is for the anthologies, which for me are really in-depth and explain everything. Get them if you can, they'll help surely :P
I am doing 4 hours a day, which is 1 hour sessions for a subject. 6 times a week, i only have 9 subjects in may, and 5 in june but i have 2 weeks between my may and june exams so im going to revise for them later on. You dont want to over do it, i find it manageable, i dont start until like 1-2 and i get it all done before my dinner so i have the rest of the time to relax. If you do too much at one time you dont remember it which makes it pointless, hope this helps :smile:
Reply 31
I haven't started yet xD but i was thinking something like 4-5 hours a day?
Reply 32
I'm doing 3-4 hours a day and I've got 11 exams all in may. Not that bad but I'm still on the edge of my seat :confused:
Original post by IgorYakov
You've probably heard this a lot of times, but for eng lit GET THE CGP REVISION GUIDES! They're amazing! ;P

For example the 2 books we're studying, Of Mice and Men, and The Crucible, the revision guides for it are fantastic

but the best revision guide is for the anthologies, which for me are really in-depth and explain everything. Get them if you can, they'll help surely :P

I'm doing of mice and men and inspector calls. If you don't have the of mice and men York notes book, I suggest you get it :smile:
Goodness knows why, but I've done a revision timetable for Easter and it's around 6-8 hours a day! I'm aiming for As and A*s...I think I need to adjust that timetable :colone: (maybe I thought I was doing A levels :tongue:) and I only have 9 exams.

After modifying the timetable, it's around 2-4 hours a day.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 35
I did my GCSE's last year and achieved A, BBBBBB, CCC With no revision - I'm not one of these overly intelligent people either. I just recommend that you do a few hours a day and that would be plenty I wouldn't go crazy as you'll just psych yourself up and then it might have the opposite effect. Keep calm and another thing - don't cram it all in at the last minute or stay awake all night the day before your exam watching Queenplaying live in Milton Keynes in 1985.. Good luck :smile:
About 5 hours. I'm aiming for A*s too. It's gonna be looong Easter break >.<
4 hours, or 5 if I am bored :smile:
I'm aiming to get A*'s and A's
Reply 38
Original post by Where'sPerry?
As has already been said (and as anyone who has completed their GCSEs will tell you), some of you are doing way too much. It will stress you out and by the time you get to your exams, you won't be able to revise efficiently any more. You all have the right attitude which is great, but remember that you need to take time off and have fun as well! At this time last year I wasn't revising yet, maybe an hour a day if I felt like it. That's also important; don't force yourself to revise if you are totally in the wrong mood to do so. You won't take in the information, so get yourself into the right mindset before you study. Good luck, you'll all do fine :biggrin:

Wow! You got 10A*s aswell?!

That's incredible!

How come you took soo many subjects?
GCSE's are piss tho

Quick Reply

Latest