The Student Room Group

which would be the better question?

For my assignment should I look at:

a) the significance of community in at least two novels - which I would analyse a dystopia in "A Clockwork Orange" and "1984" and totaliatarinism

b) exploration of freedom - whereby I'd explore either "The Colour Purple" and slavery, with "1984" and how citizens were watched, the use of surveillance, psychological manipulation and control. Or "A Clockwork Orange" and the order of society vs the freedom of choice. Or "A Wide Sargasso Sea" by Jean Rhys, and explore the oppression of slavery and entrapment

c) different representations of isolation- in "Rebecca" by Daphne De Maurier I'd discuss how Maxim imposes isolaion upon himself at first and then his new wife feels isolated as she lives in the shadow of Rebecca. I'd compare it with "Lonely londoners" by sam selvon and how they are segregated due to the colour of their skin

Which question do you think would be best and with which texts (as "b" has more than two)?
nudge
?!
Reply 3
You should pick the one that you'd be most interested in writing about. No point, for example, choosing to do C when A is the one which most interests you. I think I'd choose B though and write about '1984'.
Original post by Diaxer
You should pick the one that you'd be most interested in writing about. No point, for example, choosing to do C when A is the one which most interests you. I think I'd choose B though and write about '1984'.

thanks for the reply :smile:
but, I submitted it yesterday, and chose B

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending