The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by multiplexing-gamer
Point proven lol

Precisely O.o

Original post by GreenLantern1
Exactly. The only subject for which that is true for is GCSE Maths! And sciences I can revise for if I have 2 days in which to revise!! But that would be if there aren't any other exams in these 2 days!

Only if you can get a quick grip on mathematical concepts. Not so true if you're crap a Maths!
You're idea of revision and my idea of revision are two completely different things. Your two days would be like my two weeks! I revise for an hour or so every other day! Not 4 hours a day!!
Original post by shyamshah
I have only had 2 exams so far, Food technology and RS. Food tech was alright, but found it a little bit hard, but hopefully the grade boundaries will be low for that. Yeah I am really worried about English too. In Literature I am on an A so I need to get an A in both of the exams to get an A overall and Language I am on a B but I am pretty happy with that. I really hope the science grade boundaries are low this year so that I have a chance of getting at least a B. I have still got 15 exams to go you?

What board are you for English? I'm on B/A border for Literature but i'm really unconfident for 'The Crucible/TKAM' exam, i can't do essay-writing on the spot. And to be honest i'm not much more confident about poetry! Yeah i really want to do well in Physics and Chemistry so i'll be praying for low boundaries! I have 26 left :frown:
Original post by PrinceyJ
I know, you only have to revise an hour before. Jokes.

People do but far too much revision in though for GCSEs.

I agree, people revise way too much for GCSE. I could understand it for A-Level. I will be revising lots when it ges to college! But there is no need for it at GCSE!
Original post by CharlieBoardman
Precisely O.o

Only if you can get a quick grip on mathematical concepts. Not so true if you're crap a Maths!
You're idea of revision and my idea of revision are two completely different things. Your two days would be like my two weeks! I revise for an hour or so every other day! Not 4 hours a day!!

Yh 4 hours is a lot. I learnt my ICT notes straight for 2 hours and then did an addmaths paper for 2 hours so a total 4 hours!!

But that is the most I have done all week!
I agree, people revise way too much for GCSE. I could understand it for A-Level. I will be revising lots when it ges to college! But there is no need for it at GCSE!

They really do. A-Level I am going to try and start earlier though. I think Easter may have been to late for starting to make my notes lol as I still haven't finished them!
Reply 145
Just a quick pop on to say, hope everyone's exams are going well. Best of luck to everyone with the remainder of our exams :biggrin:
Original post by tamil4
What board are you for English? I'm on B/A border for Literature but i'm really unconfident for 'The Crucible/TKAM' exam, i can't do essay-writing on the spot. And to be honest i'm not much more confident about poetry! Yeah i really want to do well in Physics and Chemistry so i'll be praying for low boundaries! I have 26 left :frown:

I'm on AQA you? Yeah i struggle with poetry too and am just hoping the questions which come up are nice questions. English is definitely gonna be like one of the hardest exams. I'm doing double science so I need to get like all A's in the 3 sciences to get an A in one of my GCSEs. Woah you have loads left, when is your last exam?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my Orange Monte Carlo
Original post by ElMoro
Just a quick pop on to say, hope everyone's exams are going well. Best of luck to everyone with the remainder of our exams :biggrin:

Cheers man you too!!! You haven't been on in ageeesssss!!!!!!
Yh 4 hours is a lot. I learnt my ICT notes straight for 2 hours and then did an addmaths paper for 2 hours so a total 4 hours!!

But that is the most I have done all week!

Just did a big revision day then hey? What paper was it by the way? I might give it a go tomorrow :smile: I couldn't bring myself to do 2 hours of ICT -.- I hate our course.
They really do. A-Level I am going to try and start earlier though. I think Easter may have been to late for starting to make my notes lol as I still haven't finished them!

I will be doing 2hrs 40mins travelling per day when I go to college, so I am going to utilise that for revision time :smile: use time efficiently! :biggrin: I've decided I'm just going to revise anyway at college, regardless of whether it's exam season or not!
Just did a big revision day then hey? What paper was it by the way? I might give it a go tomorrow :smile: I couldn't bring myself to do 2 hours of ICT -.- I hate our course.

Our GCSE course was actually good!

Then the AS course was good but started getting boring midway trough year 10. Since January the AS has been getting really good again and enjoyable. I am going to miss it; am reconsidering not taking it, and might ask my school if I can do the A2 ICT in year 12 as I was originally offered this option.
Original post by ElMoro

Nice to see you! Things are going well thank you! Good luck to you too! I'm sure you'll ace them :biggrin:

Sorry for the multi posts people, i'm on the TSR app, and can't multi quote!!
I will be doing 2hrs 40mins travelling per day when I go to college, so I am going to utilise that for revision time :smile: use time efficiently! :biggrin: I've decided I'm just going to revise anyway at college, regardless of whether it's exam season or not!

That is a bit excessive ya nerd lol. I understand the travelling but when it isn't an exam revisng? You should just enhance your calsswork stuff, maybe make notes or something.
Our GCSE course was actually good!

Then the AS course was good but started getting boring midway trough year 10. Since January the AS has been getting really good again and enjoyable. I am going to miss it; am reconsidering not taking it, and might ask my school if I can do the A2 ICT in year 12 as I was originally offered this option.

Well, my ICT course isn't even a bloody GCSE is it -.- stupid pointless qualification! Id have much preferred to do GCSE. You started AS in Y9 then? Impressive. If I were you, I'd do the A2 in year 12. You need to prioritise your important and relevant subjects in Year 13!!
Well, my ICT course isn't even a bloody GCSE is it -.- stupid pointless qualification! Id have much preferred to do GCSE. You started AS in Y9 then? Impressive. If I were you, I'd do the A2 in year 12. You need to prioritise your important and relevant subjects in Year 13!!

I think it looks like I won't do any A2 ICT. I will just leave it at AS-Level.

We started it end of year 9 after the GCSE exam. We did 2 courseworks in year 8, 2 in year and the exam in year 9 so got GCSE then. Cheers. We only started it in like June of year 9, well those that opted to and were allowed to take it.
That is a bit excessive ya nerd lol. I understand the travelling but when it isn't an exam revisng? You should just enhance your calsswork stuff, maybe make notes or something.

Well, I won't be revising all the time, as I'm trying to get through as many Maths/Physics related books as I can before Uni, so I need to put some time aside for those. I'll probably revise on the way there, and read on the way back, or vice versa :smile: I'd only be revising the stuff which we'd learnt in class, or revising the next topic, just to prepare :smile:
Well, I won't be revising all the time, as I'm trying to get through as many Maths/Physics related books as I can before Uni, so I need to put some time aside for those. I'll probably revise on the way there, and read on the way back, or vice versa :smile: I'd only be revising the stuff which we'd learnt in class, or revising the next topic, just to prepare :smile:

What have you read so far? I've read a book called Infinity by Brian clegg and one called Zero by Charles Seife. And I was making my way through Fermat's last theorem by Simon Singh, but got distracted with the New Turing Omnibus and Ulysses :/

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)
I think it looks like I won't do any A2 ICT. I will just leave it at AS-Level.

We started it end of year 9 after the GCSE exam. We did 2 courseworks in year 8, 2 in year and the exam in year 9 so got GCSE then. Cheers. We only started it in like June of year 9, well those that opted to and were allowed to take it.

This sounds even better.

Ugh, I don't think I'd enjoy ICT either way. I'm not too big on computers! Never really interested me... A great qualification to have under your belt though!
This sounds even better.

Ugh, I don't think I'd enjoy ICT either way. I'm not too big on computers! Never really interested me... A great qualification to have under your belt though!

Na I do love it. It is just I can't be bothered to do the longs coursework we have to do. Plus I wanna focus on my maths and Physics.
Original post by PrinceyJ
What have you read so far? I've read a book called Infinity by Brian cleft and one called Zero by Charles Seife. And I was making my way through Fermat's last theorem by Simon Singh, but got distracted with the New Turing Omnibus and Ulysses :/

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Fermats last theorem is a great book!! :O I loved that one. Here are a few good'ns; The music of the primes - Marcus Du Sautoy; any of Marcus du Sautoys books actually!; a brief history of time - Stephen hawking; a mathematicians apology - G.H. hardy.
Theres loads!! I have around 40-50 left on my reading list yet :colondollar:

Latest