The Student Room Group

London 2012 Retail Job Interview

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I got the job!! Yayyy
Reply 81
I had my assessment thing at 3:30pm on the Tuesday (the last possible one) so I'm guessing, I'll be one of the last people to hear back.
Reply 82
Original post by LZRSWRD
I had my assessment thing at 3:30pm on the Tuesday (the last possible one) so I'm guessing, I'll be one of the last people to hear back.

Yhh you'll definitely hear something by the week. And apparently bad news goes out firstt, so it may be good uve had a long wait fingers crossedd
Reply 83
Original post by fuzzmuzz
Yhh you'll definitely hear something by the week. And apparently bad news goes out firstt, so it may be good uve had a long wait fingers crossedd

Haha you were right, just got the 'successful' email, just hope all the accreditation stuff goes through alright. Congrats as well BTW.
just wanted to join this thread :biggrin:

I'm waiting for my accreditation to come through :/ what is this part, if they don't contact referees till later? :s-smilie:

also bit of advice needed, how is everyone picking venues? I want to work for a longer period of time obviously, but eton dorney is close to me. There' only one event going on there though, so I don't know whether I'd get much hours there?
Reply 85
I think it's because it's not an existing company it's for the Olympics that's why we don't know all the details yet because the catering jobs have uniform and have been to training
Reply 86
hi everyone,
I have my interview assessment on monday 16th april,2012 at marks and spencer simply food. I really need this job.....and failing in this interview would mean losing the opportunity for another six months.....which i just can't afford to do ...

i know i may sound silly but i had already lost an interview last year in Sep. ....this time i don't want anything to go wrong...If anyone has had an interview with marks and spencer simply food in recent times, plz plz plz help me out !!!!

Many thanks
Reply 87
Congrats all who got the job.. I was unsuccessful :frown:
Reply 88
I got through the assessment thing in late Februrary...but I am still waiting for my accreditation to come through!!
All I got since then, was a general email about 3 weeks ago saying that there was a change to the process and that we would be contacted by email..

Should I get worried? Anyone in that case?
How come I never heard back from them I think I had mine interview with them in January.
Original post by Jessicancl
I got through the assessment thing in late Februrary...but I am still waiting for my accreditation to come through!!
All I got since then, was a general email about 3 weeks ago saying that there was a change to the process and that we would be contacted by email..

Should I get worried? Anyone in that case?

I'm in the exact same position as you, but around 7 people in my school applied, had interviews around the same time, and we're all still waiting for the accreditation, so I wouldn't worry just yet!
Reply 91
Original post by TaraBelle
I'm in the exact same position as you, but around 7 people in my school applied, had interviews around the same time, and we're all still waiting for the accreditation, so I wouldn't worry just yet!

Right.. but though it's taking forever.... I have sent them a couple of emails and never got any reply.
Just wondering, what if I dont get through the accreditation thing, will they let me know..?

Have you got any news yet..?
Reply 92
Has anyone actually been accredited yet?
Original post by Jessicancl
Right.. but though it's taking forever.... I have sent them a couple of emails and never got any reply.
Just wondering, what if I dont get through the accreditation thing, will they let me know..?

Have you got any news yet..?

I heard back yesterday and said they're giving me a conditional offer for Olympic park, subject to accreditation. So you should hear back soon! :smile:
Reply 94
I heard back yesterday and said they're giving me a conditional offer for Olympic park, subject to accreditation. So you should hear back soon! :smile:

When did you pass your interview?
Original post by TempleQC
When did you pass your interview?

2nd week of feb
Reply 96
Mine was in April, so not expecting much for a while.
Reply 97
2nd week of feb

Well that sucks I passed on the 13th of january and still nothing!
I'll call them on monday I think.
Original post by TempleQC
Well that sucks I passed on the 13th of january and still nothing!
I'll call them on monday I think.

where did you put for where you wanted to work? Cause I think they're doing it place by place, other friends heard before me for a different place when we had our interview at the same time
Reply 99
where did you put for where you wanted to work? Cause I think they're doing it place by place, other friends heard before me for a different place when we had our interview at the same time

I don't remember having to put a place but if I did I would have put the olympic park or athletes village. Something like that.

Quick Reply

Latest