The Student Room Group

What makes you think more 'lol what a prat' - guy wearing Hollister or Dre Beats?

Scroll to see replies

I have in ear beats headphones and they are really good. No one sees them because they are in ear, plus I have long hair so I didn't get them to show off, I heard good reviews about them. I don't see what's so wrong with the brand.

Also what if people just wear hollister because they like the brand, like people who wear Nike trainers? I don't think it's right to label them as prats. Anyway I'm not really a judgemental person.
(edited 11 years ago)
Beats look **** and are stupidly expensive and they break easily. If I see someone wearing them I think what a retard for wasting all that money.

Some Hollister clothes can be nice but if someone wears nothing but Hollister I guess It can look stupid
Original post by jennaz77
I have in ear beats headphones and they are really good. No one sees them because they are in ear, plus I have long hair so I didn't get them to show off, I heard good reviews about them. I don't see what's so wrong with the brand.

Also what if people just wear hollister because they like the brand, like people who wear Nike trainers? I don't think it's right to label them as prats. Anyway I'm not really a judgemental person.

My bose ones sounds better than beats and they were probably half the price, you obviously did buy them to "show off" as you put it to some degree, not like it matters anyway, I think beats do look pretty good
Reply 23
Based on the pictures at the top, Justin Bieber looks like a complete prat with the Dre beats on.
Reply 24
Dre Beats- there's a lad in my 6form who wears them round his neck all the time yet I have never actually seem them on his ears. I sometimes wonder if they are even attached to an Ipod!
Meh, whilst I wouldn't buy either I don't really care if other people do. If they ask my opinion about it I'll tell them they can get better stuff for the same price but if they like it that's up to them.
Not everyone who wears hollister stuff has payed a fortune for it, you can get it really cheap in America.

And anyway, haven't you all got better things to do with your lives than judging people you don't even know based purely on what they wear?
Reply 27
Unless they specifically state that they're cool and awesome because they wear those things, and have some sense of superiority over others due of it, I wouldn't really judge a person's character to that degree based on their attire.
Reply 28
Both
Reply 29
Original post by funsongfactory
Not everyone who wears hollister stuff has payed a fortune for it, you can get it really cheap in America.

And anyway, haven't you all got better things to do with your lives than judging people you don't even know based purely on what they wear?

You sound like you think it takes a long time to judge people. It doesn't. I can inwardly sneer at about the awful dress sense of 30 people a minute as I walk down the street. You should try it, its fun.
Reply 30
What makes you think more 'lol what a prat' - guy wearing Hollister or Dre Beats or a guy who cares that much?
Reply 31
on a serious note, if you're willing to pay £300+ for an electronic necklace then you are a prat
Beats by dre are crap its only market gimmick even my sony extra bass blow them out of water lol and i know many other headphone sound better then beats.
If you like beats tour, but dont want waste alot money check out jvc xtreme which are good for bassy head.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 33
Beats, definitely, largely because they're not very good headphones. Hollister do at least make good clothes.
Original post by py0alb
You sound like you think it takes a long time to judge people. It doesn't. I can inwardly sneer at about the awful dress sense of 30 people a minute as I walk down the street. You should try it, its fun.

No, I just think its pointless and unpleasant. I wouldn't find it fun because I wouldn't like people to do it to me and I actually have a conscience. You should try getting one, it's fun.
Wearing hollister and abercrombie gear = not my friend
Dre beats. They just advertise that you wasted a tonne of money on not particularly good headphones so that you could show off to everyone that you had expensive headphones. It really is pathetic.

I don't really have anything against hollister. I don't buy it; I don't really know much about how good their stuff looks; I don't really think anything different when I see people wearing it than when I see people wearing, say, superdry. It's just a mid range brand. I'll judge how it looks on each individual. :dontknow: it's far from reached jack wills status in my mind.
Reply 37
3 people opposite me in a seminar wearing matching Hollister tshirts a few months ago...do they not realise how ridiculous they look?
Reply 38
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Dre beats. They just advertise that you wasted a tonne of money on not particularly good headphones so that you could show off to everyone that you had expensive headphones. It really is pathetic.

I don't really have anything against hollister. I don't buy it; I don't really know much about how good their stuff looks; I don't really think anything different when I see people wearing it than when I see people wearing, say, superdry. It's just a mid range brand. I'll judge how it looks on each individual. :dontknow: it's far from reached jack wills status in my mind.

I concur.
Dre frickin beats! hate them things.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending