The Student Room Group

Post a photo of your School/your dream School

Scroll to see replies

Mine:

was sad to leave this year :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Benniboi1
:colonhash:

Some of you probably don't understand how lucky you are, these are not schools, they are palaces.

We didn't even have grass. I think from now on we should be able to send a picture of our school to UCAS for some sympathy offers.

Thats what i was thinking... My school is a bloody bungalow compared to all these others in this thread... :frown:
Reply 42
Jesus, these are some sweet ass schools. I left in 2011 but recently our 60 year old gyms roof collapsed in. I have no pictures but i'm sure you can imagine the sort of place! I wish i went to some of these schools, the facilities look better than my unis...
Reply 43
Original post by DeathByBSOD
Thats what i was thinking... My school is a bloody bungalow compared to all these others in this thread... :frown:

It's genuinely annoying me. :colonhash:

I had to compete with people that come from places that look like Hogwarts?
I would post a picture of my school, but I don't miss it ... and it was a new building, so it looks good but is still crap, it failed Ofsted :lol:
Best pictures I could find

le-retraite-rc-girls-school-atkins-road-balham-28271.jpg
photo.JPG

La Retraite RC Girls' School. It'll take a few months, but I probably will miss it later on :redface:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 46
Original post by AnyoneOutThere
Ah, you go to St Gregs!

Used to- where do you go? :smile:
Reply 47
Original post by Ocassus
She is a very pretty girl, just checked to see if I was friends with her on Facebook.
Olympic swimming is not my calling, I get a bit of sponsorship money that pays for my kit, travel and accomodation, thats it. I won't make a career out of it. :p:

She is! some people have it all :rolleyes: That's a shame, but you can always try out during uni anyways :smile: Well, at least you get paid to do something fun, thats awesome! (although i suppose not fun ALL the time..)
Reply 48
Original post by Ocassus
Training 24 hours a week does get tiresome. Its the people that make it worth it. :p:

:redface: i imagine spending 1/7th of your time a week in a pool gets exhausting!
That's nice, in some sports people can be a bit bitchy- clearly, swimmers are nice then :biggrin:
Original post by meeow
Used to- where do you go? :smile:

I've just left St Brendan's. Where you heading to next?
Reply 50
chesnut grove school 02_L8.jpg

Don't let it fool you. It was an absolutely awful school, delightfully nicknamed as the 'starting point for prison.'

Chesnut Grove School, Balham.
Original post by amison
chesnut grove school 02_L8.jpg

Don't let it fool you. It was an absolutely awful school, delightfully nicknamed as the 'starting point for prison.'

Chesnut Grove School, Balham.

OMG, that's round the corner from my school :O I went to La Retraite.
Reply 52
Original post by confused dot com
OMG, that's round the corner from my school :O I went to La Retraite.

I thought I recognised the school you posted! It got so bad for Chestnut when I was there that anyone wearing a green jumper wasn't allowed into ANY of the shops on the high road! Bad times..

I know a couple of people who went to La Retraite. Almost ended up there myself!
SNN2527B-380_596087a.jpg
This is the High School I went to. It was a great school, but it definitely doesn't deserve the title of 'Language College' I doubt offering only French and Spanish at GCSE is really Language College standard. I do miss it (slightly) but lots of teachers (including the headteacher) are leaving this year.
If you live in Manchester, you may have seen it on the news after a teacher's drink was poisoned with whiteboard cleaner (already going downhill now that the headteacher's leaving :frown:)

This is the college I'll be going to in September, it's really nice :biggrin:. Though it's nothing compared to the other schools I've seen on here (Ever so jealous :rolleyes:) and there's quite a bit of building work going on.
myFile_holy-cross.jpg
Reply 54
Original post by AnyoneOutThere
I've just left St Brendan's. Where you heading to next?

A school in Wells :smile:
I LOVE st Brendan's though! whenever i go there for events and stuff they shower us with cookies :biggrin: Did you used to go to Greg's?
Picture3.jpg
Not that they show you the crappy 60s build parts of the school on the internet.
There are no pics of my secondary school as it was when I went- it was rebuilt before it fell.down lol (seriously the walls and topic had holes in then and there was no heating!) but if you would like to look on youtube there is a video showcasing the old building - search bolsover school jai ho.

I'm not sure how to upload pics is my sixth form. It looks like a spaceship from google search though!
2029881_34969800.jpg

That's my high school and sixth form college :smile: Been there for 7 years and am leaving this year. Gonna miss it :')
My sixth form was split into different buildings; I had French above this bar :tongue:

Reply 59
Original post by FrescoDiMorte
West london academy although its being re-named forgot what it was.

I once went to West London Academy (Northolt right?) I stayed for 3 weeks last year in the sixth form.

The IB course was so disorganised last year that I decided to leave before I become stuffed! Luckily I did....... because they cancelled the course last year and left all the 1st year students having to repeat the whole year at other Sixth Forms and Colleges to do IB or A Levels etc....!!

Quick Reply