The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8440
Original post by Politricks
I'm an Agnostic-Atheist, I'm open to the idea that there might be a god, and if I'm wrong, I'm willing to be disproved, I just want the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth :smile:

Humans are apes, monkeys are apes, humans are not monkeys, nor did humans evolve from monkeys, humans and monkeys just share a common ancestor. Just like lions are cats, and jaguars are cats, but lions are not jaguars, though they're both cats.

Not sure when i'll reply to the rest, it's going to take me a while.

loooool ok lets just say humans are apes.. but reversing the theory of evolution in the Quran it says the Jews were turned into monkeys/apes for sinning rather than we evolved from a common ancestor, either way its possible as there hasnt been evidence of evolution so we if you think about it we could have been turned into monkeys right?,
I see bro, well il help you find the truth scientifically so its all guna be based on factual information and abit of logic rather than opinion :tongue:.
reply whenever yu feel comfortable yo :wink:.
Original post by Lil08
Well done,

Waitrose are soo flexible with students in terms of working hours.

Really? That's good for me if I even get it then :smile:
Original post by DontJudge
No wonder you never seem to grasp my sarcasm :indiff:
So you were serious about the marrying UK girls ting? :afraid:

You call me weird everyday broo. :sadnod:
Nope, I don't need anyone, and people don't need me, just do your own thing, and you'll be fine, other people are an obstacle in personal attainment. :smile:
Tennis+cricket=middle class sport. Play football, that's more working class. :yep:

Stop taking mick out of the fact that i'm poor :cry2:
I don't have a proper camera, but I got a phone with a 3.2megapixel camera? :awesome:
Ooohhhhh it's that eazi is it?!! just buy a neww laptoppppppp?!! Yeah, cos money grows on treees doesn't it?!

Spoiler

Ohhhh myy goddd.
kasme, I get soo pissed off now when someone says to me 'i dont have an accent'
EVERYONE HAS AN ACCENT MAN, ARE YOU TAPPED?!
You lot are more closer in terms of Recieved Pronunciation.
You obviously haven't heard a northerner before.:colonhash:
Call that drug dealer, and listen to him, and then you'll see how we are. :hmpf:

Omg, i’ve just realised something.
I’m the only northerner here
:eek4: nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. :eek4:
I need to stay away from posh people, they’re bad for my health :sadnod:

LOL even I having feelings :sad:
Lol you’re out to win meeee.
Don’t worry lil ‘un, I’m gonna get you back... :colone:
Hmmm who should I set you up with :hmmmm:

Lol init, keyboard warriors, they’d be piss scared to debate us in real.
I know, beliefs are beliefs, we should just accept that with each other, I hate when people diss it man :redface:
We should just be happpyyyy :bawling:

Nope that’s not normal in Asians houses. My friends just wake up at 1am, chill in their own room, with only 3 people living in their house, and everything gets served in a plate to them. LOL
Rich Asians init.

Nice, I luv knowing about your burps, so intriguing :biggrin:

Yeah, it’s horrific, cos it’s soo repetitive...
What you doing in hols, has your work finished?
You should spend more time here. :biggrin:

Don't dare.
Please.
I mean- seriously, I'm pretty sure no one is here for me :smile:
I am a ‘bit’ annoyed with you :dry:...Can't even keep my secrets :redface:
But can't be mean to you as well, that’s why I’m handling the situation better. :biggrin:

LOl lets make dem chickens into chooza :wink:

What on earth is an Apostate, is that like self-suicidal people or suttin? *Wears a blond wig* :colondollar:
I got a U for R.E in GCSE’s. :sadnod:

Good he hates you :eviltongue:
I’m going to join him, ciou! :hello:

Hah. Ima ignore your annoyance :teehee: and I can keep secrets :tongue:
Lol. You didn't know the full story so can't pretend to be doing better than me xD

As long as your rotis are round <3

An apostate is someone who has left the religion (Y) I think it works in more scenarios though. You can google the exact meaning lol
Aww man. You don't learn what an apostate is in RE anyway :P

Hah. You wish you hate me :wink:
Reply 8444
Original post by weirdnessandcoffee
Really? That's good for me if I even get it then :smile:

Yes!

I know a friend of my friend that works there and she says its great!
I'm an Agnostic-Atheist, I'm open to the idea that there might be a god, and if I'm wrong, I'm willing to be disproved, I just want the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth :smile:

Humans are apes, monkeys are apes, humans are not monkeys, nor did humans evolve from monkeys, humans and monkeys just share a common ancestor. Just like lions are cats, and jaguars are cats, but lions are not jaguars, though they're both cats.

Not sure when i'll reply to the rest, it's going to take me a while.

I'm sure you said before that evolution was right, and you denied our Lord and creator Allah was merciful due to the rightful existence of hell :beard:
Do you do Pharmacy or Pharmaceutical Chemistry?

Pharmacy. How about u?
Reply 8447
No wonder you never seem to grasp my sarcasm :indiff:
So you were serious about the marrying UK girls ting? :afraid:

You call me weird everyday broo. :sadnod:
Nope, I don't need anyone, and people don't need me, just do your own thing, and you'll be fine, other people are an obstacle in personal attainment. :smile:
Tennis+cricket=middle class sport. Play football, that's more working class. :yep:

Stop taking mick out of the fact that i'm poor :cry2:
I don't have a proper camera, but I got a phone with a 3.2megapixel camera? :awesome:
Ooohhhhh it's that eazi is it?!! just buy a neww laptoppppppp?!! Yeah, cos money grows on treees doesn't it?!

Spoiler

Ohhhh myy goddd.
kasme, I get soo pissed off now when someone says to me 'i dont have an accent'
EVERYONE HAS AN ACCENT MAN, ARE YOU TAPPED?!
You lot are more closer in terms of Recieved Pronunciation.
You obviously haven't heard a northerner before.:colonhash:
Call that drug dealer, and listen to him, and then you'll see how we are. :hmpf:

Omg, i’ve just realised something.
I’m the only northerner here
:eek4: nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. :eek4:
I need to stay away from posh people, they’re bad for my health :sadnod:

LOL even I having feelings :sad:
Lol you’re out to win meeee.
Don’t worry lil ‘un, I’m gonna get you back... :colone:
Hmmm who should I set you up with :hmmmm:

I know, beliefs are beliefs, we should just accept that with each other, I hate when people diss it man :redface:

Nope that’s not normal in Asians houses. My friends just wake up at 1am, chill in their own room, with only 3 people living in their house, and everything gets served in a plate to them. LOL
Rich Asians init.

i got them :dontknow:, no not really
Reply 8448
Original post by mahbub1876
Dear Bangladeshi Friends,

I need your sincere opinion on the selection of university in UK. I have two offers:
1. Uni of Surrey---MSc in Economics
2. Uni of Birmingham---MSc in Development Economics.

I am a Civil Servant and working for the Ministry of Finance. Actually from Audit & Accounts Cadre. I will be sponsored from my government. Tuition fees and same amount of Living expense for the both of the universities will be provided by our Sponsor.
I have a plan for Phd in the field of economics in the near future.

Now, considering the above given facts and the other facts (living expense, uni reputation, student life, accommodation, future career etc.) please suggest me which one should I choose...???
Thank u in advance.

depends on your interests surely, may be go for the pure economics course, leaves more options open for postgrad. development economics sounds as interesting as getting kicked in the balls.
Which it is

correct

No. People believe evolution is correct.

There are missing gaps that haven't been filled yet.

They think over time it'll sort itself out or science would have progressed on order to find out why :rolleyes:

There was a thread today where the atheists had to say well evolution might not be right/proven yet but it's silly to automatically think there's a god because of that flaw.

You speak less sense each time I see you lol
Evolution isn't about proving or disproving a god, evolution makes no mention of god. It's possible to be both religious and accept the theory of evolution.

Here's a video of an Imam who accepts evolution: http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/21/cleric-evolution-compatible-with-islam/

I don't mind that. It's just that i don't know the intricacies of the theory so can't really say whether I accept it or not.

But to think 'it's right' is abit of a bogus statement tbh.
I know enough to know there are kinks in the theory and that certain things aren't quite there yet.

Yeah, that was what another atheist said. I was just repeating to show that there are problems with evolution.

In the same way that people believe that the germ theory and the heliocentric theory is correct.

Missing links being found.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/evolution/7550033/Missing-link-between-man-and-apes-found.html

They're right, evolution cannot be proven, nothing in science can be proven, everything in science are only conjectures; only in mathematics are things proven. You can't prove that the Earth orbits the sun, you can't prove gravity, you can't prove anything in science.

Ad hominem.

Yeah in that way. But it's not 100% yet.
There are kinks in he armour :tongue:

And I'll reserve judgement on that until the research/experiments on that skeleton are completed fully. I don't know how it works though, is this the only missing link they needed?
How do they know there isn't a million more inbetween?

It's easier to believe gravity as opposed to evolution though.

And, if this was such an important theory, why is it that it's not universally taught?
Why is it that so many people will oppose evolution, even ones that have researched it extensively? Do people argue about the theory of gravity is incorrect?

Sorry :colondollar:

OK, I read that and:
He described the belief that Adam was made from clay, as the Quran suggests, and then made a living human after God breathed life into him, as a "children's madrassa-level understanding" of the origins of man.

The remarks prompted some in the community to turn against him.

Is he not accepting the Quraan right there?

Earlier this month, Hasan issued a statement on his website dialing back some of his statements on evolution.

"I regret and retract some of my statements in the past about the theory of evolution, especially the inflammatory ones I do not believe that Adam, peace be upon him, had parents," he wrote.

Lol. Well he must have said some dodgy things :tongue:
Is anyone thinking of applying for season 2 of forgotten roots. http://www.forgottenroots.net/forgotten-foots-season-2-reminder
Reply 8453
Bangladeshi people don't like me. They are not friendly and I think they are intimidated by me. :frown:

Rich Asians init.

Hiya!

Lol forget debating, I'd want to knock them out :judge:

Anyway, how're you?

I'm good, still working though, I'm starting to like it...and it'll keep me occupied during ruzza :h:
Original post by greenlantern
Is anyone thinking of applying for season 2 of forgotten roots. http://www.forgottenroots.net/forgotten-foots-season-2-reminder

Lool. Have you applied? Don't think I could handle it tbf
Original post by bmqib
Bangladeshi people don't like me. They are not friendly and I think they are intimidated by me. :frown:

I'm friendly :smile:
Original post by Iqbal007
:colonhash: look whose back after this long, look i got green gems now instead of red ones :biggrin:

things have changed :cool:

Yes I still do :redface:

What else has changed then? To be honest i didn't notice your red gems or green ones either, if its changed that might mean you're spending far too much time on the internet or this website! :tongue:

Haha, i don't think you'll ever get it :biggrin:
Original post by greenlantern

Are you going to apply? My bengali is worse than the worse person's benagli on this seasons... I don't think i'd want to embarrass myself needlessly! :tongue:
LOL What do you mean 'what do you do'.
Alot of people are intrigued with me. I don’t tell em nuttin. :colonhash:

Look yeah this soc ain't singlemuslims.com init, so yeah luk somewhere else.
I kno u had a ting for bengi guys init, but yeah there ain't no lookers here luvy. :hand:

Lesbian Muslims :zomg:

I like.....:colone:

LOL, calm down init. Sensei is doing is ting. :wink:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Sick guyyyyyy
yOyoyooyyoy Sliceeeddd famalam.
Cl0000ooocckkkeeed

They don't call you Shinobi for no reason.

I am a ‘bit’ annoyed with you :dry:...Can't even keep my secrets :redface:
But can't be mean to you as well, that’s why I’m handling the situation better. :biggrin:

LOl lets make dem chickens into chooza :wink:

What on earth is an Apostate, is that like self-suicidal people or suttin? *Wears a blond wig* :colondollar:
I got a U for R.E in GCSE’s. :sadnod:

Good he hates you :eviltongue:
I’m going to join him, ciou! :hello:

Well I'm still expecting a PM off you. :colonhash:

WELL! I'd reply if you didn't keep getting yourself banned!! :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending