The Student Room Group

Problems with Cashing in

Can anyone explain to me how the cashing in system works? I mean, i am going to sit for all the maths units at once so i don't have a problem with that. But I will give the first three units of Physics and chemistry and the rest later. How will they combine all my marks for a particular subject and give me a grade? I am really confused...
Reply 1
Original post by Mehjabeen
Can anyone explain to me how the cashing in system works? I mean, i am going to sit for all the maths units at once so i don't have a problem with that. But I will give the first three units of Physics and chemistry and the rest later. How will they combine all my marks for a particular subject and give me a grade? I am really confused...

Cashing-in is just an admin procedure. In the exam season when you will have have completed the units for a qualification, the exams officer at your centre will submit a code requesting an overall grade. If you are worried it won't happen then just check with the exams officer. (however, There is nothing to stop you cashing in years after you completed the units if the specification is still live). The exam boards do not charge for cashing in.
Reply 2
So to get an overall grade, i don't have to cash in at AS level but after completing all 6 of my units at A2, is that correct?
Reply 3
Original post by Mehjabeen
So to get an overall grade, i don't have to cash in at AS level but after completing all 6 of my units at A2, is that correct?

You can only cash in when you have completed a qualification. You can cash in for the AS when you have finished that, and then the A level when you have finished that, or cash in both when you complete the A level, or just cash in the A level and not bother with the AS as it has minimal value of you also have the A level. (I doubt you are, but if you are at a state UK school then they will definitely cash in anything as soon as you finish it or their funding will be affected).
Reply 4
Thanks so much...that really cleared up the mess I was in.

Quick Reply

Latest