The Student Room Group

Dance and Trance Music Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1000
miki_da_magpie
The arguments are getting boring already...you'll never sort this one out guys, different tastes in music that's all...

Some of the arguments come down to taste but in the most recent "argument" a lot of it has to do with the technicalities of music production and the components of music which is quite a bit different.
Elements
:biggrin: Hiya everybody! This is the society for ppl that like dance and trance music and would like to talk about the music, singers/groups, clubs and performances they went to/recommend, the videos, charts, why they like this type of music; comparing it to other types of music if you like and how the music makes you feel. Techno and house can be mentioned to as they are sub-genres. :rolleyes: There's got to be other ppl apart from me that likes this stuff too :p: , right? :rolleyes:

Members list:

Me: Elements
Higgy
carla18
Miss Natalie
beach surf babe
Magician
Xanthe
mangomaz
.:fluff:.
goonerjack
gwerty sf/ n
Naino
vin
Phil_D
Economist
Phonicsdude
Dupoynt
Chaoryngmaster
kornkamper
Cortez
superstardj4eva
supacook2k

and moi!
Reply 1002
valdamas
and moi!

Sorry!:hugs: I haven't added to that list for ages! I'll have to seriously sort that out!:redface:
Reply 1003
DJDJ - did you see my post on the last page? ....:confused:

Phil_D
DJDJ, mate. I'm interested in sorting myself out with a smallish collection of DnB, Jungle and other broken beats stuff, just for variety's sake.

Any chance you could do us a list of 20-50 recommended tracks? Tracks that i'll definately be able to find on p2p progs and the kind of tracks that make dancefloors explode when dropped - you know, the massive tracks from the genre. Not necessarily your favourites, but tracks that are widely popular within the genres. The kind of stuff that any geniune DnB fan would know and love. More so DnB but wouldn't mind a spot of jungle.

I'll trust your judgement on this one because i've download torrents full of DnB before and deleted it straight away as it was boring ****e.

EDIT - Btw, i checked out the "Get Me Into Drum & Bass" topic and downloaded a few - The best 2 i've come across from that thread (so far) are Future Prophecies - Final Fantasy and Q Project - Greatest Thing. So that's the kind of thing i'm looking for.... but maybe a bit more "epic", if you get my drift. Fast, in ya face, bassy, and more melodic if possible.

Any recommendations?
Reply 1004
Anyone else heard the new Lab 4 album 'None of us are Saints'? I got it yesterday and wow its intense, proper Hard Trance at its very best
Reply 1005
Phil_D
DJDJ - did you see my post on the last page? ....:confused:

Any recommendations?

hmmmmmmmmm, not too sure really, all the tunes that i really rate i listed in that other thread. for jungle, you could d/l

krome & time - the licence
New blood - worries in the dance
Dj SS - Black
Dead dredd - Dread bass
Deep blue - helicopter tune
terrorist - renegade
omni trio - soul prominade (nookie remix)
ellis dee - big up your chest
conquring lion - code red
aprhodite - beat booya (remix)
aprhodite - cocaine
the house crew - my knight
Reply 1006
DJDJ
hmmmmmmmmm, not too sure really, all the tunes that i really rate i listed in that other thread. for jungle, you could d/l

krome & time - the licence
New blood - worries in the dance
Dj SS - Black
Dead dredd - Dread bass
Deep blue - helicopter tune
terrorist - renegade
omni trio - soul prominade (nookie remix)
ellis dee - big up your chest
conquring lion - code red
aprhodite - beat booya (remix)
aprhodite - cocaine
the house crew - my knight

Cheers, i'll take a look at them.
Reply 1007
:bumps: the thread up from page 4!:eek:

Attention: Get voting in the Music thread entitled the Best Music Genre!:p:
i know it's only your standard commercial compilation CD, but that Classic Euphoria album is pretty damn good :cool:

i don't think i've ever listened to a multi-disc album and liked more than 5 songs per disc, ever. good stuff!
Reply 1009
I don't actually own a copy of Classic Euphoria but the tracklist looks pretty impressive. Although, it is a bit same-old-same-old. It's always exactly the same kind of tracks on these "classic compliations" and so many of them are released.

The Very Best Of Euphoria is still my favourite Euphoria album. Was so cleverly mixed and some very exclusive mixes of classic tunes too.
Reply 1010
The thread starter from the rock/metal thread here.
I have to admit, you seem to have us licked when it comes to enthusiasm; this page is bloody lively.
Reply 1011
Oops, sorry, acting like a fu***ng idiot. Wrong thread,. Ignore.
Phil_D
The Very Best Of Euphoria is still my favourite Euphoria album. Was so cleverly mixed and some very exclusive mixes of classic tunes too.

is that the one in the like silver and black box? cos if it is, then yeah that's an extremely good album.

obviously, if that's not the one you mean then whichever one i just described is extremely good and other than that i have absolutely no idea what i'm talking about. :redface:
Reply 1013
Pulse
The thread starter from the rock/metal thread here.
I have to admit, you seem to have us licked when it comes to enthusiasm; this page is bloody lively.

Thanks! :biggrin: We know. ;thumbsup; Wrong thread though but thanks anyway!
Reply 1014
qwerty_st/n
is that the one in the like silver and black box? cos if it is, then yeah that's an extremely good album.

obviously, if that's not the one you mean then whichever one i just described is extremely good and other than that i have absolutely no idea what i'm talking about. :redface:

No, the one i'm talking about has a Gold cover. I have the black/silver one aswell and that is also a top album. Not as good as the Gold one though. Gold was release a couple of years before.
Phil_D
No, the one i'm talking about has a Gold cover. I have the black/silver one aswell and that is also a top album. Not as good as the Gold one though. Gold was release a couple of years before.

oh that one :redface: yeah, i've got that one too! (just having a senior moment :rolleyes: !!)
i agree, it's top notch
Reply 1016
qwerty_st/n
oh that one :redface: yeah, i've got that one too! (just having a senior moment :rolleyes: !!)
i agree, it's top notch

I think the Black/Silver one was Matt Darey's attempt to fill in the gaps, so to speak. I.e. compliation of tracks that didn't quite make onto onto the Gold one - plus some newer stuff.
Reply 1017
Best Euphoria was the first one. Hands down. :wink:
roger sanchez and pvd are immense ust got back form ibiza wow! does anyone know the song i cant find it its like 10 minutes long and features the lyrics' starlight stratbright the 1st star i see tonight wish i may wish i might have the wish i wish tonight' its a girl and its a bit more chilled out
the best euphoria cd was Transcendental Euphoria, mixed by dave pearce, released in 2000!!!

Quick Reply

Latest