The Student Room Group
Reply 2
My local independent deli used to sell 'cartons' of German (I think) cherry juice and it was delicious. You could try that or somewhere like Aldi or Lidl - they sometimes have cherry juice in.
Reply 3
As said, Lidl. the Turkish food market in Brighton does too, so perhaps try the sort of shops that import food and goods from Europe for the local expat community?
ooooooh. never knew such a thing could be bought.
can you imagine how long it would take to juice your own!
might just have to check it out. ;thumbsup;
one of the cafes on Lanaster University (Pizzaetta republic) campus does cherry juice at £1 a glass. It's delicious. Though if I could get litre cartons of it, then I'd be super-happy. I've never seen it available in shops.
Reply 6
i would try lidl or a german/ east europe food shop - they sell it in poland, so a polski sklep might have some.
Reply 7
Yes, Polish shops will have cherry juice. Look for 'sok wisniowy'. Tymbark is the best brand.
Reply 8
ooohhh - i live on tymbark in poland (wisnia i jablka!) - YUM. To be fair you won't need to read the label - in the less than subtle polish style there will be big images of cherries on the carton/bottle
Reply 9
lodzinski
ooohhh - i live on tymbark in poland (wisnia i jablka!) - YUM. To be fair you won't need to read the label - in the less than subtle polish style there will be big images of cherries on the carton/bottle

I just wanted to show off my knowledge of Polish. :p: Tymbark's great, isn't it? Polish fruit juice in general is better than what you get in the UK, not to mention cheaper. I hope that when I go to university I'll be able to locate a polski sklep somewhere... either that or go home every weekend.:p:
polish food and drink in general is better and cheaper than in england - I have some pierniki knocking about in my cupboard from my trip in July - yummy. I like the nectar approach too - the 50% juice 50% sweet water makes it lighter but still tasty, not to mention cheap, and means you get more exotic flavours. Allegedly there is a polski sklep open near me now - must take a drive and see if I can hunt down some proper polish food - especially sernik!
Reply 11
lodzinski
polish food and drink in general is better and cheaper than in england - I have some pierniki knocking about in my cupboard from my trip in July - yummy. I like the nectar approach too - the 50% juice 50% sweet water makes it lighter but still tasty, not to mention cheap, and means you get more exotic flavours. Allegedly there is a polski sklep open near me now - must take a drive and see if I can hunt down some proper polish food - especially sernik!

Pierniki are great! You have taste. Yes, Polish food in general is just better quality, really. Especially the bread, you can't beat Polish bread. And I must confess a certain weakness for Prince Polo chocolates. :redface:
ooh prince polo! those are ace.
Reply 13
lodzinski
ooh prince polo! those are ace.

:biggrin: :five:

Anyway, yes, back to cherry juice...
Reply 14
thanks for all the help everyone! i'm still surviving on the cherry juice i brought back from greece but there is only one carton left arghhh. i dont live in a very cultured area lol so theres only tesco or sainsburys. lidl seems to have popped up quite a few times but i dont know of any polish shops or foreign markets either :'( i'll keep searching though. not giving up just yet.
The Tesco where i live has loads of Polish food products, and stocks cherry juice :smile:
Buy some cherries, take out the stones, put them in the blender and voila you have cherry juice.
Reply 17
I've seen it in the fridge in Tesco/asda in Edinburgh before.

Latest