The Student Room Group

Holiday for 18 year olds - nightlife but not too over-the-top

Hi:smile:
just wondered if anyone had gone on holiday anywhere with good nightlife for people around 18 years old but is not as crazy as places such as Malaga?

Scroll to see replies

Take a look on Tripadvisor they usually have some good suggestions. If you sort by 'cheap' rather than recommended you can sometimes find some cracking deals on flights and hotel.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Vacation_Packages-g4-Europe-Vacations.html
Reply 2
Amsterdam tbh.
Or, I hear North Cyprus is really nice. Much better than Southern Cyprus, where all the tourists flock to. And it's a really chilled and relaxed place to be.
maxfire
Amsterdam tbh.
Or, I hear North Cyprus is really nice. Much better than Southern Cyprus, where all the tourists flock to. And it's a really chilled and relaxed place to be.

Your sig is slightly traumatic :woo:
Reply 4
Pink Sparkles
Your sig is slightly traumatic :woo:

:sexface:
Embrace it. Don't feel guilty about liking it.
Reply 5
When do you want to go... Tenerife or Lanzarote will be pretty good for that
Reply 6
Crete, its really nice and quiet in places...but you can just go to malia if you want a night out
Barcelona?
Reply 8
Rhodes is good, has the chilled out Old Town and the harbour, but also a pretty busy Bar Street with a good choice of bars and clubs. Also the old Greek architecture is amazing and the place is a World Heritage site. The beach is only a bus ride away too.
Reply 9
Valencia
Monaco or Nice or St Tropez
jimber
Crete, its really nice and quiet in places...but you can just go to malia if you want a night out

Me and my friends did this last year. We stayed in a hotel in Stalis, the town neighbouring Malia, and we got the relaxing time in the day, because it was a family orientated hotel and then we'd head into Malia for nights out when we pleased. :smile:
All that failing, Barcelona might be a nice choice.??
Reply 12
somewhere on costa brava other than lloret, they've all got something going on in the night, and are all close enough to lloret to go for something more over the top

and close enough to visit barcelona too
Reply 13
I went to Corfu last year, the greek islands are really nice, we stayed in a hotel with apartments, with our own kitchen etc, we basically sat by the pool, then went out for some cocktails in the evening, just nice relaxing drinks. It's up to you what you want to do though :smile: It was a place called Sidari :smile:
Go to Tenerife, stay anywhere but Las Americas ie. Los Cristianos or Costa Adeji and you'll be fine. Very friendly, some decent bars in both but only the bigger clubs are in Las Americas so you can pick and choose.
Reply 15
writergirl
Me and my friends did this last year. We stayed in a hotel in Stalis, the town neighbouring Malia, and we got the relaxing time in the day, because it was a family orientated hotel and then we'd head into Malia for nights out when we pleased. :smile:
All that failing, Barcelona might be a nice choice.??

Yeah Crete is pretty awesome, think you did the right thing, Malia is a bit of a ******** wouldnt wanna stay there but looks a good night out. Loads of stuff to do in the day aswell, 4x4 tours, spinalonga (leper island) and matala (hippy hang out)
Reply 16
booked my girls holiday yesterday!! :biggrin: we looked at kavos, zante and finally settled on bulgaria, we managed to get a 4* hotel all inclusive for around £500. bulgaria is so cheap has great beaches and a good nightlife if u want it. there 8 of us going so we should have a brill time. :biggrin:
Reply 17
Zante or Crete I would say are your best bets... cheap and cheerful, got nightlife but also plenty or culture and other things to do.

We booked for Magaluf... my friends are party animals :smile:
Reply 18
Turkey, from what my friend has told me. Somewhere near Olu Deniz, then you have the nightlife, the beaches and the cheap prices compared to places like Greece and Spain. I think she said it was £300 for a fortnight, with flights and accomodation (maybe food, I can't really remember.)
Reply 19
I recomend Alburfiera in portugal. Close to Faro airport and has a good nightlife but a real nice place aswell.

Quick Reply

Latest