The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Black Butler
What part in particular?

1) rapping is spoken not typed, how is this rapping?

2) how will the process take place, we just type it for you to read?

3) how will you know if it aint just jacked off some street rapper on youtube?

4) how will we know your choice of the winner is not effected by self biasness?

5) did you self proclaim to be the spokesman?

6) are you for real?

7) who are you really?

that should do for now.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

As the spokesperson from the TSR Pakistani Society, I am proud to announce that there will be a rap context tommorow at Wednesday 21st July at 12.00pm. You must elect two people from your society as rappers. The theme will be announced 30mins before the rap contest. Vulgar language may not be used.

The contest will be held in the Pakistaini Society thread and I will be the moniter.

Thank you.

I demand it be held on a neutral thread.

(and also lol)

Additionally, the time set may overlap with the 1st test between England and India tomorrow. If so, I also demand a change in time, so that it only runs during the anticipated rain delays.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?
I demand it be held on a neutral thread.

(and also lol)

Ok. It would also be done under a poll. Ill edit my original post.
Original post by Indian_Prince

6) are you for real?

7) who are you really?

that should do for now.

Grrr why doesn't tsr let me +rep you?!!! Tis annoying me now.
Ok. It would also be done under a poll. Ill edit my original post.

Please kindly also check the edit I made to my post. Thank you for your co-operation.

6) are you for real?

7) who are you really?

that should do for now.

1) true - this will be different.
2) yup - the audience will read - there will be a poll.
3) If someone from Tsr recognises it they can inform me and I will verify it.
4) done under poll - im the monitor not the decider.
5+6+7) yes
lolol :tongue:

yup yup, every indian needs it :smile:

lolol sorry :tongue: need to anticurse if we are to win :redface:

yup yup i will admit it :tongue:

nice name change by the way:wink: you just need your bleed blue kohli picture now :tongue:

Yeah, was just watching a documentary on Ian Botham's career with England...vaaary interesting!

Lol, how'd you remember that? Didn't do it for Kohli, I've done it for India :smile: :wink:
Original post by midnightL
HP! I bet your small and brown, just like the sauce :biggrin:

I'm small :frown: Well 5"4 :smile:
But not very brown....I'm like, milky white :redface:

Every Sikh I've met has referred to me as a 'HP' :tongue:
Original post by dreamer9501
Grrr why doesn't tsr let me +rep you?!!! Tis annoying me now.

give me a neg rep instead :smile:
Please kindly also check the edit I made to my post. Thank you for your co-operation.

I believe the time I put was too early anyway. Do you have a better idea as a member of this thread what time for the contest would be best.
1) true - this will be different.
2) yup - the audience will read - there will be a poll.
3) If someone from Tsr recognises it they can inform me and I will verify it.
4) done under poll - im the monitor not the decider.
5+6+7) yes

1) by different do you mean quite silly, i mean poetry can be written and spoken, but rapping? everyone will read it differently, some will read it slow, some will read it fast, it wont be effective, it will just be a written sort of thing :/

2) so what if the audience (people from each society) vote for there own rappers, ive seen the pakistani society and it definately has alot more active users, obviously they would vote and this would be completely unfair. A poll will not work unless you want biases to be added into the decision.

3) i see, but mix and match is always possible, rapping is quite a big thing, no one will recognise if a line or two have been taken from someone else.

4) i see, so you are just like a presenter, may i ask, how come you called yourself a spokesman lol :redface:

oh and i got a interview tomos at that time anyways, allow typing up some lyrics to a rap lol.

Your neg rep collection is pretty impressive :tongue:

I believe the time I put was too early anyway. Do you have a better idea as a member of this thread what time for the contest would be best.

Well, preferably in the evening, considering this is the most anticipated India-England match ever. Then again there might be people on here who have no interest in cricket, and enjoy this kind of 'rapping' (typing)

Lol that won't work either. :mad: it let's me rep other people though.:s-smilie:
Original post by bleedblue.
Yeah, was just watching a documentary on Ian Botham's career with England...vaaary interesting!

Lol, how'd you remember that? Didn't do it for Kohli, I've done it for India :smile: :wink:

haha, what channel was it on? :tongue:

well, i remember it from the old old old cricket thread we destroyed :tongue: like i didnt need to read the name to know it was you lolololol hmmmmmmmmmmm im sure Kohli was added into the equation a little too :tongue:
1) by different do you mean quite silly, i mean poetry can be written and spoken, but rapping? everyone will read it differently, some will read it slow, some will read it fast, it wont be effective, it will just be a written sort of thing :/

2) so what if the audience (people from each society) vote for there own rappers, ive seen the pakistani society and it definately has alot more active users, obviously they would vote and this would be completely unfair. A poll will not work unless you want biases to be added into the decision.

3) i see, but mix and match is always possible, rapping is quite a big thing, no one will recognise if a line or two have been taken from someone else.

4) i see, so you are just like a presenter, may i ask, how come you called yourself a spokesman lol :redface:

oh and i got a interview tomos at that time anyways, allow typing up some lyrics to a rap lol.

The thread is not going to be in a society. It will be a seperate thread in the International Lounge.
The contest has been postponed to 7:00pm - will you be available then?
Your neg rep collection is pretty impressive :tongue:

Well, preferably in the evening, considering this is the most anticipated India-England match ever. Then again there might be people on here who have no interest in cricket, and enjoy this kind of 'rapping' (typing)

7:00pm
haha, what channel was it on? :tongue:

well, i remember it from the old old old cricket thread we destroyed :tongue: like i didnt need to read the name to know it was you lolololol hmmmmmmmmmmm im sure Kohli was added into the equation a little too :tongue:

BBC2 :smile:

Lol :biggrin:
Am I that predictable? :tongue:

Okay fine, maybe it was influenced by Kohli a bit....apparantly he's been referred to as 'Young Blue'? :tongue:
7:00pm

Not to be really annoying, but, the highlights on channel five are on at 7pm :tongue:
Original post by dreamer9501
Lol that won't work either. :mad: it let's me rep other people though.:s-smilie:

you have repped me too much missy :tongue:
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

As the spokesperson from the TSR Pakistani Society, I am proud to announce that there will be a rap context tommorow at Wednesday 21st July at 7.00pm. You must elect two people from your society as rappers. The theme will be announced 30mins before the rap contest. Vulgar language may not be used.

The contest will be held in a seperate thread in the International Lounge under the title 'India vs Pakistan rap' and I will be the moniter. There will be a poll in which anyone can vote.

Thank you..

Latest