The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Michael XYZ
Pretty darn similar to what I'm at then, although lower bench but higher deadlift. Cool.

you can't deadlfit 200 yet? work on that ****!
Reply 61
Last night

CGBP

100kg x 5 - Easy
90kg x 10, 5, 8 - Not sure what happened with the mid-set

And that was that lol. Took it easy, didn't want to take anything away from the comp on Sunday. Will go in tomorrow for some final stretching and foam rolling for good measure. 115 lifters on the day running through a single platform. I hope the loaders/spotters are efficient.
Its my last comp as a 'junior', so I need to make the record unattainable for whoever comes after me :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 62
BDFPA British single lifts - Deadlift (belt only)

Weighed in at 84.5kg, (90kg class).

Warming up turned out quite well but there were hardly any weights so turned into a free for all.

100kg x 5
140kg x 1
160kg x 1
190kg x 1
220kg x 1
250kg x 1 - came out of the warm up area to find I had a minute until my attempt. Pretty good timing.

290kg x 1 - easy
307.5kg - easy
320kg x 1 - comfy, more there

Finished the day as the best deadlifter and a WDFPA world record in both the jnr and snr age groups.

From here its time to dust off the deadlift suit and build towards 350kg for the summer.
Do you get money for winning these comps?
Original post by Herr Stamper

Weighed in at 84.5kg, (90kg class).

290kg x 1 - easy
307.5kg - easy
320kg x 1 - comfy, more there

Finished the day as the best deadlifter and a WDFPA world record in both the jnr and snr age groups.

From here its time to dust off the deadlift suit and build towards 350kg for the summer.

Nice lifting.

What were the old records?

And what are the 82.5kg records? Surely if you could drop to that class for weigh in you could be even more awesome?
impressive nick :biggrin:
****ing sick.
Reply 67
Original post by MHorman
Nice lifting.

What were the old records?

And what are the 82.5kg records? Surely if you could drop to that class for weigh in you could be even more awesome?

The old record was 305kg so I went 307.5kg on my second. The single lift records aren't a great standard tbh. I personally think 320kg is more respectable but should be more. I have no plans to drop down, I need to get bigger which is my main goal thia year.

Thanks to everyone else
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 68
Original post by sil3nt_cha0s
Do you get money for winning these comps?

No money for powerlifting, in the UK at least. I did pick up 3 trophies and a 2.3kg tub of protein so im not complaining.
What's the deadlift record in the weight class that you are competing in/going to compete in if you get bigger?

British and World if you know.
Reply 70
353kg in a full powerlifting comp where you do all 3. Thats the big one that was set by a bit of a legend many moons ago. I dont want to be in the class above, just be a fuller 90kg.
Reply 71
That looked so easy.

Edit: So you're 33kg from the World Record? Pump your body with juice and you'll hit that in a couple of weeks. Do it!

Edit2: 198 859 Ed Coan USA 1985 USPF

859 = 390kg?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 73
Original post by Michael XYZ
That looked so easy.

Edit: So you're 33kg from the World Record? Pump your body with juice and you'll hit that in a couple of weeks. Do it!

Edit2: 198 859 Ed Coan USA 1985 USPF

859 = 390kg?

353kg is the record in my fed. Coan's is in the IPF and also a level I'll never achieve. Of all the major feds (forgetting the backyard stuff) 353kg is probably the smallest weight, yet it's still f'in massive.
(edited 12 years ago)
Go hard or go home!

But yes, I understand. I thought Coan's was 353kg. In which case I was thinking "Wow, a guy on TSR may actually challenge for Coan's record - that's insane!".

Still, 353kg is impressive nevertheless!
Haha like the KK-esque nonchalance at the end there. Also like your prep, no bull**** screaming. Awesome.

Nice cleavage btw..
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 76
I would.
Original post by cowsforsale
Haha like the KK-esque nonchalance at the end there. Also like your prep, no bull**** screaming. Awesome.

Seemed like a tough crowd. Awkwardness in the crowd at the end when he held it.

Still, a WR is a WR. Awesome deadlifting. Made it look like a piece of cake. :adore:
Reply 78
Yeah I'd agree with the crowd thing. In Scotland and on the equipped side of the BDFPA I'm well known because thats were I've done all my previous lifting. Then I turn up to a comp in England, in just my belt and a questionable singlet and I reckon people were wondering what to make of me.
Reply 79
Took a few days off but back to it tonight

SLDL

120kg x 5
170kg x 1
210kg x 1
250kg x 1
280kg x 1

Floor Press - Close grip

90kg x 5
100kg x 3
110kg x 3 PB