The Student Room Group

JLR 2012 Scheme

Hi

Anyone heard anything from the JLR graduate scheme? I applied for HR and the last message I got was the one saying that received something like 14000 applications.

Also has anyone had the assessment centre day? If so how was it?
I had one for Finance...unsuccessful.

I know that they've definitely had 2 AC's for HR and I also know they are only recruiting 10 people for HR and 3000+ applicants (similar for finance too). When did you send your application because it seems to me they are doing it on people who applied earlier getting to the AC's first.
Reply 2
3000 applications, bloody hell. I was hoping most the applications were for the engineering schemes. I do not think I will be successful because I know I definitely got 1 question wrong on the diagrammatical reasoning test.

I sent my application on December 24th and got invited to the tests on 12th January which was completed on the 18th.
(edited 12 years ago)
Keep the faith they aren't obliged to pick anyone ahead of you when they have so many potential candidates. Applying at that time, you will be at the bottom of the pile, I'd assume. At my AC it was full of people that applied october/november time.

Have you applied for Royal Mail? Their tests were RIDICULOUS.
Reply 4
Original post by original_username
Keep the faith they aren't obliged to pick anyone ahead of you when they have so many potential candidates. Applying at that time, you will be at the bottom of the pile, I'd assume. At my AC it was full of people that applied october/november time.

Have you applied for Royal Mail? Their tests were RIDICULOUS.

I applied for the finance scheme, the logical reasoning test left me totally perplexed
Original post by Mama Sita
I applied for the finance scheme, the logical reasoning test left me totally perplexed

Royal mail? Ye I guessed all of them pretty much. Balls did they follow a pattern!
It's a testing company I've never come across before. How dare they compete against SHL and their predictable questions :wink:
Reply 6
Yep for royal mail, don't think in gonna get anywhere with that application:rolleyes:
Reply 7
Thank you for the replies. Strangely I got a message the other day saying they are still looking through applications and that assessments will continue till May. They must be watching the forum haha.

I didn't apply for the Royal Mail. I hate the SHL tests, they go on for too long. The JLR tests were structured good, it was something like 4 questions per section (3 sections).
Reply 8
Original post by Mr Blah Blah
Hi

Anyone heard anything from the JLR graduate scheme? I applied for HR and the last message I got was the one saying that received something like 14000 applications.

Also has anyone had the assessment centre day? If so how was it?

I applied for HR too also near the deadline. I completed the tests back in January and then just got the same two emails about how many applications they've had. I've now withdrawn though, as I have another job offer. Good luck with the wait. Have you applied to many others?
Original post by Mr Blah Blah
Thank you for the replies. Strangely I got a message the other day saying they are still looking through applications and that assessments will continue till May. They must be watching the forum haha.

I didn't apply for the Royal Mail. I hate the SHL tests, they go on for too long. The JLR tests were structured good, it was something like 4 questions per section (3 sections).

They weren't SHL they were some company I've never heard of.
Hopefully you'll be one of the 10 :wink:

Coolh well done.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending