The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MangoFreak
I enjoy being allowed to make fun of religion, as it's a subject about opinions, really :biggrin:

I'm not some crazy fanatic Atheist, I just enjoy mocking faith :tongue:

I'm an atheist but believe in life after death.
Original post by Dalek1099
I'm an atheist but believe in life after death.

I am a atheist and Buddhist; Buddhism is a way of life not a religion.
Original post by MangoFreak
I enjoy being allowed to make fun of religion, as it's a subject about opinions, really :biggrin:

I'm not some crazy fanatic Atheist, I just enjoy mocking faith :tongue:

I'd be killed if I openly bashed religion at my school :tongue:

Once a girl had a hissy fit because I said that, according to religion, everybody is going to 'Hell'.

For the record, I said that some religions say that if you're not a member of that religion, then you will go to Hell. Seeing as more than one religion says that, and assuming that those religions are all correct, we're all going to hell :tongue:

I'd rather rot in the ground if that's okay with 'God' :pierre:

"Under the law, state schools must teach the subject to under-16s, regardless of whether they are studying religion for a GCSE."

"RE remains a vital part of the school curriculum that's why it remains compulsory for every student up to 16. It's down to schools to judge how it is taught and how it fits into wider school life."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2011/jun/24/schools-not-teaching-religious-studies

Your school might be breaking the law.

Oh, it's because I don't go to a state school. Therefore my school is not breaking the law.
English Language-Writing-CA tommorow and hoping,for ISA results back-i got bad results in the experiment but i hope it won't lose me too many marks.
Reply 1985
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
I'd be killed if I openly bashed religion at my school :tongue:

Once a girl had a hissy fit because I said that, according to religion, everybody is going to 'Hell'.

For the record, I said that some religions say that if you're not a member of that religion, then you will go to Hell. Seeing as more than one religion says that, and assuming that those religions are all correct, we're all going to hell :tongue:

I'd rather rot in the ground if that's okay with 'God' :pierre:

How can all religions be correct if they contradict each other? I dont see how you can possibly assume they are all correct?
Original post by Mahii
How can all religions be correct if they contradict each other? I dont see how you can possibly assume they are all correct?

That was kinda the point :redface: They can't.

The 'all of them being correct' thing was just for arguement's sake, as there is no possible way of deternining which ones are 'right' and 'wrong'.
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
That was kinda the point :redface: They can't.

The 'all of them being correct' thing was just for arguement's sake, as there is no possible way of deternining which ones are 'right' and 'wrong'.

not necessarily,some Christians believe that different religions are just different ways in finding god-learnt this in RE.
not necessarily,some Christians believe that different religions are just different ways in finding god-learnt this in RE.

Some religions can agree, not all.
A* -English Language-full GCSE (273 UMS) (to be moderated) - I'm rid of English Language,now,for possibly the rest of my life and i have one literature exam,on poetry,and i need 55/60 UMS,for an A* overall,in Literature.
(edited 12 years ago)
just got loads of mymaths tasks but should be aright because i love maths.

I ran a mile for Sport Relief-got 8 mins 4 seconds.
Reply 1991
Got all my grades back, not exactly happy.
Original post by Jack59

What did you get? I got a band 4 for my Of Mice and Men essay, highest in the year!
Original post by themancunian
What did you get? I got a band 4 for my Of Mice and Men essay, highest in the year!

is it not out of 5 bands though?:confused:
(edited 12 years ago)
is it not out of 5 bands though?:confused:

I was a couple of marks off a 5 but overall I am happy, it's a pass anyway. I think band 4 translates to a grade B?
Original post by Jack59

:console: What did you get? They're only mocks. I doubt any teacher would predict lower than what they think you should get because of a mock exam.

At least I hope you're talking about mocks. Rather awkward otherwise... :biggrin:

I've only been doing my mocks this week. My school is apparently quite late. Latin exams are fun :colonhash:
I was a couple of marks off a 5 but overall I am happy, it's a pass anyway. I think band 4 translates to a grade B?

no one got an A?You can resit and should to get band 5-a few people are resitting Unit 3 CAs needing full or close to full marks,to get the grade they want but I have an A*,to be moderated,in the full GCSE.
no one got an A?You can resit and should to get band 5-a few people are resitting Unit 3 CAs needing full or close to full marks,to get the grade they want but I have an A*,to be moderated,in the full GCSE.

Not that I know of, for all I'm certain I have the highest in the year (To my teachers knowledge) so I highly doubt. Unless a band 4 is an A and band 5 an A*
Not that I know of, for all I'm certain I have the highest in the year (To my teachers knowledge) so I highly doubt. Unless a band 4 is an A and band 5 an A*

how many marks did you get?
how many marks did you get?

Forgot, I think the department marks by exam board and not by the UMS.

Latest