The Student Room Group

How is everyone feeling with GCSE's round the corner?

Do you feel confident or anxious? Do you think you could've done more revision? If so, how are you thinking of preparing?

Just curious if it's only me that has a panic attack every time I realise GCSE's are like a week away.
Reply 1
Feeling pretty anxious but calm at the same time. You should just approach this exam as if it's a mock and don't worry too much about it. When is your first exam? Mine is on wednesday.
I feel weird.

My Biology exam is on Tuesday and it feels like I haven't done that much revision. But I feel fine about it.

My French exam is actually tomorrow, and it's awkward because I can't take it seriously at all. I've only done GCSE French since half way through Year 11 and that was just a few off-timetable days for the coursework and then one lesson after school every Thursday (So technically I take it as a fifth option, the school wanted me to do the eBacc). So because I haven't studied it full time I just think "meh" about it. But I am doing quite a lot of revision for it.

I'm most worried for my Maths and English, since we have to take almost the whole of the 2 years of English exams in that short period, and I am so unprepared. I don't have any quotes memorised from any of the 3 books. I have a few character profiles in my mind but that's it.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Dont worry guys. If it doesnt work out you can always be secure of a promising career in waste disposal or cleaning.
How very thoughtful of you 'bob'.
sparknotes and this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmvkeoefIqI

got me an A* in english lit from revising the night before
Reply 6
kinda panicky..

there's just so much to do and revise!

i'm just going to focus on the juicy 8 week rest of i'm going to get at the end of all this...
Reply 7
On my B1A and stuff i was like omg i can't believe it. Now I am like oh well.
I revised loads for some of my others and got better when I did less for some reason. I tend to leave revision until the week or so before, saying that I have rs on thursday so I will be doing maybe some tomorrow.
I really in a way wish I was more stressed but I can't be bothered.
Looking foward to my maths exam because I am getting B's, this time last year I was getting U's (15% on tests and now I am getting 62%)
I have already got a C but want more .
Only got 14 exams, including 1 retake because I failed hehe. Someone I know has got line 21 or something and I also know someone who has 9!
Reply 8
I'm not feeling as nervous as I thought I was going to be to be honest! Got a short course RE exam on Tuesday but does that one reaaaally count or matter? Not too sure! Then a few more and then nearly 2 weeks off for witzern. My exams are really spread out and I feel I'm on top of my revision so I'm just trying to treat them as mocks and just do my best. That's all I can do really.

Good luck to everyone! :smile:
Reply 9
GCSEs?
:ashamed2:
I feel so old.

Quick Reply

Latest