The Student Room Group

Don't live with parent-does their income count against me?

Hi,

I live on my own with a partner in a separate property to my Dad, but I still have contact with him. Student finance have asked for his income and other details.

His income is over the grant threshold, however my household income isn't-does this affect the amount I can get in student loans and mean I won't get a grant?

Thanks.
Reply 1
Unless you are 25 or over, married, are a parent or have been supporting yourself financially for 3 years (earning £7500+ each year, with proof of this) then you will have to be assessed off your parents income.
Reply 2
Thank you.
My Dad's now refusing to fill in the form because he thinks it's a stupid system :s
Reply 3
Original post by Shani
Unless you are 25 or over, married, are a parent or have been supporting yourself financially for 3 years (earning £7500+ each year, with proof of this) then you will have to be assessed off your parents income.

I've tried to put it as having more contact with my Dad, put when he tries to register to give evidence it puts him at my address and can't change it :s

Is there anything I can do??
Reply 4
Original post by VengefulMuffin
I've tried to put it as having more contact with my Dad, put when he tries to register to give evidence it puts him at my address and can't change it :s

Is there anything I can do??

Call student finance...easiest way to explain the situation to them and see what they say about that.

Quick Reply

Latest