The Student Room Group

Don't know what to do in summer :(

I don't really have any plans for the summer and it's making me feel a bit down. I will most likely be working a lot, and I'm going back to college in September as a mature student so I could prepare for that, but I have nothing exciting going for me. I guess I'll just be meeting up with cousins and a guy that I like, and going to the gym... but that's really it :frown: what does everyone else plan to do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
RAVE
Original post by Anonymous
I don't really have any plans for the summer and it's making me feel a bit down. I will most likely be working a lot, and I'm going back to college in September as a mature student so I could prepare for that, but I have nothing exciting going for me. I guess I'll just be meeting up with cousins and a guy that I like, and going to the gym... but that's really it :frown: what does everyone else plan to do?

Tbh, I don't have that many plans either. Just a few things I want to do. I don't think a lot of people have that much to do, it just seems like everyone is always doing something because no one actually says when they're not doing anything. If that makes sense.

What helped me is finding something I enjoy. And, yeah, everyone says that. Because what I found is, I was so into my work that some of my hobbies I simply put aside and forgot all about. But once I found them hobbies again, I look forward to them. What you do, doesn't have to be anything amazing. As long as you enjoy it. It may not be amazing to others, but what matters is that it's amazing to you.

I mean, no one ever says "i hate my holidays they were rubbish". People only ever talk about the good and leave out things they don't want people to hear.

Hope this helped. :smile:
At least you have a job.
I will be:

Working three days per week
Going gym 3-4 days per week
Gaming
Hanging out randomly with my best buddy either going to eat somewhere or cinema.

My 21st birthday is in the summer but i dont have much friends who i still keep in good contact with so maybe a nice family dinner out should sort me out and keep me happy.
Reply 5
Holidayyyyy.
Find some volunteer work within walking distance - something you would like to do? Looks good on the CV if you utilise "I got X skill from this work" thing and will keep you busy with something worthwhile :smile:

I plan to:
- Get an internship in publishing. Waiting to hear back. If this falls through, will try with a local newspaper. Only for a few weeks though.
- Volunteer work (charity shop and Girl Guiding)
- Relax because I've worked my butt off
- Play all my video games that I have neglected
- Freelance writing
- I'm self-employed with AVON
- I run an Etsy shop
- Go out for long walks to take pics
- Excercise
- Go horse riding

I have lots planned, but everything is to be done in my own time, which I never get the chance to during university. I worked all of last summer (from the day after my exams finished) and I haven't had a break at all...so I am utilising this time while also getting a bit of experience that will give me a leg up after university :smile:
Working. Woo, go me. I know how to have fun.
Original post by Drunk Punx
Working. Woo, go me. I know how to have fun.

Try to have a break too. I worked all of last summer and tried to keep it up during university. It's not fun but the money is awesome v.v
Reply 9
. Spend Time with Gf
. Spend Time with College friends
. Go To Blackpool with GF
. Go To Tenerife with GF
. Plenty of Xboxing
. Horse Riding with GF

Should be fun
Reply 10
sleep...
Reply 11
Original post by suzie90
sleep...

for the entire summer lol u must be doin sommat else
Reply 12
Original post by Mrx123
for the entire summer lol u must be doin sommat else

of course, I'll be doing other things too beside sleeping.lol:wink: And you are spending the entire summer with your gf but don't you want to allocate some personal time for yourself too??:rolleyes:
Reply 13
Original post by suzie90
of course, I'll be doing other things too beside sleeping.lol:wink: And you are spending the entire summer with your gf but don't you want to allocate some personal time for yourself too??:rolleyes:

lol of course :wink: thts what the Xbox is for

and I'll be with my mates as well lol
Volunteering, Work experience, summer school, taster sessions and revising for BMAT and UKCAT. So I don't really have a summer....fml
Reply 15
Original post by ChestnutMare92
Find some volunteer work within walking distance - something you would like to do? Looks good on the CV if you utilise "I got X skill from this work" thing and will keep you busy with something worthwhile :smile:

I plan to:
- Get an internship in publishing. Waiting to hear back. If this falls through, will try with a local newspaper. Only for a few weeks though.
- Volunteer work (charity shop and Girl Guiding)
- Relax because I've worked my butt off
- Play all my video games that I have neglected
- Freelance writing
- I'm self-employed with AVON
- I run an Etsy shop
- Go out for long walks to take pics
- Excercise
- Go horse riding

I have lots planned, but everything is to be done in my own time, which I never get the chance to during university. I worked all of last summer (from the day after my exams finished) and I haven't had a break at all...so I am utilising this time while also getting a bit of experience that will give me a leg up after university :smile:

Ditto on the Horse Riding, although its the GF's idea lol
perfect a really strange talent like extreme ironing or something. then come end of summer show it off to everybody :smile:
Reply 17
I don't have many plans. I have jury service for a few weeks which should be exciting. Other than that I plan to write and perform a stand up comedy routine at an open mic night in a London comedy club and that's about it.
Reply 18
might do some history reading ready for 2013 application :smile: I have nothing planned tho
Does anyone want to go partying with me? Better than simply sleeping surely

Quick Reply