The Student Room Group

OCR Biology F214 Communication, Homeostasis and Energy Friday 22 June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
hi! the link on the first page for past papers doesnt seem to be working, has anyone got any links to past papers especially the 2012 jan one? alsooo does anyone know which of the old 280?? relates to F214 and F215?
thankss :smile:
Original post by Huffers
hi! the link on the first page for past papers doesnt seem to be working, has anyone got any links to past papers especially the 2012 jan one? alsooo does anyone know which of the old 280?? relates to F214 and F215?
thankss :smile:

Here they are:
Reply 82
Original post by Princess Kawaii
Here they are:

shall we revise?
Original post by otrivine
shall we revise?

Yeh Okay...this unit or f215?
Reply 84
Yeh Okay...this unit or f215?

mixture if you want chapter 1 in f214 and f215 :wink: tomorrow starting chapter 2
mixture if you want chapter 1 in f214 and f215 :wink: tomorrow starting chapter 2

Cool. We'll take it in turns to ask and answer.

Define homeostasis.
Reply 86
Cool. We'll take it in turns to ask and answer.

Define homeostasis.

yes :wink:
Homoeostasis is the maintenance of internal environment in a constant sate despite any changes on external environment such as regulation of temperature in body.

How can sicle cell anaemia be treated and which amino acid does sicle cell anemia replace (2)
Yep that correct

Glutamic acide is replaced with valine
Im taking a guess on how its treated by somatic therapy/or a mutation?

What is the function of the repressor protein?
Reply 88
Yep that correct

Glutamic acide is replaced with valine
Im taking a guess on how its treated by somatic therapy/or a mutation?

What is the function of the repressor protein?

hmm correct but no to treat it use do blood transfusion this was in the stretch and challenge part ,

repressor protein binds to the operator region (binding with repressor molecule)
hmm correct but no to treat it use do blood transfusion this was in the stretch and challenge part ,

repressor protein binds to the operator region (binding with repressor molecule)

Yeh thats right...need to add that when it binds to the operator region it also blocks the promoter region stopping RNA polymerase from transcribing the genes for Z & Y.

I've got problems with my internet :s-smilie: so I'll be back later on. We'll carry on revising then. :smile:
Reply 90
Yeh thats right...need to add that when it binds to the operator region it also blocks the promoter region stopping RNA polymerase from transcribing the genes for Z & Y.

I've got problems with my internet :s-smilie: so I'll be back later on. We'll carry on revising then. :smile:

ok :wink: but please princess kawaii come back soon and when you give the question indicate the number of marks so i know how much to write :wink:
talk to you later
Reply 91
does anyone have the synoptic links for this paper?
Reply 92
so some explain local current to me????

Be ever so helpfu:smile:
Reply 93
Original post by hudhud123
so some explain local current to me????

Be ever so helpfu:smile:

local current
sodium ion channels open which causes sodium ions to diffuse from a region of high concentration outside the neurone to a region of lower concentration in neurone. Also, sodium ions diffuse sideways from high conc. to low. con and the movement of charged particles causes local current

these are the key points for getting the mark if i made a mistake somewhere please add or change thanks
Reply 94
Anyone have a list of all the definitions we NEED to know please? :smile:
Reply 95
Here they are:

Thank you very much! Time to compile my predictions of what's going to come up. It's already quite clear on F215 what hasn't come up whatsoever. :sexface:
Reply 96
Original post by Groat
Thank you very much! Time to compile my predictions of what's going to come up. It's already quite clear on F215 what hasn't come up whatsoever. :sexface:

really what do u think they will ask about F215?
really what do u think they will ask about F215?

this is the f214 thread.
Reply 98
Does anyone want to ask and answer each others questions with me?
Reply 99
Original post by rf229
Does anyone want to ask and answer each others questions with me?

sure
define homeostasis and give example of negative feedback(5)

Quick Reply

Latest