The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2780
Original post by TM94
How much would the fee be do you know? :holmes:

Around 10m would be my guess.
Reply 2781
The thought of us loaning Carroll out with NUFC paying a fraction of his wages and then ****ing us off next summer by refusing to pay the agreed £17m and hard balling us down, in AC Milan fashion, is filling me with rage.

Sell him or keep him. We've never come out of a loan deal smiling.
(edited 11 years ago)
Well Andy Carroll is turning out to be the worst transfer in the history of football

Not that we didn't see it coming from the minute we saw ''35m fee agreed''
Dalglish's reign was pretty much a disaster. He lost it completely. Even if Commoli instigated the transfer Kenny should never have allowed half of what happened to happen.

Carroll should only be loaned if he was guaranteed first team football. No reason otherwise. He should be kept/sold though i guess. Loan is a big risk
Reply 2784
Original post by mr tim
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18850955

Newcastle with a better offer. We want £17m for him.

We're losing more than we're getting for him then...?

Great business.

Oh, and hoping we get Walcott!
Reply 2785
We're ****ing bonkers if we loan him.
Reply 2786
Robbie Keane anyone?
Reply 2787
Original post by Hopple
Robbie Keane anyone?

Please tell me we're not linked with Robbie Keane
Reply 2788
Original post by Deshi
Please tell me we're not linked with Robbie Keane

Not that I know of :tongue:

Just all this talk of loaning/selling a player back to who we bought them from, putting us in the position of effectively having overpaid for a loan spell reminded me of him. Though Carroll's rip-off would be (and is) far, far worse of course.
Reply 2789
Original post by Jim-Jam
We're losing more than we're getting for him then...?

Great business.

Oh, and hoping we get Walcott!

Now we will apparently be losing about £9-10m, due to some depreciation thingy. Which is still terrible

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Original post by Mess.
Anyone heard the rumours about Alonso supposedly coming back once Madrid get Modric :rofl2:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Certainly have. Pissed myself when I read it.
It would be part of my dream transfer window whereby we get him back and also flog off Andy for £20m and put the money towards purchasing Cavani/Falcao (yes in my dream scenario they would both be willing to come :rolleyes:)

What is life without dreams eh? :colondollar:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2791
We can put the Alonso rumours firmly in the stack of rumours that involve Muniain and Cavani :biggrin:

Unfortunately :sad:
Original post by kuks
We can put the Alonso rumours firmly in the stack of rumours that involve Muniain and Cavani :biggrin:

Unfortunately :sad:

Just seen this now

"Me cuenta el Athletic que han aceptado una oferta de Liverpool por Iker Munian de €22 millones."

You don't need a translation to know what its getting at. Would be a good signing imo, but very unrealistic.
22M would be the (footballing) bargin of the decade.

Absolute quality player, which is why I highly doubt this is true. Bilbao are notorious for getting massive transfer fee's for their players, 22M for Muniain is a steal.
Original post by Alpharius
22M would be the (footballing) bargin of the decade.

Absolute quality player, which is why I highly doubt this is true. Bilbao are notorious for getting massive transfer fee's for their players, 22M for Muniain is a steal.

I would punch myself in the crotch repeatedly if we signed Muniain. Sadly, I can see no reason why he'd leave his home team and country to sign for a team that has no CL football.
Bilbao have confirmed that they haven't accepted a bid for Muniain.
Reply 2796
Original post by DaveSmith99
Bilbao have confirmed that they haven't accepted a bid for Muniain.

Only absolute dimwits would have believed that rumour to be true though.
Reply 2797
So borini gave up his holiday to come back to train with his new team. Surely carroll would've done the same if he's so desparate to stay here

I wonder if the owners are keen to make a fresh slate with the new young manager as they wanted initially?

Like with the old stadium costs which have been written off, perhaps they are willing to write off substantial transfer fees that were paid over the last couple of years?

If we're not going to use or play Carroll, we may aswell liquidise the cash value in him and use that money to add to other important parts of the squad.

All this talk of a loan move is ridiculous though, surely we've learnt our lessons with Aquilani x2 and J.Cole? Clubs rarely buy players after a loan who have a high value, they only would if the player had just played a blinder of a season.

If we sold Carroll, we'd need another replacement still imo. Although I'm starting to worry about our flanks now.. A player with dodgey knees who may or may not be here next season and another player who has no confidence despite being at his peak. Doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

Saying that, it's still early days and we've still got 6 weeks of the window left, even if ideally we'd have the core players together for a full pre-season..
Original post by Stirlo
So borini gave up his holiday to come back to train with his new team. Surely carroll would've done the same if he's so desparate to stay here

Tbfh the club seem to be making it sound like we're willing to let him go. Not exactly going to make him feel wanted and loved to come back is he?

Imo he's probably taking the departure of Kenny hard since Kenny was always insistent he would stay and become a great player (even if Kenny didn't play him all of the time..)

Latest