The Student Room Group

Girls, would you date a 5'2" guy?

Poll

Would you date a 5'2" guy

I saw a thread a while ago from a short guy who thought he was too short for a girl to date.

Someone suggested that he polled, however I haven't seen the poll (or maybe I missed it?)

Note, this isn't about me; yes, I'm short but I'm already in a relationship and he loves me very much.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes. My bf is only an inch or 2 taller than that so I would.
Ok 100% honest here: no.

I'm 5"7 and I just would feel too much taller. I have nothing against short guys (my boyfriend is also 5"7) and if I were a few inches shorter I'd probably date someone of 5"2. As it stands currently I don't think I'd be able to find someone of that height difference attractive, not saying others wouldn't either as they clearly do!
I would, I'm 5ft 1 so I'm cool with it
Reply 4
OP, you should encourage girls OVER 5'2 to reply, as that means the guy will be shorter than them, as well as shorter in general. The 'shorter than them' part is what girls are very much focused on.
Reply 5
I'm 5'6 and I've found shorter guys attractive. Peter Dinklage for example...:sogood: So yes, not particularly an issue to me.
I'm 5'2 - although I have a preference for slightly taller, if he was really well built (ie, at a healthy weight, neither skinny or fat) and obviously had a loveable personality, height wouldn't be a barrier.
Reply 7
No, thats shorter than my mum who is 5ft3.
Yeah, as I'm shorter than 5'2.
I'm 5'7 so no, sorry. If I was shorter yeah, but I'd be 5 inches taller even without my heels.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Journeyzap
I'm 5'2 - although I have a preference for slightly taller, if he was really well built (ie, at a healthy weight, neither skinny or fat) and obviously had a loveable personality, height wouldn't be a barrier.

What do you view as a healthy weight?
Original post by ct2k7
What do you view as a healthy weight?

She means you need to get jacked up cuzzz!!
No. At 5 ft 7 I'm not extreeemely tall, but I would feel very self conscious if I was with a guy who was shorter than me, even if it was just by an inch. My height is the shortest I would comfortably go with.

I'm not usually picky about physical traits but height is the one thing that does matter to me.
OP seriously though I wouldn't worry too much.

All being 5ft 2 means, is that your dating pool is reduced. It doesn't mean you'll be forever alone :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by Danz123
OP, you should encourage girls OVER 5'2 to reply, as that means the guy will be shorter than them, as well as shorter in general. The 'shorter than them' part is what girls are very much focused on.

I probably should have :/ I completely agree with you.
Reply 15
Original post by AreebWithaHat

All being 5ft 2 means, is that your dating pool is reduced. It doesn't mean you'll be forever alone :smile:

A few days ago you were depressed about being 6'0" :tongue:
Reply 16
She means you need to get jacked up cuzzz!!

hehe

I'm in a relationship with a guy... (I haven't had problems with men...)
I'm 5ft 8, so no.
Reply 18
Wait your a guy dating a guy, and your asking girls opinions on if they would date you? Are you bi then? Just wondering

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by ZRO
Wait your a guy dating a guy, and your asking girls opinions on if they would date you? Are you bi then? Just wondering

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm bisexual - I've slept with a few girls, but I seem to get into relationships with men much more easily.