The Student Room Group

Sweating During Sex

Well basically, the past few times me and my boyfriend have had sex, I've been sweating loads. Not like hot sticky sweat, but cold sweat (whilst I feel really hot) and there's loads of it. My boyfriend doesn't seem bothered by it - he fetches me a towel when we've finished and makes jokes about it, such as 'sweatyback' instead of 'sexyback.'

I like the fact that we can joke about it but I still feel really embarrassed about it. I don't know why it's just started recently.

I'm not really sure what advice I need about it. Maybe stuff like would it bother anyone else (either in my perspective or my boyfriends), any reasons as to why it's been happening recently?:confused:

Scroll to see replies

I'm not sure to be honest :s-smilie:
Maybe its just the excitement/rigour of having sex, it does take quite alot of energy?!
Ask your gp/someone professional if you're really worried, however, saying that, I cant think what kind of medical cure they could prescribe lol.
Reply 2
It could be the change in weather - during winter I don't sweat a drop during sex(regardless of the temperature) but in summer it literally drips off me and once finished it looks like I've just stepped out of the shower. I think its to do with the humidity.

I wouldn't let it bother you, at least you're not actually dripping on your partner which is what happens when you're a guy.
x.narb.x

I wouldn't let it bother you, at least you're not actually dripping on your partner which is what happens when you're a guy.

What if she's on top?
Reply 4
cheekylittleminx
What if she's on top?

haha, how naive...

yeah, i wouldn't get too worried about the sweating. sometimes my girlfriend and i literally stick together with sweat. it's never really bothered either of us.
It's bloody sexy when a male does that :p:
Reply 6
blackswan
It's bloody sexy when a male does that :p:

I totally agree :wink: i love hot sweaty sex
it just proves how much effort your putting in :wink:
Lucy May
I totally agree :wink: i love hot sweaty sex
it just proves how much effort your putting in :wink:

:wink: hehe
There is a treatment for sweating - Botulinum or something, it's some kind of toxin (Which sounds a bit dangerous in my opinion) And it will stop excessive sweating.

However if it only ocurrs during sex i doubt you wil be eligible for the treatment. #hump#
Well, working up a sweat during sex is a good thing I thought, i'm not at all a sweaty person but if you're having a marathon session or the sex is quite frenzied then it's natural.
This guy I was dating thought it was sexy when I was on top and my legs were sweating.....hum!
Reply 11
I think it is normal and just goes to prove how much effort you are putting into having sex. It can be vigours exertion so its likely. My boyfriend has never mentioned anything, but he is usually more sweaty than I am, apart from when he gets me to wear my uniform, and thats just murder as its so warm. He has this thing about me wearing my full uniform, complete with blouse, tie, blazer, skirt, stockings. It get very very warm doing it for any length of time wearing all that!
Reply 12
makes jokes about it, such as 'sweatyback' instead of 'sexyback.'

No way, i make exacly the same joke. Maybe open some windows? I seriously cant not sweat when humping under the covers when its summer and there is no airflow. I dont really know how you couldnt sweat. Maybe hump above the covers with windows open (though i think most people hump above the covers most of the time anyway unless its cold?)? you normally have to have a windows open a bit anyway otherwise they steam up ive found, which ive been questioned about when my dad has been coming down the street after taking the dog for a walk to see my window all steamed. To be honest though, it never bothered either of us, just towel off at the end, wiat for 15 minutes, and start over.
It's natural. Sex is exercise and I suppose also your brain gets confused with all the sensations and so makes you sweat even if you're not too hot.

Sex isn't as clear-cut as the films and books make out. It's sweaty, messy, sticky, and makes funny sounds and has hilarious moments too. Just make the most of it.
It's exercise. You wouldn't find it odd if you were sweating after going for a run, would you? It just shows you're putting effort in - which is obviously a good thing - and if your boyfriend has no problem with it, it doesn't need to be an issue for you really.
chewwy
haha, how naive...

yeah, i wouldn't get too worried about the sweating. sometimes my girlfriend and i literally stick together with sweat. it's never really bothered either of us.

How is that naive?
Reply 16
If you're not sweating, you're not trying hard enough!
Reply 17
Sweating is sexy, shows that you are really getting into it:wink:
Reply 18
LucyWells
Sweating is sexy, shows that you are really getting into it:wink:

I agree, its quite a turn on when my girlfriend sweats while doing in.

Don't worry about sweating, honestly, like everybody else has said, its completely natural
JennyJen
Well basically, the past few times me and my boyfriend have had sex, I've been sweating loads. Not like hot sticky sweat, but cold sweat (whilst I feel really hot) and there's loads of it. My boyfriend doesn't seem bothered by it - he fetches me a towel when we've finished and makes jokes about it, such as 'sweatyback' instead of 'sexyback.'

I like the fact that we can joke about it but I still feel really embarrassed about it. I don't know why it's just started recently.

I'm not really sure what advice I need about it. Maybe stuff like would it bother anyone else (either in my perspective or my boyfriends), any reasons as to why it's been happening recently?:confused:

apparently you sweat more when dehydrated. sounds weird but a nurse told me so it must be true. i must add that i wasn't having sex, sweaty or otherwise, with her when she told me.

Latest