The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
If it was already official then don't you think you would have joined by now?
Actually just checked, you haven't applied yet.

Lol nice reasons to join, apart from keeno's which scared me :p:
i didnt give a reason, am i still allowed in? :smile:
Reply 222
SoundDevastation
i didnt give a reason, am i still allowed in? :smile:

Well i had to flip a coin on that one, luckily for you it said to accept you :wink:
Unless you wanna give a reason now? :p:
Reply 223
SmilerNuts
If it was already official then don't you think you would have joined by now?
Actually just checked, you haven't applied yet.

Have just applied to join. :smile:
SmilerNuts

lol you wanna know about scary reasons? i've just looked at the current people requesting to join the old rock soc (hey that rhymes! :biggrin: :p:) and there's this really disturbing reason-

Would like to join, I am a metalhead, and simply love the music, hope it's enough. :smile: I will do odd stuff for money but pm me if you need me to say: do weird ****. I am not gay for pay btw, unless it's an offshore bank account and totals a million dollars at least.

WTF?! *is completely freaked out* :s-smilie:
Benrawie
Anyone like Sonata arctica? I dont know anyone who's heard of them -they're still awesome tho!

I have one of their music videos. :biggrin: Wolf and Raven. Seem to be on Youtube. :eek:
The new Arch Enemy album really does suck cock.
Reply 227
Lateralus

What's wrong with it like? Heard it was gonna be ace and i was really looking forward to it :frown: .

Darkened Angel
lol you wanna know about scary reasons? i've just looked at the current people requesting to join the old rock soc (hey that rhymes! ) and there's this really disturbing reason-

Would like to join, I am a metalhead, and simply love the music, hope it's enough. I will do odd stuff for money but pm me if you need me to say: do weird ****. I am not gay for pay btw, unless it's an offshore bank account and totals a million dollars at least.

WTF?! *is completely freaked out*

:eek: I really hope you're joking and just made that up, it's weird! Please don't let whoever that is find this society *crosses fingers*
Reply 228
Accepted you 3 into the soc. I love being in charge, reading all these reasons is so funny! And you were right with your one DA :wink:
Reply 229
Lateralus

If you want some good new releases, try Iced Earth - Framing Armageddon and Ministry - The Last Sucker. Both of those will make up for the disappointment you felt with Arch Enemy.
It's true, I'm not making it up :s-smilie: I really hope that user was just kidding...
SmilerNuts
Accepted you 3 into the soc. I love being in charge, reading all these reasons is so funny! And you were right with your one DA :wink:

hehe :p:
Reply 231
Iced Earth and Ministry sound nothing like Arch Enemy though :s-smilie:
And nobodies even heard the new AE album yet so lets not jump to conclusions.

Who was the user DA? i'm on the lookout for random prowlers, akmd looks a bit shady :p:
lmao!!! they havent posted on this thread yet, I'll PM you
I used to listen to Iced Earth a lot for some reason. They resemble Running Wild in a way. Under Jolly Roger!
SmilerNuts
What's wrong with it like? Heard it was gonna be ace and i was really looking forward to it :frown: .

Its just really really boring. The first track is alright but I switched the album off halfway through track 6. Angela is a poor vocalist and while it is pretty tight, its just really boring. Not a patch on the new Devildriver.
Reply 235
Personally i like Angelas vocals, much better than Johans anyway but each to their own. We'll soon see, i loved Doomsday Machine so hope it's as good as that.
How did you manage to get a copy of the album anyway?
Yeah, heard the new devildriver is supposed to sound like old trivium. I like Fury of our Makers Hand but haven't heard any new stuff.
SmilerNuts
Personally i like Angelas vocals, much better than Johans anyway but each to their own. We'll soon see, i loved Doomsday Machine so hope it's as good as that.
How did you manage to get a copy of the album anyway?
Yeah, heard the new devildriver is supposed to sound like old trivium. I like Fury of our Makers Hand but haven't heard any new stuff.

I much preferred Johan's vocals, especially on burning bridges. The guitar work was better then too mind you.
Reply 237
SmilerNuts
Iced Earth and Ministry sound nothing like Arch Enemy though :s-smilie:
And nobodies even heard the new AE album yet so lets not jump to conclusions.

Who was the user DA? i'm on the lookout for random prowlers, akmd looks a bit shady :p:

A bit shady? Surely you jest? :p:

OK, so maybe IE and Ministry don't sound like Arch Enemy. I was just recommending some good albums.

I also recommend the new albums from Symphony X, Megadeth, King Diamond, Nile and Dream Theater.
Arch enemy, symphony X and Dreamtheater :yy:
I do like the new Dream Theater one, although it is slightly formulaic it is great fun to play on my new 7-string. Constant Motion is a right finger-twister.

Latest