The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Am I the ONLY person who hasn't heard anything from St Andrews yet?

Applied to St Andrews right back in October for Psychology, and still haven't heard anything. I appreciate that they might have left the processing til after the January deadline, but their deadline is tomorrow! Surely this is cutting it a bit fine? :woo:

I do know people who've heard back from them. We rang up last week and this smarmy women on the other end said 'We're processing applications daily' but didn't tell us much more.

Is there anyone else in this boat?

Scroll to see replies

you have a cambridge offer. allow st andrews =D
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
Geritak
but their deadline is tomorrow! Surely this is cutting it a bit fine?

Actually they have until some time in May. The March 31 "deadline" is just a target for them, they don't have to reply by then. On the plus side, if you have to wait after March 31st, then you don't have to make your decision until some time in June.

Don't worry, I'm sure they'll get back to you in the next couple of days or so :smile:
Reply 3
paddy__power
you have a cambridge offer. allow st andrews =D

I want St Andrews as my insurance, lol, provided they accept me. :smile: Hence why I'm getting a touch impatient. And Bath have already started hassling me via e-mail for a decision. :rolleyes:
Geritak
I want St Andrews as my insurance, lol, provided they accept me. :smile: Hence why I'm getting a touch impatient. And Bath have already started hassling me via e-mail for a decision. :rolleyes:

o ok well good luck =]]]
Reply 5
I received my offer on the 31st last year at 15:15, boy was I happy!
Reply 6
Hopefull
I received my offer on the 31st last year at 15:15, boy was I happy!

Lol, that's reassuring!

I'll keep checking today then...
Reply 7
Still haven't heard anything from St Andrews either.
Reply 8
leemkule
Still haven't heard anything from St Andrews either.

What have you applied for?
Reply 9
Geritak
What have you applied for?

Medicine.
Reply 10
They haven't gotten back to me about the conditions for my offer yet either x.x
(Though I suppose having an offer at all is better than none.)

Going to call them on Monday I think.
Reply 11
Think they are just taking their time.
Reply 12
Zenobia
They haven't gotten back to me about the conditions for my offer yet either x.x
(Though I suppose having an offer at all is better than none.)

Going to call them on Monday I think.

Yeah... tbh, obviously I'd like an offer, but if they reject me I probably won't be too upset - I just want to know either way! It's awkward as well, cos I go away tomorrow until the end of the week, then come back, then go away again for a couple of days, so I won't be able to do anything about it if they don't get back to me today! :woo:
Reply 13
Geritak
Yeah... tbh, obviously I'd like an offer, but if they reject me I probably won't be too upset - I just want to know either way! It's awkward as well, cos I go away tomorrow until the end of the week, then come back, then go away again for a couple of days, so I won't be able to do anything about it if they don't get back to me today! :woo:

Yeah I just need to know so I can choose my firm an insurance!
I got my St Andrews offer in January!

But you can go to internet cafe's (or do you have a fancy cellphone with internet?) wherever you are right? And call from wherever you are. So you won't be completely powerless.
Reply 14
Zenobia
Yeah I just need to know so I can choose my firm an insurance!
I got my St Andrews offer in January!

January?! Wow, that is leaving it late... How come they gave you an offer but didn't tell you your conditions?

Zenobia
But you can go to internet cafe's (or do you have a fancy cellphone with internet?) wherever you are right? And call from wherever you are. So you won't be completely powerless.

Haha... odd you should say that. I'm going to Lindisfarne (Holy Island) with college, and we've been banned from excessively using phones or anything while we're there. Something about 'taking in the atmosphere and getting away from our normal lives'. :rolleyes: Then after that I'm in Cambridge having a look round Corpus, so I'll probably be a bit busy.

Never mind. I'm sure they will get back to me eventually. It just doesn't really give a good impression of their organisation skills, lol...
Reply 15
Geritak
January?! Wow, that is leaving it late... How come they gave you an offer but didn't tell you your conditions?

Oh they did set conditions. But they're ridiculously high.
So I just want to know if they're going to take a look at the Dutch school system and how it works, or if they're going to leave the offer as it is. Of course the last options is far more likely, but I wish they'd just tell me.

Sounds like a good trip.
And of course you'll hear something eventually. Take in that 'atmosphere' and don't think about it for a bit.
Reply 16
Geritak
Then after that I'm in Cambridge having a look round Corpus, so I'll probably be a bit busy.

do you have an offer from corpus as well? if so, for what subject?
Reply 17
ah. not too worry. simply didn't read the beginning of this thread..SPS i see. i'm actually in the same boat as you. I have offers from cambridge, durham and york to read english, but still havn't heard anything from st andrews. school thinks perhaps its because once uni's have made decisions, good or bad, those decisions can then be seen by the other unis you have applied to. so...perhaps at this point st andrews is debating the point in giving a place to eg. you, myself, because, due to our other offers, it isn't that likely we will end up going there.

though, i would really like st andrews as an insurance. all my others are AAA, and typical english offer there is AAB.
Reply 18
Universities strictly speaking do not have access to the information about which other institutions you have applied too. St. Andrews just tend to give a lot of their offers very late on. The only way they may have an inkling that you have applied to Oxbridge is through your personal statement if you tailored it, or just simply the timing of your application.

I'm pretty sure I got my offer from St. Andrews in the eleventh hour. Their organisation is a lot better once you actually get there!:smile:
Reply 19
Geritak
It just doesn't really give a good impression of their organisation skills, lol...

To be fair, they must receive a flood of applications. Last year there were 1,423 undergraduates graduating, so lets take that as a rough number of people they take in per year. There are also around 12 applicants per place on average.

That leaves the number of applications to 1423 * 12 = 17 076.

It's been just under 11 weeks since the deadline, so thats >1552 per week or >310 per day. Don't forget that they've got to distribute the applications to the 19 different schools, consider conditions, get them back from the schools, deal with UCAS etc.

Latest