The Student Room Group

BTEC offers for 2012 entry?

Hey :biggrin:

Please post your BTEC offers for 2012 entry here. After reading ALL of the UCAS decisions threads I haven't seen one BTEC offer. I applied 12 days ago, have had all 5 acknowledgements and an email from Bangor asking for a BTEC breakdown but nothing else. I saw someone say that they think unis will get their ALevel offers out first and then consider us after! I hope this isn't the case the wait is killing me! :smile:

I am studying a BTEC Extended Diploma in Animal Management. Predicted Grades of D*D*D* and I want to study Zoology/Animal Behaviour.

:colondollar:
Reply 1
How many units do Distinctions do you have?

Zoology/Animal Behaviour

Anglia Ruskin University, Animal Behaviour, and 3 year full-time Degree
Acceptable on its own & combined with other qualifications, (Distinction, Merit, Merit), subjects and grades required Animal Management.

Buckinghamshire New University, Animal Behaviour & Welfare, and 2 year full-time Foundation Degree.
Acceptable on its own & combined with other qualifications and (Pass, Pass, Pass)

University of Chester, Animal Behaviour and Psychology, and 3 year full-time Degree
Acceptable on its own & combined with other qualifications, (Merit, Merit, Merit), and Animal Care, Animal Mangement or Applied Science

Harper Adams University College, Animal Behaviour and Welfare, and 3 year full-time Degree
Acceptable on its own & combined with other qualifications, (Distinction, Distinction, Distinction), and
with 13 units at Distinction.

Liverpool John Moores University, Animal Behaviour, and 3 year full-time Degree or 4 year sandwich Degree
Acceptable on its own & combined with other qualifications and (Distinction, Merit, Merit)

University of Wolverhampton, Animal Behaviour and Wildlife Conservation, and 3 year full-time Degree
Acceptable on its own & combined with other qualifications, (Merit, Merit, Pass), and BTEC Animal Management (ecology/biology route)

Zoology

The University of Aberdeen, Zoology, and 4 year full-time Degree
Acceptable on its own & combined with other qualifications, (Merit, Merit, Merit), and Science.

Bangor University, Zoology, and 3 year full-time Degree
Acceptable on its own & combined with other qualifications and any subject related to the course. This is true for any of the following degrees: Zoology (C300) 3FT Hon BSc, Zoology (C301) 4FT Hon MZool, Zoology with Animal Behaviour (C302) 4FT Hon MZool, and Zoology with Animal Behaviour (C3D3) 3FT Hon BSc.

University of Bristol, Zoology, and 3 year full-time Degree
Acceptable only when combined with other qualifications, (Distinction, Distinction, Distinction), and A level Science or Mathematical subject at grade A also required

University of Derby, Zoology, 3 year full-time Degree
Acceptable on its own & combined with other qualifications, (Distinction, Merit, Merit), and Biology content.
(Additional Information The UCAS tariff points are a guide - we'll also consider all the information that you've included in your application. You'll be expected to show evidence of your motivation and potential to benefit from undergraduate study.)

University of Exeter, Zoology (Cornwall Campus) or Zoology with Study Abroad (Cornwall Campus), and 3 year full-time Degree or 4 year full-time Degree
Acceptable only when combined with other qualifications, (Distinction, Distinction, Merit - Distinction, Merit, Merit), and A level Biology required at grade B

The University of Hull, Zoology, 3 year full-time Degree
Acceptable on its own & combined with other qualifications and Distinction, Distinction, Merit

University of Leeds, Zoology, 3 year full-time Degree, 4 year sandwich Degree
Acceptable on its own & combined with other qualifications, (Distinction, Distinction, Distinction), Applied Science or Animal Management(must include Distinctions in Animal Biology/Nutrition/Anatomy&Physiology/Breeding&Genetics/Biochemistry&Microbiol, and individual cases considered; applicants are encouraged to talk to the Admissions Officer before applying

University of Leicester, Biological Sciences (Zoology), 3 year full-time Degree
Acceptable on its own & combined with other qualifications, Distinction, Distinction, Merit, and Normally 2 Science subjects (including Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics) required.

The University of Manchester, Zoology, 3 year full-time Degree
Acceptable on its own & combined with other qualifications, (Distinction, Distinction, Merit), Applied Science normally required, and applications considered on an individual basis. Contact university for further information.

Newcastle University, Zoology, 3 year full-time Degree
Acceptable on its own & combined with other qualifications, (Distinction, Distinction, Distinction), and
Science-related subject with substantial Biology and Chemistry units

The University of Nottingham, Zoology, 3 year full-time Degree BSc or 4 year full-time Degree MSc
Acceptable on its own & combined with other qualifications, (Distinction, Distinction, Merit), Applied Science, Distinctions in relevant modules required, and contact Institution for more information.
Queen Mary, University of London, Zoology, 3 year full-time Degree
Acceptable on its own & combined with other qualifications, must be in the Biological or Chemical Sciences or a related subject to the degree programme applied for, and applications are considered on a case by case basis from students with BTEC National Diploma, where there is clear evidence of exceptional quality and that the qualification offered is of sufficient academic rigour: this may involve an interview.

Roehampton University, Zoology, 3 year full-time Degree
Acceptable on its own & combined with other qualifications and Distinction, Distinction, Merit

Royal Holloway, University of London, Zoology, 3 year full-time Degree
Acceptable on its own & combined with other qualifications, (Distinction, Distinction, Distinction), and acceptibility dependent on subjects being studied.

The University of Salford, Zoology, 3 year full-time Degree
Acceptable on its own & combined with other qualifications, (Merit, Merit, Merit), and Science.

The University of Sheffield and Zoology (3 years) BSc or Zoology (4 years) MBS
Acceptable on its own & combined with other qualifications, (Distinction, Distinction, Distinction), relevant subject area required, and interview required and/or AS Level Biology is also required. Interview required.

Swansea University, Zoology, 3 year full-time Degree

University College London (University of London), Biological Sciences - (Zoology), 3 year full-time Degree
Acceptable on its own & combined with other qualifications and Distinction, Distinction, Distinction

Animal Behaviour

Anglia Ruskin University, Animal Behaviour, 3 year full-time Degree
Acceptable on its own & combined with other qualifications, (Distinction, Merit, Merit), Animal Management

University of Bristol, Animal Behaviour and Welfare, 3 year full-time Degree
Acceptable only when combined with other qualifications, DDD-DDM with Science units, and plus grade B at A-level in one of Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths or Further Maths.

University of Chester, Animal Behaviour, 3 year full-time Degree
Acceptable on its own & combined with other qualifications, (Merit, Merit, Merit), and Animal Care, Animal Mangement or Applied Science

University of Exeter, Animal Behaviour (Cornwall Campus), 3 year full-time Degree
Acceptable only when combined with other qualifications, (Distinction, Distinction, Merit - Distinction, Merit, Merit), and A level Biology grade B required

University of Lincoln, Animal Behaviour Science, 3 year full-time Degree
Acceptable on its own & combined with other qualifications

Myerscough College, Animal Behaviour and Welfare, 3 year full-time Degree
Acceptable on its own & combined with other qualifications and Merit, Merit, Merit
Newcastle University, Animal Science (Deferred Choice), 3 year full-time Degree
Acceptable on its own & combined with other qualifications, (Distinction, Distinction, Merit), DDM in a science-related subject such as Animal Management, Equine Management or Agriculture; Subject must have substantial Biology and Chemistry units and applicants are asked to outline in their personal statement exactly which modules they have taken as part of the National Diploma. Evidence of numeracy skills required, either GCSE Mathematics (minimum grade B) or Key Skills Level 2 Application of Number taken within the National Diploma.

Plymouth University, Animal Behaviour and Welfare, 3 year full-time Degree
Distinction, Merit, Merit and refer to institution.

Writtle College, Animal Management - (Companion and Zoo Animals), 3 year full-time Degree
Acceptable on its own & combined with other qualifications and Merit, Merit, Merit

You should be able get into apply for any of these degrees and possibly get in. D*D*D* is what you are predicted.
Reply 2
Original post by us3481jd
How many units do Distinctions do you have?

Zoology/Animal Behaviour

Anglia Ruskin University, Animal Behaviour, and 3 year full-time Degree
Acceptable on its own & combined with other qualifications, (Distinction, Merit, Merit), subjects and grades required Animal Management.

Buckinghamshire New University, Animal Behaviour & Welfare, and 2 year full-time Foundation Degree.
Acceptable on its own & combined with other qualifications and (Pass, Pass, Pass)

University of Chester, Animal Behaviour and Psychology, and 3 year full-time Degree

Harper Adams University College, Animal Behaviour and Welfare, and 3 year full-time Degree
with 13 units at Distinction.

Liverpool John Moores University, Animal Behaviour, and 3 year full-time Degree or 4 year sandwich Degree
Acceptable on its own & combined with other qualifications and (Distinction, Merit, Merit)

University of Wolverhampton, Animal Behaviour and Wildlife Conservation, and 3 year full-time Degree
Acceptable on its own & combined with other qualifications, (Merit, Merit, Pass), and BTEC Animal Management (ecology/biology route)

Zoology

The University of Aberdeen, Zoology, and 4 year full-time Degree

Bangor University, Zoology, and 3 year full-time Degree
Acceptable on its own & combined with other qualifications and any subject related to the course. This is true for any of the following degrees: Zoology (C300) 3FT Hon BSc, Zoology (C301) 4FT Hon MZool, Zoology with Animal Behaviour (C302) 4FT Hon MZool, and Zoology with Animal Behaviour (C3D3) 3FT Hon BSc.

University of Bristol, Zoology, and 3 year full-time Degree
Acceptable only when combined with other qualifications, (Distinction, Distinction, Distinction), and A level Science or Mathematical subject at grade A also required

University of Derby, Zoology, 3 year full-time Degree
Acceptable on its own & combined with other qualifications, (Distinction, Merit, Merit), and Biology content.
(Additional Information The UCAS tariff points are a guide - we'll also consider all the information that you've included in your application. You'll be expected to show evidence of your motivation and potential to benefit from undergraduate study.)

University of Exeter, Zoology (Cornwall Campus) or Zoology with Study Abroad (Cornwall Campus), and 3 year full-time Degree or 4 year full-time Degree
Acceptable only when combined with other qualifications, (Distinction, Distinction, Merit - Distinction, Merit, Merit), and A level Biology required at grade B

The University of Hull, Zoology, 3 year full-time Degree

University of Leeds, Zoology, 3 year full-time Degree, 4 year sandwich Degree
Acceptable on its own & combined with other qualifications, (Distinction, Distinction, Distinction), Applied Science or Animal Management(must include Distinctions in Animal Biology/Nutrition/Anatomy&Physiology/Breeding&Genetics/Biochemistry&Microbiol, and individual cases considered; applicants are encouraged to talk to the Admissions Officer before applying

University of Leicester, Biological Sciences (Zoology), 3 year full-time Degree
Acceptable on its own & combined with other qualifications, Distinction, Distinction, Merit, and Normally 2 Science subjects (including Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics) required.

The University of Manchester, Zoology, 3 year full-time Degree
Acceptable on its own & combined with other qualifications, (Distinction, Distinction, Merit), Applied Science normally required, and applications considered on an individual basis. Contact university for further information.

Newcastle University, Zoology, 3 year full-time Degree
Science-related subject with substantial Biology and Chemistry units

The University of Nottingham, Zoology, 3 year full-time Degree BSc or 4 year full-time Degree MSc
Acceptable on its own & combined with other qualifications, (Distinction, Distinction, Merit), Applied Science, Distinctions in relevant modules required, and contact Institution for more information.
Queen Mary, University of London, Zoology, 3 year full-time Degree
Acceptable on its own & combined with other qualifications, must be in the Biological or Chemical Sciences or a related subject to the degree programme applied for, and applications are considered on a case by case basis from students with BTEC National Diploma, where there is clear evidence of exceptional quality and that the qualification offered is of sufficient academic rigour: this may involve an interview.

Roehampton University, Zoology, 3 year full-time Degree

Royal Holloway, University of London, Zoology, 3 year full-time Degree
Acceptable on its own & combined with other qualifications, (Distinction, Distinction, Distinction), and acceptibility dependent on subjects being studied.

The University of Salford, Zoology, 3 year full-time Degree

The University of Sheffield and Zoology (3 years) BSc or Zoology (4 years) MBS
Acceptable on its own & combined with other qualifications, (Distinction, Distinction, Distinction), relevant subject area required, and interview required and/or AS Level Biology is also required. Interview required.

Swansea University, Zoology, 3 year full-time Degree

University College London (University of London), Biological Sciences - (Zoology), 3 year full-time Degree
Acceptable on its own & combined with other qualifications and Distinction, Distinction, Distinction

Animal Behaviour

Anglia Ruskin University, Animal Behaviour, 3 year full-time Degree
Acceptable on its own & combined with other qualifications, (Distinction, Merit, Merit), Animal Management

University of Bristol, Animal Behaviour and Welfare, 3 year full-time Degree
Acceptable only when combined with other qualifications, DDD-DDM with Science units, and plus grade B at A-level in one of Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths or Further Maths.

University of Chester, Animal Behaviour, 3 year full-time Degree

University of Exeter, Animal Behaviour (Cornwall Campus), 3 year full-time Degree
Acceptable only when combined with other qualifications, (Distinction, Distinction, Merit - Distinction, Merit, Merit), and A level Biology grade B required

University of Lincoln, Animal Behaviour Science, 3 year full-time Degree
Acceptable on its own & combined with other qualifications

Myerscough College, Animal Behaviour and Welfare, 3 year full-time Degree
Newcastle University, Animal Science (Deferred Choice), 3 year full-time Degree
Acceptable on its own & combined with other qualifications, (Distinction, Distinction, Merit), DDM in a science-related subject such as Animal Management, Equine Management or Agriculture; Subject must have substantial Biology and Chemistry units and applicants are asked to outline in their personal statement exactly which modules they have taken as part of the National Diploma. Evidence of numeracy skills required, either GCSE Mathematics (minimum grade B) or Key Skills Level 2 Application of Number taken within the National Diploma.

Plymouth University, Animal Behaviour and Welfare, 3 year full-time Degree
Distinction, Merit, Merit and refer to institution.

Writtle College, Animal Management - (Companion and Zoo Animals), 3 year full-time Degree

You should be able get into apply for any of these degrees and possibly get in. D*D*D* is what you are predicted.

Hi, thanks for that!

In the first year I got distinctions in every unit including genetics, biology, health and immunity, behaviour etc.. I got maximum grades in everything and I'm going for the same this year. My lecturer said she'd put predicted grades of D*D*D* on my reference. But.. all is not excellent. My GCSEs are really bad, I have a B in english language but did terrible in Maths, but I am resitting it.

I'm hoping the fact I'm 25 might help me :biggrin: I have strong zoological work experience and I've had some research I did at Bristol Zoo presented at an international conference. I am still really positive I'm going to get rejected from all 5 though.. :/ I think it's my GCSEs that are giving me a lack of confidence.

Are you a fellow BTEC student?
Reply 3
No, alas I am an American.
What Universities those 5 universities?
How bad were your GCSEs?
Reply 4
Btec level 3 extended diploma in business
hello! i do btec level 3 extended diploma in business and im applying to unis next year i am aiming for three DDD at least. And i have average GCSES. What chances do i have in getting into a good uni? HELP!
Original post by SK94
Btec level 3 extended diploma in business
hello! i do btec level 3 extended diploma in business and im applying to unis next year i am aiming for three DDD at least. And i have average GCSES. What chances do i have in getting into a good uni? HELP!

Very good because i got average grade too and I'm doing BTEC level 3 ICT Extended diploma and Predicted D*D*D. Also i've got offers from Royal Holloway University of London, City University of London and Greenwich University of London.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by DarwinsDevotee
Hi, thanks for that!

In the first year I got distinctions in every unit including genetics, biology, health and immunity, behaviour etc.. I got maximum grades in everything and I'm going for the same this year. My lecturer said she'd put predicted grades of D*D*D* on my reference. But.. all is not excellent. My GCSEs are really bad, I have a B in english language but did terrible in Maths, but I am resitting it.

I'm hoping the fact I'm 25 might help me :biggrin: I have strong zoological work experience and I've had some research I did at Bristol Zoo presented at an international conference. I am still really positive I'm going to get rejected from all 5 though.. :/ I think it's my GCSEs that are giving me a lack of confidence.

Are you a fellow BTEC student?

Hello,
Sorry for butting in, :colondollar: but I wanted to tell you that Im 23, currently studying BTEC Extended Diploma in Applied (Forensic Science) Science and have the same predicted BTEC grades as u (including all D's from 1st year :colondollar: -) and my GCSEs havnt held me back at all froom getting offers! I have A*AAACCCD (D in maths) and i just rang the unis i applied to, and they told me that my maths GCSE wasnt a concern as i had done 3 units with a strong mathmatical content and got Ds in them all! Liverpool John Moores even gave me an offer THE SAME DAY THEY RECIEVED MY APPLICATION- and that was for Zoology! So dont be worried! And good luck, if you have sent your UCAS off, Im sure you will find that all yoour hard work within your BTEC will have paid off! :colone::colone::colone:

Please post your BTEC offers for 2012 entry here. After reading ALL of the UCAS decisions threads I haven't seen one BTEC offer. I applied 12 days ago, have had all 5 acknowledgements and an email from Bangor asking for a BTEC breakdown but nothing else. I saw someone say that they think unis will get their ALevel offers out first and then consider us after! I hope this isn't the case the wait is killing me! :smile:

I am studying a BTEC Extended Diploma in Animal Management. Predicted Grades of D*D*D* and I want to study Zoology/Animal Behaviour.

Hello,

I've got a conditional offer from Surrey University to study Adult Nursing (Hons Degree).

My conditions are:

Achieve DDM or higher and grade C in GCSE Science.

I got the offer after undergoing a numeracy entry test and a written test related to Nursing and current health issues (these tests are compulsory for all applicants). Then I had an interview and got the offer 4 days later.

Im doing the same and predicted D*D*D* too. Ive got a offer for zoology at LJMU and just waiting to hear from the other unis. Sadly christmas got in the way so ive had to wait :frown:.

I think we have a equal chance to get into uni, also you need a strong personal statement! I also got work experience in a wildlife park which i added and that may have helped too.
Reply 9
Original post by mohammed_khan93
Very good because i got average grade too and I'm doing BTEC level 3 ICT Extended diploma and Predicted D*D*D. Also i've got offers from Royal Holloway University of London, City University of London and Greenwich University of London.

thats good! i am waiting for reply from city!

what grades have you got in GCSE maths and english?

thanks
Reply 10
Just had my first offer in from the University of Ulster for Criminology and Criminal Justice (despite the fact that my BTEC is in Construction) . The letter said two subjects at Distinction and one at merit, which I assume to mean DDM which was what was on the apply bit.
Reply 11
So far I've had three offers/invitations:

Conditional offer of DMM for Mechanical Engineering at DMU.

Conditional offer of DMM and a Merit in the further maths unit for Electrical/Electronic Engineering at Loughborough University.

Invitation and a maths assessment for Mechanical Engineering at Leicester University.
I'm doing BTEC extended diploma in Health Studies. Had 2 offers so far for occupational therapy and one interview :smile: I'm predicted DDD.
My daughter's doing BTEC extended diploma in Health and Social Care and has 3 offers for OT from Northampton, Southampton and Coventry and interviews at UEA and Derby. She's predicted D*D*D*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending