The Student Room Group

Edexcel a2 biology revision for the may/june 2012 exam :)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by This Honest
I've just received the article today :grumble:

unit 5 article ??
How is it ?
Reply 21
Our teachers have said NADA to us about the article - I even had biology today and they didn't mention it ><
The edexcel website only allows teachers to download the article, urghhh. This Honest, what do you make of the article? Is it 17 pages long like the last one? :|
Original post by aqua05
unit 5 article ??
How is it ?

Original post by alexsasg
Our teachers have said NADA to us about the article - I even had biology today and they didn't mention it ><
The edexcel website only allows teachers to download the article, urghhh. This Honest, what do you make of the article? Is it 17 pages long like the last one? :|

Hey guys,

the article is 8 pages and a bit.
I haven't read it yet... can't be arsed... it's so long :sigh:
The main idea is about using your own body fat to make you thin.
- having a brief overview, it's about health/fitness/obesity stuff like that...this can be linked heavily with unit 1 :sigh:
yeah I'm doing unit 5. My teacher has not mentioned having the article yet but I'm not sure I want it if it's about boring stuff about obesity and health :/.

plus we're not even nearly through our topics. haven't even finished respiration :s-smilie:.
Original post by tgarrud
yeah I'm doing unit 5. My teacher has not mentioned having the article yet but I'm not sure I want it if it's about boring stuff about obesity and health :/.

plus we're not even nearly through our topics. haven't even finished respiration :s-smilie:.

oh gosh.. respiration is sooo long. We've just finished that last week and we're on the heart now.
oh gosh.. respiration is sooo long. We've just finished that last week and we're on the heart now.

I really like respiration but my teacher goes through it so incredibly slowly :/ almost every module this happens and we end up running out of time to learn everything :confused:
Reply 26
Hey guys,

- having a brief overview, it's about health/fitness/obesity stuff like that...this can be linked heavily with unit 1 :sigh:

Thanks for the heads up ^^

OH GOD NOT MORE SYNOPTICITY
Yes, more synoptic stuff :s-smilie:

We've been told by our teacher to read it once every week to beat the information into us :sigh:
Reply 28
hey guys do any of you have the article on computer that you can attach to this thread??
Reply 29
If the article is linked to unit 1, that's good for me as I am retaking it in the summer. Last years article was about the 2012 Olympics, I don't get why they didn't do that this year...
Reply 30
Hi all,

I just had a end of topic 7 test and it went really badly, so I'm starting to get a bit worried. Does anyone have an revision tips for Topic 7?
Notes summarising the 4 stages of repiration would be great?
Or the process of controlling ventilation?
I just don't get the full process and the stages we need to know :'(
Thanks alot, all help would be great! :smile:
Hey guys,

ew. lovely. Atleast this is 30 marks i should pick up fairly easily. There hasn't been a year in the past 10 where the bio department hasn't guessed the exact/ similar questions to the ones which came up.
Original post by .snowflake.
ew. lovely. Atleast this is 30 marks i should pick up fairly easily. There hasn't been a year in the past 10 where the bio department hasn't guessed the exact/ similar questions to the ones which came up.

Do you mind sharing it with us soon? :colondollar: :colondollar:
Reading it now, so far it's mentioned obesity, brown adipose tissue, white adipose tissue, cultural and social issues about weight, it's also mentioning brain activity about fMRI scanners being used to analyse sub-conscious feelings about body image.

So I think learning Unit one and Unit eight are a must :smile:
Can any 1 plz post the article of unit 5.....
Do you mind sharing it with us soon? :colondollar: :colondollar:

if i remember too!
Reply 36

Original post by ConnorB

Original post by DH3498

does anyone have the article???
if i remember too!

I would give rep weekly and do other stuff you want :colondollar: that would be very nice of you though :h:

Original post by wam-bam
does anyone have the article???

I do but I'm afraid I havent got a scanner atm but ask you teacher to download it for you or just stalk this thread for any ideas about the article in the meantime.
I would give rep weekly and do other stuff you want :colondollar: that would be very nice of you though :h:

I do but I'm afraid I havent got a scanner atm but ask you teacher to download it for you or just stalk this thread for any ideas about the article in the meantime.

thats sounds just a tiiiny bit pervy. i.e like you're trying to get in my knickers.
thats sounds just a tiiiny bit pervy. i.e like you're trying to get in my knickers.

I didn't mean it like that. :erm:
Sorry if I've caused offence :sad:

Quick Reply

Latest