The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Z-Ninja
While yu pakis be discussin on politics, manz eating ramen. Dunnoe.

whats ramen ?
yeh just discussin whether indians and pakistanis have anything in common. there was this one guy who thought we had nothing in common. what do you think?
Original post by Z-Ninja
Yur not on da levels to understand what kinda food we been blessed wid inni,.. although ramen is like noodles basically :tongue:, try some one day inni truss me dey sik, halal ones doe not haram

lol i asked the same question. i thought it was special british people food.
Reply 6762
Original post by brownchocolateice
whats ramen ?
yeh just discussin whether indians and pakistanis have anything in common. there was this one guy who thought we had nothing in common. what do you think?

India and pakistan were one country so ofcourse we have things in common lool logical inni :tongue:
read ma previous post bout ramen g
hey Ayesha
whats up? :smile:
i want to know what you think about this comment. Its from here for background info...last comment.
anyone here can also comment on it. I didnt even know such racist attitudes among asians existed before i came on tsr because my pakistani friends are cool with things and on this thread never faced anything like this.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1931199&page=6

This is in response to this. Is this person wrong for thinking Indians and Pakistanis have something in common that a common asian identity exists. No matter how much some people will deny there is not that much difference in features.

Why would he say that when Pakis bascially originated from India? Retard. One thing I dont get though is why do Indians have a darker complextion, is it because of their hotter climate??
My name is Kishan. My friends call me Kish. :smile: You can call me whatever brownchocolate, which is similar to my skin colour, or Kish or Kishan.
Thanks for negging him. He is pretty mean whenever he comments its always divisive hateful stuff. Lots of people have said things to him in the past but he's pretty stubborn. He'll prob say you're not a proper Pakistani for thinking Indians , Bengalis and Pakistanis have things in common. If you want to reply would be great.l I agree he is a complete Kutah and douche and he just gives all decent asians a bad name but what to do.
Even amongst Pakistanis he doesnt seem to like the ones who migrated after partition or are urdu speaking.

I was the anonymous that he replied to with those comments. i dont know if replying will make a difference. i guess haters gonna hate and lovers gonna love.

I dont know i just feel so shocked by that comment. Like here we all get along really well maybe because its a smaller community and i thought its similar in UK. Indians and Pakistanis in the Uk generally get along right?

PS. Ayesha..actually i want to request you to say something. there are people agreeing with parts of the comment so could you give your opinion as well. not sure how sweet science will respond but you can post your reply here on this thread if u want.

Oh, thats a nice name.. Sounds abit like Krishna. Lol
Hmm... cant really comment on Indians and Pakis getting along. I think it depends what kind of area your in, and whether you live in a lower/upper class area. If your in a mostly white dominated area then all the asain people pull together (well most of them). But if your in a Paki/Indian area I would think there would most likely be a divide.
Im not saying anything to him... He'll slate me!!! And Im a crap at arguing.
Original post by Ayesha.Tabassam95
Why would he say that when Pakis bascially originated from India? Retard. One thing I dont get though is why do Indians have a darker complextion, is it because of their hotter climate??

I think the ethnic groups have still remained fairly separate.

I'm not 100% sure about this but I would guess that the immigration that happened wasn't that crazy. Like punjabis from the indian side moved to the punjab side of pakistan etc. Regarding the colour northern indians are lighter skinned then southern indians that's why pakistanis are mostly lighter skinned in comparison. pathans, chitralis ( very light skinned) , kashmiris and punjabis are generally light skinned I'm not sure about the rest. But you get the point pakistan is very northern and as the people havn't I presume haven't moved around that much it's remained fairly the same.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6766
not continuing the discussion because i think we can agree to disagree.
I just think there are many other important attitudes that should be condemned and are not..even if unislamic.

For example this guy (called dr sweet science) generalises about Indians and Bengalis calling us all unattractive and saying no Pakistani will date us even if the person is Muslim. He is Muslim and his attitude is Unislamic. How can he get away with this thinking? Its not the first time he has said something anti-Indian or anti-Bengali.
He thinks culture and race is more important.

i cant copy and paste links in order but i'll send u the link in my next reply.

I would appreciate it if even one of my Pakistani friends here, especially all the pious religious guys, would say some thing to this comment and how it is unislamic and prejudiced to discriminate on nationality and race as long as person is Muslim.

This is as bad as discrimination against asians, of all races and religions, in Qatar like in the video. Its not right is it? Would be nice if people spoke out about it

this is the link i was talking about with the comment at the end of the page

Hey,

I'm aware of his racist comments and I have questioned him. This was a while back since he is an older member. I agree there no place for prejudice and racism in Islam. My Dad's from India so argument his void anyway. I've left it as agree to disagree, although his opinion is un-islamic there's no point in arguing if he's not willing to listen.

However, I'll take a look at the link :smile: His views tend to piss me off though and I really cba with an argument right now.
Reply 6767
yeh im going to forget it. my mind is already filled with many other things.
main hoon na was a nice movie :smile: whats ur fav movie of all time?
oh ok ..how does driving tests work in the UK here we do a test even before we start driving to make sure we know road rules.

i can understand why you would miss the UAE. Its great to not have to think and buy food. Plus the weather is prob better. Does teh sun come out much?
Are asians treated ok in the uae? or is it just the dark skinned/labourer types who have discrimination? is there discrimination against uae seems very technologically advanced tho.

You have lived in Pakistan so i have to ask what do u think of those comments above by that guy about indians and pakistanis? do u think he is right when he says we have nothing in common? are views like this at all common in Pakistan or in the UK? Do asians get along in the UK?

i have my provisional and i have to sit a theory test for road rules and then learning and then driving test...
the suns always out in uae it rains like for 7-10 days in total which i love
here it just rains alll the fricking time
and well ddlj is my all time fave and there is discrimination in uae but for the labourers nd stuff not others i never face NEVER EVER EVER faced any problem neither did my family but over here every day one of us has a story to tell

the three countries are completely different in terms of food people culture religion everything is different
traditions are different.. the fashion is totally different
we have the same gene pool but thats about it
but that doesnt mean marrying a pakistan with an indian or bengali or any sort of marriage should be looked down upon

BUT we are very different
Reply 6768
Hmm... cant really comment on Indians and Pakis getting along. I think it depends what kind of area your in, and whether you live in a lower/upper class area. If your in a mostly white dominated area then all the asain people pull together (well most of them). But if your in a Paki/Indian area I would think there would most likely be a divide.

you're wrong i lived in uae there were a LOT of pakistanis and a LOT of indians but that didnt stop me from having indian friends... at all... we were all friendly
we did take sides for pakistan and india on cricket matches (ofcourse duhhhh :P) but we didnt fight or argue
Hii everyone! :smile: Whats up?!

Original post by Farwa

I see scottish people are joining us now :biggrin:
Reply 6770
Original post by Z-Ninja
Yur not on da levels to understand what kinda food we been blessed wid inni,.. although ramen is like noodles basically :tongue:, try some one day inni truss me dey sik, halal ones doe not haram

thats it no roast for you! :mad:
Original post by salii
thats it no roast for you! :mad:

saliiiiiii :tongue: haha
Reply 6772
Original post by sportycricketer
Hii everyone! :smile: Whats up?!

I see scottish people are joining us now :biggrin:

I think you quoted me but then deleted it :/?
Seeing we're talking about Indians and stuff I have a weird story for you guys.

Back in college the only indian guy in our year came in with a black eye. We ended up asking him why.According to him his dad punched him .......... when India lost at cricket :K:
Original post by Farwa
I think you quoted me but then deleted it :/?

ahh yeah i did. How are you? :smile:

Meh i dont know. it just pisses me off when peple generalise so i told him i have lots of pakistani friends here who dont think that but he doesnt get it. i mean i spend more time here than in indian soc cos i get along with people.
yeh its because hotter climate and the further u are from equator the hotter and darker you become.

besides the beauty saying for men is tall, dark and handsome so i like my complexion.:smile:
Original post by Z-Ninja
India and pakistan were one country so ofcourse we have things in common lool logical inni :tongue:
read ma previous post bout ramen g

not everyone has logic innit lol
or as cool hair as your avatar pic. who is that btw

lol ure right it comes from Krishna :smile: thanks. i like your name too :smile:
yeh it prob depends on area. Asians always come together when it comes to discrimination by others like in riots last yr but there are always differences within i guess. what about bradford and birmingham..whats it like is it friendly between indians and pakistanis?
dw i know what u feel thats the main thing. better to ignore ignorants.
Original post by Uzzy?
Hey,

I'm aware of his racist comments and I have questioned him. This was a while back since he is an older member. I agree there no place for prejudice and racism in Islam. My Dad's from India so argument his void anyway. I've left it as agree to disagree, although his opinion is un-islamic there's no point in arguing if he's not willing to listen.

However, I'll take a look at the link :smile: His views tend to piss me off though and I really cba with an argument right now.

well thanks for the comments in past and what ure saying now i appreciate it. just wanted to know what british pakistanis think because im not from uk
think he is got something against urdu speaking people who migrated
Reply 6779
lol ure right it comes from Krishna :smile: thanks. i like your name too :smile:
yeh it prob depends on area. Asians always come together when it comes to discrimination by others like in riots last yr but there are always differences within i guess. what about bradford and birmingham..whats it like is it friendly between indians and pakistanis?
dw i know what u feel thats the main thing. better to ignore ignorants.

in birmingham generally its ok

Latest